Why are Assassins flashier than Shadows?

Salemn

I have noticed some rather disappointing differences in the aesthetic values of the Assassins versus the Shadow..

Examples:

Force Potency; The buff to make 2 spells crit.. For the Assassin, his arms are covered in lightning.. looks pretty dope. The Shadow... NOTHING. It just happens.. no kewl looking animations.

Stances/Charges; The bread and butter of the double-bladed lightsaber users, Their fighting modes.

The Assassin gets nice little particle effects for their weapons, such as lightning wrapping around your Lightsaber... The shadow? of course... NOTHING. You flourish a little when you go into the stance (which you only have to do once and never again unless you die) and than it looks the same as it always did... no new idle animation.. no particles.. nothin.

Now I am sure this is only a few of the disappointing difference.. but its enough to get my point across.

Bioware... please show some love for the shadow and make us not look so damn boring!

Much appreciated.

May the Shwartz be with you..

Edited by Salemn

After playing side by side Sith Assassins at a computer cafe, I cannot agree more. Their combat looks much more fluent and aesthetically pleasing. I almost want to say they put more effort into Empire knowing they would be the majority player base to impress the majority? Perhaps I am thinking to far into it, but it seems everything on Empire looks better fleshed out. I feel like the middle child on Republic.

You are completely right, we should get more cool animation effects although I'd like them to fix the unfair combat advantages assassins get first. Like the fact that their shock is instant dmg while our project takes time and for example if someone vanishes, it never even connects but stays in midair, doing no damage. If I am not mistaken even their overload triggers before our Force Wave.

To be fair though, force potency does have an animation. It's nothing as awesome as lightning charged arms but the base of the lighsaber blade where it connects to the hilt grow brighter.

I like the shadow's combat look personally. Assasins are much flashier, but using lightning for almost every single attack kind of gets old.

There's a little more variety in shadow rotation asthetics, toss a droid, throw pebbles, spin around like a crazy person, apply pretty magey debuffs to areas.

I do agree that Shadow is not completely without flair.

I love the aesthetics of Project, though as mentioned above, the differences in mechanics vs Shock are rather unfair.

I am not saying that Shadows are without any flash.. just that they could use a lot of work.

Obviously the game is still fairly new and bioware has plenty of post-launch updates planned.

I just hope they remember us loyal Shadows in those updates.

Thank you for the comments, the more input for bioware.. the better.

Edited by Salemn

I like the shadow's combat look personally. Assasins are much flashier, but using lightning for almost every single attack kind of gets old.

I'd take any form of lightning over anything involving a projectile animation any time, at least for project. I've literally lost warzones because of that because I couldn't interrupt a cap while running toward someone fast enough, because of that damn non-actually-instant instant.

Agreed. Shadow could help just a bit more awesomness from some animatins/effects. While I do really like TK and project and force wave, I think the issue of animations delaying the effects need to be fixed ASAP (probably making some new animations on the assassin that delay the effects, nothing too hard to make.)

Kinetic Ward is kinda...WoW-is, I do not like it.

Force Potency culd have a bit more visual effect, either on lightsaber or on the Jedi.

I agree also with the OP. I think besides the unfair advantages of skills activating almost instantly and doing almost immediate damage, their animations also do look better. I said to my team mate in game a few days ago, its almost like they added the Jedi/Republic into this game as an After thought.

Its clear the developers are fans of the Empire Sith Lore, and focused mostly on giving them the upper hand. I actually got beaten by a Level 25 sith Assassin the other day on Alderaan. - I was level 42 ? - how ? they used Lighting ever 6 seconds, to stun me, then used some thing else. They are way over powered for their level. This is wrong totally. Its not that I am a bad player - I do ok in Warzones, I had a mere 15 kills yesterday in one match against sith players.

I am sorry but there is just some thing not right with the balance of this game.