Account cancelled and why

biowareftw

The problem is, there are so many new threads a day saying they are not enjoying the changes and/or the changes are so broken that the person is unsubbing and then there are the same 20 (being very liberal with that estimate) ppl that say the same childish response of, "QQ, cya later baddie". I wonder if those 20 (again, being very liberal) will realize the problem when they are all that's left.

• Replies 124
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Even though I highly doubt that is his intent, it is obviously working... It's quite clear he is passionate about the game and wants it to succeed, and has pretty much done nothing but point out the blatant flaws Bioware need to address if they want to keep him and many many others p[l]aying.

You and all the others trolling this thread can pull the wool over your eyes as much as you like, but the fact is Bioware are once again finding themselves in deep water after another failed attempt at fixing PvP.

Bolster is broken and should never have been released in it's current state. Game balance is broken and should never have gotten through QA...oh that's right, Bioware let their entire QA team go... This game is running on fumes whether you like it or not. They may be topping it up ever so slightly to keep all the sheep happy, but the game will never be running on full again, not even a quarter tank is possible at this point.

Hey if you still enjoy the game and are able to find solace in this example of how not to make an MMO and how not to treat your customers, all the power to you. Unfortunately for me my eyes are open and I'm not willing to bend over for Bioware any longer. I've been taken for a ride for the last time and from this day fourth my hard earned cash is going to be spent on a game that deserves every penny of it.

Voice of reason, this is. Unsubbed (for the second time). Personally, I decided to come back for 2.0, hoping it would fix a lot of the problems that was existing from 1.4-1.7, mainly memory leaks (this seems better), pvp balance (they broke operative dps in 1.2 because they did single-target burst.. AoE burst? Working as intented), and lots more.. But what really made me decide on unsubbing? Having 2 rollbacks in 2 weeks, every time I lost weeklies that cost me ultimate comms & elite comms for raids. As I have very little spare time, the few weeklies I get done by raiding are in fact quite important for me in regards to progression in this game. Progressing and then getting your rewards taken from you twice in a row is just not cool.

PvP.. It seems wrong to me at the moment. TTK has gone down by loads (had a CW where both teams kept 3-capping, because both teams kept getting wiped out), unless of course you have support-classes that actually, y'know, know how to play their class. A terrible player is a terrible player, regardless of his class/spec/role. Think I've done 5-6 warzones at level 55 since 2.0, give or take. Without a premade of the correct supportroles, I dont see it beeing fun. At all.

And to those of you that are telling him to **** and you dont care about him leaving:

Bftw is a very big part of the vocal minority. His tone might be a tad to crass at times, but his points are -always- right on the money. He's imo a huge loss to the community, as there is nobody else I've seen posting around here with the same amount of passion that he holds for this game.

Good luck in WoW!

I see it a lot in game and by what people say on the forums....people don't bind the interrupt button your problems against healers would be so much less if you binded the interrupt button. Get a puller in your group to bring the healer to you use you stuns slows and interrupts its a tactical game not mash attack buttons.

There are 4 stages to pvp in this game

1. Learn your attack rotation

2. Learn your defenses rotation

3. Learn how to tactically control your enemies offensive and defensive capabilities (1 on 1)

4. Learn how to tactically control the enemies groups offensive and defensive capabilities[/QUote]

any good op or scoundrel healer won't be casting their big heal much at all and thus goodluck interrupting them when they have high mobility and many instant heals. Oh and did I mention that they can also cleanse everyone's dots aside from balance sage and shadows. Good luck killing them if you are a dot dependent spec like annihilation marauder with no counter to their cleansing. If you are a lethality sniper than they can just cleanse once, and dodge to get rid of the weaker dots at the same time. Whenever I play heals I feel pretty damn unkillable unless i let a few smash monkeys leap to me and smash me at the same time. The OP really makes some good points.

Anyways this is my last post on this forum.

Don't let the door hit you on the way out. Good riddance.

Yeah, this game has some problems but it's getting better and better. Sure, the kinks from 2.0 haven't been worked out but that's to be expected. I'm having a blast each night playing PvP, especially Huttball. If you don't like the game, quit. But your unconstructive negativity is unneeded and unwelcome.

