Server lag on Darth Malgus worse after outages

Ylliarus

As has been pointed out many, many times, if the lag is a result of internet routing issues, the fact you don't have problems with other games is irrelevant. Please google "internet routing".

i have google internet routing and still not understanding it maybe i know notting about stuff like that.

second off all the reason i have no problems with other game's is more that there have put there EU servers in a central location.

more in country's like belgium and the netherlands or luxemburg country's like that where its more central.

but where bioware has put there EU servers are in dublin Ireland.

and since it has curse since Outages expansion update something has going good wrong there with the servers after the Outages expansion update release that the connection is worse for a lot off players.

• Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

As has been pointed out many, many times, if the lag is a result of internet routing issues, the fact you don't have problems with other games is irrelevant. Please google "internet routing".

There is lag on server.. Other I played FP with have reported it also. It's not that evident... but it's there since like yesterday. ;)

There is lag on server.. Other I played FP with have reported it also. It's not that evident... but it's there since like yesterday. ;)

The keyword was "if". 😏

I'm well aware that DM has been laggy, and some parts of the game seem to be laggy on all servers. BUT, in many cases, the lagginess and DCs are actually caused by internet routing issues.

Edited by JediQuaker

still having lagg problems.

also i have done some test's with a UO Trace program and the wierd part is.

my Ping Time is 34 and Ping Avg is also 34 without playing the game.

but when i start playing the game my ping time become's 43ms and avg ping become's 36ms.

and its only happing with this game i get server lagg problems and when i play other MMORPG game's i have 0 problems with there servers.

Wait, you're complaining about it going from 34 to 43ms? That's 0.009 seconds difference. What exactly is the problem? Is it just the number or are you actually experiencing sluggishness or delays in playing because 43ms is still very low.

I have been noticing that the lag is getting a bit worse over the last couple of days. As I said, it stuck around 44ms but since the day before yesterday it's stuck around 50/53 ms more frequently. I have checked all the hardware at home, checked the cables to make sure they're plugged in right but it had absolutely no effect on the server ping, so it has to be something on Bioware's end. Funnily enough, I used to have 120ms when playing on Satele Shan but when I checked yesterday my server ping there was 99ms xD so it actually improved there but worsened on Darth Malgus. And it all started with the server outages of several weeks back after the launch of Onslaught.

Please download PingPlotter at http://www.pingplotter.com

It will show you live results to the server and you can run it in the back ground.

When you see server spikes or lag while playing, use your windows key and go back the desktop and check if you have spikes anywhere between you and the server.

If you cannot see any or identify any except in the game, then it can be the game sometimes, but not always.

One thing that neither it or a windows Tracert can tell is what your return path is to your place (this can have its own faults)

Sometimes your path back can different and this is the hardest thing to diagnose, especially when Bioware don’t run a looking glass server like some MMOs do. (allows you to basically run a reverse Tracert from the server to you)

Also, just because some people don’t have lag spikes in the game, doesn’t mean it’s not the game. Sometimes it’s your game client on your own PC or your PC itself.

If it’s the game client, then it is technically the game, just not the server.

If it’s your PC, it’s most like some back ground service running that’s intermittently accessing your band width.

It can even be your router if you have other people or devices connected and using the internet at the same time.

But, don’t write off it being the server just because others don’t have it. There is still a possibility that it is the server because of your server profile (which is a unique identification for every player).

Just make sure you’ve ruled out everything else first before coming to that conclusion because if it’s not wide spread, it’s more likely one of the other multitude of reasons that is happening.

Edited by TrixxieTriss

BUT, in many cases, the lagginess and DCs are actually caused by internet routing issues.

Better to find out if this is the case before making that assumption each time a player experiences lag. It doesn’t help the player and it’s not helpful in finding out what is causing it,

And some of your replies to people experiencing this are a little condescending.

