Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer
×

Thana Vesh as a companion


Callaron's Avatar


Callaron
06.05.2015 , 01:21 PM | #441
Quote: Originally Posted by krakadyla View Post
I don't think people want to kill them for the same reason, namely being a colossally annoying, toddler-tantrum throwing brat with self-importance inflated to levels of average temperature of Tattooine and IQ never reaching the average temperature of Hoth. It's just that Rep players get to kill half a Dark Council + Malgus, when Imps only land one nobody Jedi Master and so it all feels kind of imbalanced.

And I can never get Thana's fandom. Seriously, how can people like someone so stupid?
Nah, the Empire kills half of the Dark Council themselves. Don't give the pubs too much credit! Hadra, Vengean, Baras, Tormen (optional, but that means he's dead nonetheless), and at least a couple of others were all killed by their own side.

The closest thing that Empire players get to killing Malgus is probably when they originally fight and "kill" Revan.
Thanks for showing us you listen to our feedback, Bioware!
Join the Galactic Referral Army today and see the galaxy! (with a free character transfer and some other shiny Cartel Market unlocks!)
Suggestion for letting us add certain story characters to our Strongholds.

AhsokaTanorules's Avatar


AhsokaTanorules
06.06.2015 , 09:41 AM | #442
Quote: Originally Posted by krakadyla View Post
I don't think people want to kill them for the same reason, namely being a colossally annoying, toddler-tantrum throwing brat with self-importance inflated to levels of average temperature of Tattooine and IQ never reaching the average temperature of Hoth. It's just that Rep players get to kill half a Dark Council + Malgus, when Imps only land one nobody Jedi Master and so it all feels kind of imbalanced.

And I can never get Thana's fandom. Seriously, how can people like someone so stupid?
Ever heard of bronies...or people who actually thought the Lego movie was good?

rashencyberspeed's Avatar


rashencyberspeed
06.07.2015 , 07:13 PM | #443
Quote: Originally Posted by AhsokaTanorules View Post
Ever heard of bronies...or people who actually thought the Lego movie was good?
I'm a brony.

And I thought the Lego Movie was good.

You thinking otherwise just further proves how ignorant you are.

AhsokaTanorules's Avatar


AhsokaTanorules
06.08.2015 , 12:49 AM | #444
Quote: Originally Posted by rashencyberspeed View Post
I'm a brony.

And I thought the Lego Movie was good.

.
I rest my case.

rashencyberspeed's Avatar


rashencyberspeed
06.08.2015 , 10:00 AM | #445
Quote: Originally Posted by AhsokaTanorules View Post
I rest my case.

No. You can't just end it at that.

I'm far from alone. Most people who watch them like them, so you have to give actual reason as to why you think the way you do. As of now, the people who hate Thana have given more reasons to hate her than you have given to hate MLP and the Lego Movie.

AhsokaTanorules's Avatar


AhsokaTanorules
06.08.2015 , 12:52 PM | #446
Quote: Originally Posted by rashencyberspeed View Post
No. You can't just end it at that.

.
I believe I can since you as a grown man just admitted in a public forum of liking those things. About the Lego movie I will say the jokes were so dumb that you would pretty much need to have a learning disability to even laugh at most of the attempts of humor they had in it. Even my 5 year old nephew thought it was dumb. It was a waste of Liam Neeson talent who pretty much did nothing but snarl and grunt and Morgan Freeman pretty much played Gandalf's retarded cousin.

As for Thana I think she would be a far better female companion to a Sith than spineless Jaesa, whiny and hypocritical Ashara, and even a smart aleck like Vette who seems just as out of character with a Sith as Kaliyo would with an agent.

rashencyberspeed's Avatar


rashencyberspeed
06.08.2015 , 04:09 PM | #447
Quote: Originally Posted by AhsokaTanorules View Post
I believe I can since you as a grown man just admitted in a public forum of liking those things.
Those things have fandoms. If you're not even going to TRY to defend your viewpoint, and simply use the fact people like them at all as your point, you'll only succeed in establishing yourself as an arrogant jerk who thinks anyone who disagrees with you is an idiot.