As much as I disliked for the biowareftw aggressive attitude towards Snipers during PTS 2.0, i can see the logic in some of his arguments in his original post. Personally I think the best attitude we should have, as a community, is to not really care about SWTOR, just play it and try to squeeze whatever fun is left from it then just move to something else unless developers come up with new ways for us to experience fun. Edited by NoTomorrow

As much as I disliked for the biowareftw aggressive attitude towards Snipers during PTS 2.0, i can see the logic in some of his arguments in his original post. Personally I think the best attitude we should have, as a community, is to not really care about SWTOR, just play it and try to squeeze whatever fun is left from it then just move to something else unless developers come up with new ways for us to experience fun.

why is it that I can't shake all these terrifying images of the Indiana Jones South Park episode from my mind's eye while reading that last sentence? :eek:

Ignoring the crap and not saying anything will make the devs think all is well, not that they listen to their paying customers anyway.

Plenty of chances to give feedback and it's better from those who want to improve the game than those so want to take their marbles and go home.

We have given feedback, we started while it was in testing, they ignored us. We are still giving feedback, only difference is now, we have lost patience with not getting any feedback from our feedback.

As much as I disliked for the biowareftw aggressive attitude towards Snipers during PTS 2.0, i can see the logic in some of his arguments in his original post. Personally I think the best attitude we should have, as a community, is to not really care about SWTOR, just play it and try to squeeze whatever fun is left from it then just move to something else unless developers come up with new ways for us to experience fun.

This is the weirdest thread ever. I find myself actually agreeing with both yourself AND Biowareftw. I'm pretty sure the world itself will soon collapse in some universe shattering paradox.

I came here with a reasonably sized guild from LotRO and Rift. Every single other person from the guild (to the best of my knowledge) is either back in their original game, or moved on to Perfect World, of all things!

So I only play nowadays because I have RL friends who keep the game entertaining. Playing a 2 commando + 2 vanguard group through the levelling process, picking conversation options purely for comedic value rewards you with priceless moments and is hugely entertaining. There is still fun to be had in the game if you look for it, but it's not at end game, where you really need it to be to keep customers in game in the long term.

Once we've seen most of the voiced content, us same 4 people could have at least as much fun on Minecraft as we could get out of SWTOR. Makes me a little mournful that there aren't more of the private UO servers still around.

Exactly as a fellow sniper(main) I agree. The problem is the game currently isnt even fun, its hard to quit especially when youve devoted so much time as i have, I dont even want to imagine whats its like when youve contributed as much as you have. At this point its not even about this guy is wrong or that guy is wrong or whatever. The game is simply not fun at all right now. The game is broken and we cant even get the courtesy of acknowledgment "hey we're fixing this, hey we're fixing that".... just silence. I give up. Good luck to everybody who enjoys the game.

Not sure if my voice will make any difference, but i unsubed couple of days ago too. From pretty much same reasons as OP.

Its like bioware tries to make gearing as hard and annoying as possible, with the slot bound armorings even in bracers and slot bound barrels (i wonder when will we see main hand bound mod/enhancement).

The amount of time it takes to get all gear augmented even with several alts doing the crafting is terrible and its not playing the game. Its not like we have choice of augments either, its mainstat maybe power for some specs only anyway (ok tanks might have it different). Then starting the pvp gear grind for getting kinda lower stats than EWH? Doesnt make any sense. New relics? Why proc relic, its absolutely stupid in pvp, yay i get +800 power if i have 2 relics for 4 gcd's, awesome, what if i just need to run to catch a guy or just cc? Why cant we choose between on use relics, proc relics and passive ones?

Anyway i wont be repeating more of what was said, for me this patch feels like they added more and more time and money sinks thinking it will keep people but nope, it has exactly opposite effect on me. I just dont understand why partisan couldnt be new recruit, then conqueror gear and no bolster at 55. No augments would be lovely, but thats just me.

Oh and PVE? HAHA, my guild did HM Scum and Villainy on seccond try (3 days after release), didnt make it the first day purerly because of gear and not hitting enrage. The new HM flashpoints we just run through in WH/EWH without CCing or dying, thats some serious content.

For those that say unsub and move on, I want to have fun in this game, i really do, but Bioware is doing everything they can to make it not fun.

Edited by DeAlerT

Today I seen a Guardian drop 1,034,457 dmg, a operative roll to the ball at the beginning of huttball, pass it to another op who ran for a short distance and rolled a few times to score, and 4 healers in one WZ that were close to impossible to kill. The deaths of both teams combined during that WZ was around 6-7.. People are still doing damage while half naked...Something is wrong here..