Edited by TrixxieTriss

Wait, you're complaining about it going from 34 to 43ms? That's 0.009 seconds difference. What exactly is the problem? Is it just the number or are you actually experiencing sluggishness or delays in playing because 43ms is still very low.

and Tsillah i not know about you but if you get server kicks and spike's and delay's in the game and that all for weeks long then you are also not happy if its sill happing more then 1 month and its not on your end off the connection the problem.

still its wierd that from all the MMORPG game's only this game is giving me connection problems well other game's give me that not that tells more all its the problem from the server end not from the players end.

i have also use pingplotter and its seems i lose packets on 2 spots.

good news for me is its notting i can do to fix it since its not on my end.

my networks go's from my home to the server in dublin in 10 hops.

and on 2 hops i lose packets.

that means i can do notting to fix it.

and it seems also it needs 8 hops to reach dublin before it reach the main server.

what is causing the problem is more the server location and the netwerk the servers in dublin use.

still its biowars job to fix this problem.

and Tsillah i not know about you but if you get server kicks and spike's and delay's in the game and that all for weeks long then you are also not happy if its sill happing more then 1 month and its not on your end off the connection the problem.

still its wierd that from all the MMORPG game's only this game is giving me connection problems well other game's give me that not that tells more all its the problem from the server end not from the players end.

and it seems also it needs 8 hops to reach dublin before it reach the main server.

what is causing the problem is more the server location and the netwerk the servers in dublin use.

Packet loss can sometimes be worse than ping spikes in experiencing issues in the game. It often feels a little different, ie abilities not activating (packet loss), compared to say player positioning (lag spikes).

If you are only experiencing small spikes of less than 5-10ms above your normal range, you will not detect them if you don’t already have high ping. You would need to be over 100ms for it to really start to impact the game.

You will off course see the tinniest visual affects below 100ms, but it should not affect ability activation.

But in saying that, if you are used to playing at a certain “steady” ping rate, you can feel changes if it goes outside your normal range. Especially in content like pvp / ranked pvp and Operations.

It doesn’t matter if you are used to playing with 35ms and all of a sudden have 50ms, or if you are used to 220ms and all of a sudden have 235ms, you can feel the difference because your mind is set to play at your normal steady ping.

But at or below 10ms spikes? You should not be able to tell unless you are playing with exceptionally low ping, ie 5-10ms is you standard. 10ms is within this games range of “normal”

Where it becomes a problem is if you can’t adjust to the increase or there are a lot of continuous spikes that go up and down over 10ms. Of course the higher your ping to start with, the more they have actual play implications. ie, going from 225ms to 240ms pushes you ping bar from 3 to 2 because 225 is already close to the limit of game limiting lag.

The steady ping I’m used to is 220-225ms and I can definitely see some huge game affects when it jumps 10-30ms above my normal ranges.

While it’s not good you get small ping spikes, it definitely isn’t an issue for your ability to play the game at a highly competitive rate, let alone regular game play. As others have pointed out, I’m not sure why you are complaining.

Also, it’s not Biowares job to fix anything before it gets to their servers. They can’t fix anything because they do not own the back haul internet routing your ISP chooses to take to the EA server farm. And even your ISP might not have a lot of choices and not be able to do anything for you because most ISPs don’t own a backhaul. Blaming Bioware and saying they are responsible to fix is flat out silly and wrong.

What bioware can fix is their own connection to the internet backhaul (or back bone) through their own ISP if there are issues where it connects to their servers. But before that, they have no influence or ability to dictate to a 3rd party beyond their own ISP.

The server location cannot be helped. They can’t move the server for you, the same as they can’t move it for me. Now if you already had the server closer to start with and move it on you (like they’ve done to the APAC and Western US players, then you’d have a basis for your location gripe, but as it stands you really don’t).

And 8 hops to the server doesn’t mean anything without context to where you are located. If you are located in the UK or Ireland, then 8 hops is excessive and you should probably talk to your ISP. But if you are on mainland EU, then 8 hops can be reasonable if your ISP routes you through 2 different backhauls.

Lastly, you should contact your ISP, there is nothing Bioware can do for you, but your ISP might be able too. Wether they are willing to will depend on the quality of service your ISP wants to or cares to give you.

Edited by TrixxieTriss

Listen if you have lag spikes and get kicked off the server that has nothing to do with 43ms. When you lose packets on the way to the servers also BioWare cannot do anything about it, only your IP. In the end your ping will be affected by distance from the server and issues in your connection. They have to put the server somewhere and that's that. Packet loss however is down to your IP (Internet Provider). But 43ms is still very good and is NOT the cause of lag spikes and being disconnected from the server.

