The REAL Most Powerful Revisited

Beniboybling

Hmm...you know looking at it now this whole "Wound in The Force" thing just seems overhyped. I mean what did it actually do? Protect Surik from Nihilus' and his Force Drain right? Aside from that?

Im not going to reply to Tune, too monumental of a task for an IPhone, but This is what I think needs to be stated.

Meetra's wound protected her from Malachor absorbing her force energy.

This is what it did, it fed off you and weakened you until you were forced to summon the power of the Dark Side to keep you sustained.

What the wound didn't protect was the constant hammering of the Dark Side, trying to corrupt her, so that's what she had to deal with.

Edited by Selenial

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hmm...you know looking at it now this whole "Wound in The Force" thing just seems overhyped. I mean what did it actually do? Protect Surik from Nihilus' and his Force Drain right? Aside from that?
I don't understand... what exactly are you getting at? Edited by Beniboybling

I don't understand...

What it says Beni....but I got it don't worry. No I got what it is, what it does is what I"m trying to figure out.

Meetra's wound protected her from Malachor absorbing her force energy.

This is what it did, it fed off you and weakened you until you were forced to summon the power of the Dark Side to keep you sustained.

What the wound didn't protect was the constant hammering of the Dark Side, trying to corrupt her, so that's what she had to deal with.

So it's just a glorified shield?

Edited by Wolfninjajedi

Its a rift where the Force does not exist?!

I'm confused as to what your expect, are getting at, what accusations you are making etc.

I'm also confused as to why your treating it as an ability...

Did you play KOTOR II?

I know what it is Beni, I'm just trying to figure out what it did.

Yes I played Kotor 2.

I know what it is Beni, I'm just trying to figure out what it did.

Yes I played Kotor 2.

Well that's the thing, its not a power so it doesn't 'do' anything. It just is. That's why I'm confused, its like asking 'what does the dark side do?' or 'what does the light side do?' - we can't approach these concepts in such a way.

But if you understand what it is, I don't feel any further explanation is necessary...

Edited by Beniboybling

Well that's the thing, its not a power so it doesn't 'do' anything. It just is. That's why I'm confused, its like asking 'what does the dark side do?' or 'what does the light side do?' - we can't approach these concepts in such a way.

But if you understand what it is, I don't feel any further explanation is necessary...

It is just....is, but it did protect her from Nihilus did it not? So there is that, among what others have said. So it did do some stuff, which is what I gathered.

Anyway will just drop this to move on. Abit I will admit, I kinda lost where I was going with it all anyway.

Edited by Wolfninjajedi

It is just....is, but it did protect her from Nihilus did it not? So there is that, among what others have said. So it did do some stuff, which is what I gathered.

Anyway will just drop this to move on.

If you understand what it is then you should understand that it can't be compared to something like Ulic's power or described as a "glorified shield" - your trying to define it by what it is.

Again its like saying the dark side is Force lightning or something. Its a lot more than just a shield, its a spot where the very will of the Force is denied and cannot exist in any shape or form. You can't define it by what it does.

Edited by Beniboybling

If you understand what it is then you should understand that it can't be compared to something like Ulic's power or described as a "glorified shield" - your trying to define it by what it is.

Again its like saying the dark side is Force lightning or something. Its a lot more than just a shield, its a spot where the very will of the Force is denied and cannot exist in any shape or form. You can't define it by what it does.

l wasn't trying to compare it to anything, I was trying to see what we know it has actually done.

Edited by Wolfninjajedi

l wasn't trying to compare it to anything, I was trying to see what we know it has actually done.
Well you kind of where but whatever. All I can suggest is that you listen to the following:

Hopefully that will demonstrate a wound in the Force do be a little more than just an ability/glorified shield.

See all of this crap makes absolutely NO SENSE. You claim she was some how immune to Malachor V and yet then talk about how it affected her greatly causing her Nausea and greatly impending both her abilities and mental soundness. So there is nothing pointing to her Wound protecting her here. ESPECIALLY with that quote you just gave of Malachor V. It DOESNT say it was the most powerful Dark Side Nexus of all time all it does is describe a Dark Side Nexi. Its perfectly describing a Dark side Nexus "It corrupts all that walks on its surface—drowns them in the power of the dark side. It corrupts all life, and it feeds on death." that is the description of what a Dark Side Nexus is. If the FORCE is created by life then a Corruption of that would litterally be called corrupting life and feeding on death, all she did was describe the nature of a Dark Side Nexus.
I have one query, where did I state that on Malachor V Meetra has difficult calling on the Force and where is it stated that she did? Because as far as I'm aware while Meetra may have felt nauseated on Malachor I can't think of any evidence that shows her abilities were severely dampened, in game or outside of it...

Anyway I'd also point out that a wound in the Force doesn't nullify your senses. She'd still be able to feel the dark side presence on Malachor, and she'd still be able to hear the echoes. But the planet would be unable to drown her in the dark side because she cannot be acted upon, and it would not be able to devour her because there is nothing there.

Concerning Malachor V, it is explicitly different from other dark side nexuses. If Dromund Kaas were like Malachor for example do you know what would happen? Every non-Force sensitive on the planet would slowly die, every minor-Force sensitive on the planet would be reduced to a husk and everyone above would have a piece eaten out of them as well.

Malachor is much much more than just a dark side nexus, its a wound in the Force. To be in its presence is to slowly be eaten away, to remain in its presence is to be devoured. And to fall to the dark side is inevitable. The assassins on Malachor V cannot even speak. Nihilus became what he is by being abandoned on the world.