Quote: Originally Posted by AhsokaTanorules View Post
About the Lego movie I will say the jokes were so dumb that you would pretty much need to have a learning disability to even laugh at most of the attempts of humor they had in it.
A "learning disability"? Tell me I misread that. Did you SERIOUSLY just say that someone needs to have a DISABILITY to think differently than you?! I hate Thana, but I've never viewed her fans as anything other than annoying or somewhat ignorant at worst.

Quote: Originally Posted by AhsokaTanorules View Post
Even my 5 year old nephew thought it was dumb. It was a waste of Liam Neeson talent who pretty much did nothing but snarl and grunt and Morgan Freeman pretty much played Gandalf's retarded cousin.
I considered Good Cop/Bad Cop and Vitruvius to be very funny characters. Please, say HOW they are bad. Just giving insults like that doesn't make you look good.

Quote: Originally Posted by AhsokaTanorules View Post
As for Thana I think she would be a far better female companion to a Sith than spineless Jaesa, whiny and hypocritical Ashara, and even a smart aleck like Vette who seems just as out of character with a Sith as Kaliyo would with an agent.
"Spineless" Jaesa? I'm confused. If she's light, maybe you could say that, but dark side Jaesa is far from spineless. As for Ashara, I find it extremely ironic how a user named AhsokaTanoRules hates a character who is obviously meant to be an expy of Ahsoka. As for Vette and Kaliyo, well frankly, them being out of place is probably the entire point. Every class gets at least one, possibly two, companions that contrast with what you'd expect. So to criticize them just for that just shows a sense of narrow-mindedness. Heck, that's an issue with you in general. You're very narrow-minded. Elsewhere, you've expressed hatred for Mako. And when confronted, your reasoning basically boiled down to, "Bounty Hunters in Star Wars are required by law to be murderous psychopaths with no morals whatsoever!" This is especially narrow-minded when one remembers how BioWare loves to defy concepts like that and add shades of gray to conflict.

AhsokaTanorules's Avatar


AhsokaTanorules
06.08.2015 , 04:39 PM | #448
Quote: Originally Posted by rashencyberspeed View Post
I considered Good Cop/Bad Cop and Vitruvius to be very funny characters.
.
Please stop making yourself a bigger idiot than you already are.


Quote: Originally Posted by rashencyberspeed View Post
"Spineless" Jaesa? I'm confused. If she's light, maybe you could say that, but dark side Jaesa is far from spineless.
I actually find DS Jaesa to be even worse since all she does is sycophantically kiss up to your character.

Quote: Originally Posted by rashencyberspeed View Post
As for Ashara, I find it extremely ironic how a user named AhsokaTanoRules hates a character who is obviously meant to be an expy of Ahsoka.
Oh just because they are both Togruta you think they are one and the same. You must be some ignorant racist and bigot irl. I find Ahsoka more comparable to spunky Kira then hypocritical, whiny Ashara.

Quote: Originally Posted by rashencyberspeed View Post
As for Vette and Kaliyo, well frankly, them being out of place is probably the entire point. Every class gets at least one, possibly two, companions that contrast with what you'd expect.
And you still have a problem with Thana and Kaliyo...why?

Quote: Originally Posted by rashencyberspeed View Post
So to criticize them just for that just shows a sense of narrow-mindedness. Heck, that's an issue with you in general. You're very narrow-minded. Elsewhere, you've expressed hatred for Mako. And when confronted, your reasoning basically boiled down to, "Bounty Hunters in Star Wars are required by law to be murderous psychopaths with no morals whatsoever!" This is especially narrow-minded when one remembers how BioWare loves to defy concepts like that and add shades of gray to conflict.
Guess you don't watch Star Wars at all. Are you the one that made that weak attempt at defending Boba Fett. I saw nothing moral about the character. Even Asajj ventress showed more compassion for the marks he and his flunkies went after then he did.

rashencyberspeed's Avatar


rashencyberspeed
06.08.2015 , 05:41 PM | #449
Quote: Originally Posted by AhsokaTanorules View Post
Please stop making yourself a bigger idiot than you already are.
Yeah, I'M the idiot. The guy who thinks it takes more than a simple "this movie sucks" to form valid reasons is a bigger idiot than the person who thinks that a person needs some kind of disability to like something they don't.