Now something is apparently giving you lag spikes and disconnects. That's a serious issue of course. But the question there is whether this is something that is caused by packet loss between you and the server or if it's actually a server issue. I don't know if you have ping logs running during the spike/disconnect events but it could be down to your internet provider still because packet loss is also not always the same. Sometimes you have spikes there as well.

So that's really the question. Now if you suffer no package loss during spikes/disconnects then it's time to call CS and say you can't play the game because of it and send them the logs if needed. But in the end, the short version is that there are 3 main areas that can cause issues: your PC, your internet connection and the BW end of it. If you have a good PC and it's running fine then ok, but that still doesn't automatically mean it's on the BW end. It could be, but it could be your internet connection. One mistake also is that people then say "yeah but I also play game X and I don't have the issue there". Well those servers might be in a different location so your internet connection follows different hops to get there and therefore that comparison doesn't help to exclude the internet provider.

But you don't get lag spikes and disconnects from 43ms server lag. That's still very good by itself. However, if you conitnue getting disonnected then it's time to call their CS and have them look at it. I'm on DM and I don't have these issues. There aren't many reports of this so chances are most people do not have this issue. So if it's a server side issue they need to look at individual cases and exclude other options.

You won't get this resolved here on the general forum.

Listen if you have lag spikes and get kicked off the server that has nothing to do with 43ms. When you lose packets on the way to the servers also BioWare cannot do anything about it, only your IP. In the end your ping will be affected by distance from the server and issues in your connection. They have to put the server somewhere and that's that. Packet loss however is down to your IP (Internet Provider). But 43ms is still very good and is NOT the cause of lag spikes and being disconnected from the server.

Now something is apparently giving you lag spikes and disconnects. That's a serious issue of course. But the question there is whether this is something that is caused by packet loss between you and the server or if it's actually a server issue. I don't know if you have ping logs running during the spike/disconnect events but it could be down to your internet provider still because packet loss is also not always the same. Sometimes you have spikes there as well.

So that's really the question. Now if you suffer no package loss during spikes/disconnects then it's time to call CS and say you can't play the game because of it and send them the logs if needed. But in the end, the short version is that there are 3 main areas that can cause issues: your PC, your internet connection and the BW end of it. If you have a good PC and it's running fine then ok, but that still doesn't automatically mean it's on the BW end. It could be, but it could be your internet connection. One mistake also is that people then say "yeah but I also play game X and I don't have the issue there". Well those servers might be in a different location so your internet connection follows different hops to get there and therefore that comparison doesn't help to exclude the internet provider.

But you don't get lag spikes and disconnects from 43ms server lag. That's still very good by itself. However, if you conitnue getting disonnected then it's time to call their CS and have them look at it. I'm on DM and I don't have these issues. There aren't many reports of this so chances are most people do not have this issue. So if it's a server side issue they need to look at individual cases and exclude other options.

You won't get this resolved here on the general forum.

So what exactly is the cause of ability delays during small spikes ? My connection is very similar to the OP's, around 49 -60 ms and when the so called " lag " shows up, I start noticing instability in the connection meter. It usually jumps up to 100 for 1, 2 seconds then goes back to normal for a while then it does it again, goes up to 70, then back to normal. When this happens, I notice abilities not firing up when I press the keys, other times I see that ability goes on CD when pressing the activation button, but it doesn't activate. :D . Also, during this " lag " period , I sometimes get annoying ****ters, like my char is slowed down or something.

And yes.. all these happen in PVP mostly where a lot of things happen in a short period of time and the data transfer between my PC and the server must be **** up somewhere ? Not sure.. I am not a tech person.

So what exactly is the cause of ability delays during small spikes ? My connection is very similar to the OP's, around 49 -60 ms and when the so called " lag " shows up, I start noticing instability in the connection meter. It usually jumps up to 100 for 1, 2 seconds then goes back to normal for a while then it does it again, goes up to 70, then back to normal. When this happens, I notice abilities not firing up when I press the keys, other times I see that ability goes on CD when pressing the activation button, but it doesn't activate. :D . Also, during this " lag " period , I sometimes get annoying ****ters, like my char is slowed down or something.

And yes.. all these happen in PVP mostly where a lot of things happen in a short period of time and the data transfer between my PC and the server must be **** up somewhere ? Not sure.. I am not a tech person.

Have you run ping plotter in the back ground to see what’s happening between you and the server at those times?