On top of that, its a cycle. A wound in the Force reverberates with the pain, suffering and death that created it, and then it feeds of that, propagating dark side energy in the process which it also feeds on, only to create more echoes.

None of this happens on Korriban, Dromund Kaas, Ziost etc. else Revan would have used these planets as well as Malachor V to break Jedi, yet he only ever used Malachor V. Why is that? Go figure.

And this makes it quite deadly, especially one would imagine to wielders of the light side of the Force. Especially those of the Exile's caliber. Which may in part explain why, despite being a wound in the Force, she was negatively affected, it is after all screaming with the echoes of the dead and awash with the dark side that the Exile would be able to feel. However I can't imagine it went as far as to diminish her Force strength, her wound would protect her.

Now concerning her apparently feeling "comfort" on Dromund Kaas (which I don't actually recall but whatever) what Drew must have been referring to here is the presence of the Force, in whatever form, as opposed to the complete and utter emptiness of Nathema that would have punched her in the gut. If you really think Drew was implying that the dark side was in some way in kinship with her wound in the Force then you have your head screwed on backwards.

Nonetheless you can't expect a plot hole created by Drew to be resolved by his novel now can you?

I have one query, where did I state that on Malachor V Meetra has difficult calling on the Force and where is it stated that she did? Because as far as I'm aware while Meetra may have felt nauseated on Malachor I can't think of any evidence that shows her abilities were severely dampened, in game or outside of it...

Anyway I'd also point out that a wound in the Force doesn't nullify your senses. She'd still be able to feel the dark side presence on Malachor, and she'd still be able to hear the echoes. But the planet would be unable to drown her in the dark side because she cannot be acted upon, and it would not be able to devour her because there is nothing there.

Concerning Malachor V, it is explicitly different from other dark side nexuses. If Dromund Kaas were like Malachor for example do you know what would happen? Every non-Force sensitive on the planet would slowly die, every minor-Force sensitive on the planet would be reduced to a husk and everyone above would have a piece eaten out of them as well.

Malachor is much much more than just a dark side nexus, its a wound in the Force. To be in its presence is to slowly be eaten away, to remain in its presence is to be devoured. And to fall to the dark side is inevitable. The assassins on Malachor V cannot even speak. Nihilus became what he is by being abandoned on the world.

On top of that, its a cycle. A wound in the Force reverberates with the pain, suffering and death that created it, and then it feeds of that, propagating dark side energy in the process which it also feeds on, only to create more echoes.

None of this happens on Korriban, Dromund Kaas, Ziost etc. else Revan would have used these planets as well as Malachor V to break Jedi, yet he only ever used Malachor V. Why is that? Go figure.

And this makes it quite deadly, especially one would imagine to wielders of the light side of the Force. Especially those of the Exile's caliber. Which may in part explain why, despite being a wound in the Force, she was negatively affected, it is after all screaming with the echoes of the dead and awash with the dark side that the Exile would be able to feel. However I can't imagine it went as far as to diminish her Force strength, her wound would protect her.

Now concerning her apparently feeling "comfort" on Dromund Kaas (which I don't actually recall but whatever) what Drew must have been referring to here is the presence of the Force, in whatever form, as opposed to the complete and utter emptiness of Nathema that would have punched her in the gut. If you really think Drew was implying that the dark side was in some way in kinship with her wound in the Force then you have your head screwed on backwards.

Nonetheless you can't expect a plot hole created by Drew to be resolved by his novel now can you?

Ah you have done my work for me, thank you, but yes this aptly describes the very important differences between the two events here.

Pretty much the Video's beni Linked.

It allowed her to form bonds, It allowed her to Leech off others, It allowed her to not be Force Drained. etc etc.

One thing though, further proof it was gone by Natheema/Kaas is the fact she didn't use it on the Emperor.

She was willing to kill herself to save the Republic, (And Revan even) and she would go to any lengths possible to do it, she's always been shown to be the type of person to do what must be done, no matter the Consequences, and I feel if she was still a Wound, she would have drained the Emperor of his power to weaken him, allowing for the Duel to tip to their favor, especially because it was a suicide mission anyway, they never intended to get off Dromund Kaas.

Anyway shall we get back to the article? Everyone seems to be agreement but I'd like to see some thoughts on this, we shouldn't underestimate Kyp who possesses a great deal of raw power, and while I feel Revan possesses enough power to surpass him, I'm not confident on Meetra. Unfortunately there is little to compare.

What did you think of Mak Lotor in the context of this topic?

As in #10 on the list 0.0?

Not enough Info IMO, although he showed some incredibly impressive feats, they all fatigued him immensely too, so....

Edit: Probably misunderstand the question, it's probably something to do with Kenobi.

Edited by Selenial

Anyway shall we get back to the article? Everyone seems to be agreement but I'd like to see some thoughts on this, we shouldn't underestimate Kyp who possesses a great deal of raw power, and while I feel Revan possesses enough power to surpass him, I'm not confident on Meetra. Unfortunately there is little to compare.

*Facedesks, Multiple times*

As in #10 on the list 0.0?

Not enough Info IMO, although he showed some incredibly impressive feats, they all fatigued him immensely too, so....

Edit: Probably misunderstand the question, it's probably something to do with Kenobi.

I should have made myself more clear. I was mainly wanting your thoughts on the subject, of course he wouldn't make the list, I just found it very interesting. I'm sure he would have been an incredibly powerful Jedi Master if he made it off Jabiim.

Edited by Aurbere