I am glad Operatives are more useful in Huttbal now, but their Scamper/roll needs to have a decent cooldown. It used to be quite an even fight to get to the ball first now its not even a question who it will be. Even if four rolls does expend all of the Op's energy by that time he/she is not even 5-10ft away from the endzone. Besides if you're playing Huttball right you don't need energy roll/pass/score repeat.

Last time I checked Guardians were supposed to be dmg reducers I don't know how its possible for them to do that much damage!?! Can anyone explain?

All of this combined with the fact that some pve gear is better than some conq. gear is redic..Spending all this time grinding out pvp gear is pointless I really don't know why I still do it.Not to mention the fact that conq/fire gear are identical with slightly different colors is just lazy!

I'll still be PvPing everday and I don't plan on unsubbing yet, but PvP has taken a turn for the worse and I am encountering these types of situations more frequently and its just taking the fun out of it. I love this game, it has such great potential, it really sucks to see things like this happening. With all the love I have for this game if things continue down this path or these problems are ignored I don't know how long I will be able to hang in there.

I really don't understand why so many complaints. There have been issues with bolster but they have been resolved fairly quickly. There are still some issues, but it's up to you whether to exploit them or not. The majority of good players do not and still win 90% of their matches, imagine how bad this is if you are in the losers end and have exploited everything you can. Regarding class balance the classes are much closer than before and there are some cool abilities to all of them. To fully evaluate this balance we have to wait a bit longer until we are all min/max and see what happens. However, as it is now the competitive matches against some guilds are still the same fun and competitive.

As a last remark if you in Red Eclipse please send me your excess creds as you will not be needing them. Thanks in advance.

They used to call me Mr.PvP seriously... guildies would call to raid but PvP was the hot girl pre 2.0... but I haven't set foot in but one PvP match since 2.0 went live.

Why?

1.) the XP for 15 minutes was too low compared to PvE which has the bonus of gathering mats. Oh yea and the Makeb storyline was nice too!

2.) Too much fun PvE and crafting. 3-55's 1-51 1-50 every crafting skill but artifice @ 400 and 4 crafters @ 450. Augments are not a problem for me. No time for PvP at the moment.

Obviously PvP regardless of the many pet peeves with it, kept me coming back. Hopefully I'll be getting back in there soon despite the 2.0 PvP gear having been lowered in Tier compared to 2.0 PvE.

Maybe the top issues presently with 2.0 PvP will have been smoothed out a bit, I couldn't tell you what they are firsthand. Reading the PvP forum section though has made me glad to be away from it, and these pVp forums...

As far as having to grind comms out again that is just part of it, I accept it, as it is interesting like building a new competition vehicle or something cause the old one got wrecked. :)

Have fun miss ya a little atm but not too much. ;)

really? I thought he started a thread about 2.0 bolster being good. iunno. maybe it wasn't him.

Yes in theory it's good, it's brilliant actually, in theory. Unfortunately in the real world it is broken beyond belief. I was defending bolster myself in threads after 2.0 as we were all led to believe it was going to be fixed... However we were lied to and that fix never came... And once again we are left with that deafening silence that turned so many players away after 1.2.

I have come to the conclusion that Bioware know they cannot fix this crappy game engine, and the silence is a way to get rid of all the customers who won't stand for this kind of crap. That way they can just do what they want at the expense of the remaining sheeple to maximise their profits.

Shame really, this game had so much potential and even with this crappy game engine, it could have been a huge success if it had the right team behind it.

Edited by Sweeet

/agree with the OP.

/signed and cancelled.

They need to expand the hell out of their PVP team.

My sub expires in 10 days. I have two toons almost done with Makeb, so I will be finished by then, and ready to play other games. At this point, in my opinion, PVP needs more attention and more intense internal testing from devs. Bolster has failed five times in a row (4 hotfixes plus the original failure itself). They need to hire players who PVP in SWTOR themselves to be devs.

As someone who strictly does PVP in SWTOR, I can tell you within 5 seconds if bolster is still broken after a patch. We need devs who can do the same, at minimum. Honestly, if I am going to play a game that doesn't have PVP progression, it's going to be GW2, because that was at least their initial design intent.

Bioware, if you need time to figure things out, or some major suggestion to un-sink your battleship, it's three things:

#1 Issue an apology or statement.

#2 Revert Bolster to 1.7 levels, or simply remove it entirely.

#3 Add level 55 recruit gear.

/problem solved.

Edited by Darth_Vampirius