This sounds very much like my experience, except in PvE. Without tech speak, I can phrase it like this: Since the last patch, my connection to DM got and gets worse from week to week.

The game is now unplayable for me. I constantly have a steady connection for 4-5 seconds, then the red dot of horror for 2-3 seconds, rinse and repeat.

Before anyone claims now that this is no problem with the server, I state 2 things:

1. Exactly the same behaviour occured in February 2012 on The Progenitor, back then almost exclusively on Taris. White Knights and deniers blamed the players or ISPs. BW denied everything at first, too. At some point though they found out that it was their issue and they fixed it. Didn't occur ever again. Until now. I wouldn't be surprised if they got some old code back in somewhere around Onslaught. I think the issue was dubbed "red dot of horror" but I honestly don't remember anymore. I also don't claim that this is definitely the issue now. I only say that it has the exact same effects.

2. It cannot be an ISP problem, because since the last patch, I played in 2 different countries via 4 different ISPs. I find it a bit unlikely, that all 4 completely unrelated ISPs have the exact same problem. But again, I'm not a techie.

Either way, since last week, the game has become pretty much unplayable for me. And it had gotten constantly worse since the last patch, so I don't think that this will suddenly change.

Edited by JattaGin

This sounds very much like my experience, except in PvE. Without tech speak, I can phrase it like this: Since the last patch, my connection to DM got and gets worse from week to week.

The game is now unplayable for me. I constantly have a steady connection for 4-5 seconds, then the red dot of horror for 2-3 seconds, rinse and repeat.

Before anyone claims now that this is no problem with the server, I state 2 things:

1. Exactly the same behaviour occured in February 2012 on The Progenitor, back then almost exclusively on Taris. White Knights and deniers blamed the players or ISPs. BW denied everything at first, too. At some point though they found out that it was their issue and they fixed it. Didn't occur ever again. Until now. I wouldn't be surprised if they got some old code back in somewhere around Onslaught. I think the issue was dubbed "red dot of horror" but I honestly don't remember anymore. I also don't claim that this is definitely the issue now. I only say that it has the exact same effects.

2. It cannot be an ISP problem, because since the last patch, I played in 2 different countries via 4 different ISPs. I find it a bit unlikely, that all 4 completely unrelated ISPs have the exact same problem. But again, I'm not a techie.

Either way, since last week, the game has become pretty much unplayable for me. And it had gotten constantly worse since the last patch, so I don't think that this will suddenly change.

I’m not denying you have a problem or that it maybe on Biowares end, but have you run some tests to confirm it’s not your end and it’s not happening between you and the server? Until you do, all you are doing is guessing and appointing blame where it maybe wrong.

It’s pretty simple to find out what’s happening. I’ve mentioned it in a number of posts so far. But incase you didn’t read them, download pingplotter and run it in the background while you play.

If there are any problems happening between you and the server they will show up. If it is smooth sailing to the server and ping plotter shows the server ping is fine, then it’s most likely on the Bioware network / server side (which won’t always show up if it’s behind their firewall.

But you can often see if there’s problem with the Bioware network connection to the internet backhaul because the last two hops are outside the internal network firewall.

Check those things out first and let us know what you find.

friend i can use any PingPlotter progam there is if there tell my MS rate is from my home to EU servers is 34 MS rate.

and when i run SWTOR it tells its 43 MS rate then explane to me friend how i end up then with the extra +9 Ms rate if i run SWTOR Game.

and still for me its to much the 9 extra ms since its giving me delay's/ spike's,lagg and worst kind off all server kicks.

and if it has notting to do with the MS rate then what is cursing it then.

since its wierd then after a update a lot off players have problems with the connection at the same time and also got the same type off problems.

and still its bioware job to fix it since its there servers all is it not a server problem its still and stay's bioware job to do something about it if a lot off players have connection trouble's then there need to talk to the company from the servers in Ireland to look at the problem and fix it.

this is how life works.

if i go to a car dealer and i buy a car and the car is not working good that i got from the dealer then its the dealers problem to find fix it.

then after that is done he can blame to the company where he got the car from.

its with all things in life and also in game's.

in this case about server connection problems its bioware's job to deal with it and find a solution for it and if that means there need to talk to company in dublin where the servers are staying since it can also come from there that something there is the problem off the server connection problems a lot off players have.

