Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

What are the Different Missions?

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > New Player Help
What are the Different Missions?

Buellzebubba
07.06.2018 , 09:06 PM | #1
There are lots of types of missions available on the fleet and elsewhere. What are the differences? I particularly noticed because I signed up for a macrobinoculars mission. What is that? Does anyone have a link to more info on the various mission types?
Thanks!

Storm-Cutter
07.07.2018 , 03:43 AM | #2
this link might help with macrobinocular mission

Dulfy's Guide to macrobinocular mission / seeker droid mission

These two are staged missions, which take you to varying planets around the galaxy. The end part is a group mission - and there is no way to solo the concluding part - since it requires varying switches and buttons and tasks to be done simultaneously.

Both are easily solo-able up to that point, but you might be advised to be level appropriate for the planets you visit, know your class enough to survive and be able to learn the mechanics.

- OTOH if you are sill quite new to the game, you could abandon these until you are more advanced. - since they were designed for people who had completed their class stories or were of sufficient level to meet the challenges.

- There are many other missions on each planet you visit. There is a toggle on the map screen. Bottom left. Open your map and tick the checkbox 'Show Exploration Missions.' Now all side missions will show up on your map as small triangles with a small 'dot' close to them. And people ( and objects) on planets with missions should have the yellow triangle above them indicating side quest start points.

Note that there is a 25 quest limit in the game ATM - so if your quest log gets full, they can be abandoned - you can re-visit them later if you wish.

Side missions were hidden by default since about version 4.0 -ish. - Since a lot of new players wanted to level fast by doing class story and planetary arc only. - But IMHO the side missions are just as good as the rest.

GL, hope this helps.
-Storm Cutter.
Like my comment? Refer me and also give a homeless Bantha a new start in life. Just click here.
Cool lightsabre art: ****.**================

SteveTheCynic
07.07.2018 , 12:54 PM | #3
Quote: Originally Posted by Storm-Cutter View Post
Side missions were hidden by default since about version 4.0 -ish.
No they weren't. *Exploration* missions (the triangle with the little dot) were hidden starting with EXACTLY 4.0, but *Side* missions (plain yellow triangle without a dot and without recycling-symbol arrows) were not hidden.
http://www.swtor.com/r/Hg3sV2
Buda-buda-buda-buda-buda-buda-CHING!
PEW! PEW-PEW-PEW!
To go to Belsavis, you must go to Belsavis.