So what exactly is the cause of ability delays during small spikes ? My connection is very similar to the OP's, around 49 -60 ms and when the so called " lag " shows up, I start noticing instability in the connection meter. It usually jumps up to 100 for 1, 2 seconds then goes back to normal for a while then it does it again, goes up to 70, then back to normal.

this is now what i also get when i see the delay's and spike's that the Server MS rate for 1 or 2 sec's become much higher then it was normal.

and sometime's its stay high for a 1 min long then normal.

and when the server kicks are coming i see it all become's more then 1k MS rate all and the connection bar become's from 4 line's to a X

this is now what i also get when i see the delay's and spike's that the Server MS rate for 1 or 2 sec's become much higher then it was normal.

and sometime's its stay high for a 1 min long then normal.

and when the server kicks are coming i see it all become's more then 1k MS rate all and the connection bar become's from 4 line's to a X

The kicks were a thing for me after 6.0 went live.... but they are very very rare now. The delays are more common but I learned to live with them. They ruin PVP for me sometimes, but hey... it's game.

I suspect Trixxie has a point here.. These problems indeed exist, but they affect only some players while others never experience them, or do so very rarely. So I believe it's a routing thing and it's doubtful Bioware could do anything about it. Somtimes it just fixes itself.

It could be a server side issue and it could be an internet connection issue. I mean there's more that's possible but that's the two main ones that I've seen.

The problem is that neither of these issues have to be persistent and can be intermittent. Especially then it's hard to find the exact cause.

One thing that is interesting to see when you get a lag spike is whether your ms goes up at that moment. Me, when I get lag spikes I see my ms jump up. Last year I had a month or two where I got lag spikes and my ms jumped up to over 1000ms. I also ran ping logs to see if there were any packet losses in my connection to the game. There were but not always. When you connect to a game server it's not a direct line. It makes hops going from one node to the next until it gets to the server and back. If any node or hop has an issue you can suffer delays. At the same time if there is an issue server side, this can also cause delays even when your connection is good at that time.

That's why it's good to be able to see what is happening at the moment of those lag spikes. In the end if it happens oocasionally and doesn't affect your gameplay that much it's not a big thing. But if it happens regularly and the game becomes unplayable or get disconnected then of course it's a major issue. That's also the moment to call support because you can't just trouble shoot issues like this via mail or the forum.

In short, it could be an internet connection issue, it could be a BW issue or a combination thereof. We all know that for example this game's engine is not a very good one and struggles with group content. That's why raids, pvp and the fleet for example can be laggy even when your connection is fine and there are no packet losses.

But my point is that if you haven't excluded your internet connection from the issue, you might be wasting time pointing the finger at BW. Also because this game has been optimised poorly your hardware also can be an issue for playing this game smoothly. I've seen various people playing on settings that my rig can easily handle and others report issues. It's also a fact that this game is very CPU heavy and is not good at using multiple cores. I have a CPU that runs over 4GHz and that makes a big difference. Also having more RAM makes a difference. Now if they'd made a better engine that might not have been needed but that's the reality of the game.

And yes, there are also people that run a bunch of other programs or ar dl'ing stuff in the background while playing SWTOR and don't realise that's eating up their CPU power, bandwidth and such. So really there's a bunch of stuff that affects how this game runs for you. All I'm saying is that when this guy is freaking out over having 43ms, that by itself is not an issue. The lag spikes and disconnects are of course bad. He equates one to the other and that makes no sense. If his ms was the issue with regards to lag spikes, his ms would have to spike a lot more than 43ms to get big lag spikes and disconnects. So yes, he has a real issue but the 43ms ain't it.

Also literally how far you live from the server has an effect. That's why people in South Africa or Australia are screwed because they will easily have pings of 300-600ms because of the physical distance. But that's a constant, not a spike.

I definitely believe this game has issues, the servers can have issues and all that, but I'm not a fan of people being convinced of their conclusions when they clearly haven't checked all the possibilities properly. And let's say that your internet connection is the actual problem and not the servers in this case. What good will it do to keep pointing the finger at BW? And what if it's a server issue and BW needs to fix something but there's not a lot of people here reporting issues, what's the point of not contacting BW directly to report your issues because the game is unplayable?

Just seems to me that if you can't play the game properly because of lag or disconnects it's better to do things that can actually get you to a solution. When DM had these outages and just before, there were lots of reports here and via the phone. This also led to action from BW.

So ask yoursel how much traction this thread will get with BW compared to that? Clearly not that many people are reporting this here or via the phone. Then it may be better to call them because not all problems affect everybody and they may need to look at your individual situation. That's all I'm advocating here.

The kicks were a thing for me after 6.0 went live.... but they are very very rare now. The delays are more common but I learned to live with them. They ruin PVP for me sometimes, but hey... it's game.

I suspect Trixxie has a point here.. These problems indeed exist, but they affect only some players while others never experience them, or do so very rarely. So I believe it's a routing thing and it's doubtful Bioware could do anything about it. Somtimes it just fixes itself.

then its something wrong with the connection between my home and the EU servers from this game in dublin to give this problem to some players.

then it needs to make a long way before it reach dublin and how longer it take's to reach the EU server in dublin how worse the lagg and delay's can be.

and thats why there need to relocate the servers from dublin to more a centeral place in the EU where the connection is much better for all the players in the EU.

Edited by Spikanor

• 2 weeks later...

Hi, glad to see i'm not the only one having the same issue, but sad we are quite a few to have it :(

I didn't kown from where it was comming, but the only place where i'm lagging like crazy is in warzone ( all PvE content are fine, as well as planet and GSF).

Check graphic card ( driver direct x , uninstall and install it again ), nothing changed.

Check network, still stable between 19 to 21 ms.

Update everything on computer, recovery before Onslaugth, uninstall and install the game, kick out bitraider, nothing changed.

The last possibility is that the warzone server is lagging, why and how ? no idea, but it is barely barable right now, hope they will find where the problem is and kill it whith fire.

is it me or is the server lagg now worse after the Maintenance there have done yesterday?

it's worse after the maitenance .

ping for me its higher of about 10/15 ms now,with some spike to 300ms .

My connection is fine ,the ping get higher exactly after the maintenance yesterday.

it's worse after the maitenance .

ping for me its higher of about 10/15 ms now,with some spike to 300ms .

My connection is fine ,the ping get higher exactly after the maintenance yesterday.

this is what i get it seems in dublin there are big problems.

like i get by using pingploter

https://imgur.com/2XeeYeC

now its the time bioware is doing something to fix this lagg problems its worse then it was normal.

this is what i get it seems in dublin there are big problems.

like i get by using pingploter

https://imgur.com/2XeeYeC

now its the time bioware is doing something to fix this lagg problems its worse then it was normal.

There is a massive problem, but it’s not BioWare and it has nothing to do with them.

It’s 100% a level3 issues (or century link as they have taken over level3).

https://www.centurylink.com/business.html?rid=lvltmigration

What is an internet back bone?

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Internet_backbone

How the internet works and internet back haul development with 40 easy to see pictures and maps.

https://www.vox.com/a/internet-maps

Level3 are an internet back haul company and seperate entity from ISPs. Which mean BioWare have zero communication or influence with them.

What you need to do is contact your ISP and show them the results. They are the ones who have agreements with back haul companies. Many ISP’s have multiple back haul options or agreements and can ask for traffic to be routed around a certain point. But most of the time they don’t bother because they don’t focus on giving gamers priority or the best service.

If your ISP won’t help you with this, it might be time to find another.

Edited by TrixxieTriss

@TrixxieTriss

most off the players can do notting about the problems there have with the connection with the EU servers in dublin.

all is it swtiching from network provider that will still not help.

then tell me this please.

why have most off the players that have report server lagg on the DM Server only have Connection problems by playing this game and when there are playing other game's there have no connection problems to the EU servers there playing explane that is please.

the reason that other mmorpg game's company's have better servers and using more the best sure there pay more for it but thats a good investment for then to keep the players happy with there connection.

we all know that if you buy cheap things like a new pc are not good sings all since its cheap maybe for a reason.

same with the servers in dublin if there pay cheap there then it has also a lot off problems the servers have.

that means you not use the better stuff in most case and if connection is one off the things that is not good then there need to upgrade the server with better things.

in the last 9 years a lot off things has chance hard in hardware and software and if the servers in dublin still using the older hardware and software then thats the reason maybe why its so cheap since its old hardware and software there using.