Yeah... sure.

But heck, you know what? I'll stop. Not because I think you're right (because in truth you couldn't be more wrong), but because I know better than to derail threads with topics unrelated to what the forum's main topic is.

Quote: Originally Posted by AhsokaTanorules View Post
I actually find DS Jaesa to be even worse since all she does is sycophantically kiss up to your character.
Well, if you ask me, Thana proves that going to the opposite extreme is no better. Heck, I'd think it'd be worse, since an important component of companions is to have them go along with what the player does, even if said companion won't agree.

Quote: Originally Posted by AhsokaTanorules View Post
Oh just because they are both Togruta you think they are one and the same. You must be some ignorant racist and bigot irl. I find Ahsoka more comparable to spunky Kira then hypocritical, whiny Ashara.
No. If just being Togruta was what it took, it would make Ashara a Shaak Ti expy, not an Ahsoka expy. And also the term "expy" doesn't mean they are exactly the same. There are differences. However... a Torgruta Jedi who tries to follow the light, but isn't a perfect paragon of good, and questions the way Jedi do things (Ashara DOES do that if you follow her companions quests through to the end)... yeah, I'm sorry, but it is VERY obvious whom BioWare got their inspiration from.

Quote: Originally Posted by AhsokaTanorules View Post
And you still have a problem with Thana and Kaliyo...why?
I don't have a problem with Kaliyo. She's actually my second-favorite Agent companion. (My overall favorite is Lokin.) And my problem with Thana isn't that she contrasts with sith. In fact, it's almost the opposite. I hate Thana because she takes every bad trait of the Sith and amplifies them to an even more unlikable extreme. She ultimately ends as a caricature of what a 5-year-old thinks Sith are like. Ultimately she represents every negative quality of the Sith while possessing none of the qualities that would Sith admirable. Darth Jadus is admirable for being smart and cunning, Darth Marr is admirable for being pragmatic, and the player Sith are admirable (at the very least) being skilled and competent fighters. Thana is as dumb as a post, has no concept of what would be the best course of action, and gets her *** handed to her by just about every opponent she fights without the player's help.

Quote: Originally Posted by AhsokaTanorules View Post
Guess you don't watch Star Wars at all. Are you the one that made that weak attempt at defending Boba Fett. I saw nothing moral about the character. Even Asajj ventress showed more compassion for the marks he and his flunkies went after then he did.
That proves that YOU are the one who doesn't know Star Wars. Or at least nothing beyond what is shown in the films. (And regardless, it also doesn't change how BioWare loves adding shades of gray and loves defying the idea of black-and-white morality.) If you actually took the time to research Boba's story throughout the expanded universe, you would learn he does have morals. According to what I've read on Wookieepedia, he only took bounties that adhered to his own beliefs and idea of justice, and believed in clean, quick, kills (rather than anything elaborate and painful). He also sided with the Empire because he viewed the rebels as bringing chaos and strife to an orderly galaxy.

Also of note is the attack on the Endurance during the Clone Wars. Boba didn't wish any harm upon the crew, only really being concerned with Mace Windu. He also seemed to feel some attachment to his clone brethren, since he made friends with one, and in the end only left some clone cadets to die because Aurra Sing insisted on it. (And he felt guilt afterwards.) Finally, in many post-Return of the Jedi books, he serves as an ally to the protagonists and thus essentially serves as a good guy. You insisting that he was pure evil shows that either you don't do research, have black-and-white insanity, or just aren't as knowledgeable as you think you are.

Btw, I hope you aren't planning to play the "Legends" card to denounce my points about Boba. Because first of all, it wouldn't push aside the humanity he showed during The Clone Wars, which was kept in canon. Second of all, it would require acknowledging the existence of a canon Mandolorian who is unquestionably good.

AhsokaTanorules's Avatar


AhsokaTanorules
06.08.2015 , 07:20 PM | #450
Quote: Originally Posted by rashencyberspeed View Post
Yeah, I'M the idiot. The guy who thinks it takes more than a simple "this movie sucks" to form valid reasons is a bigger idiot than the person who thinks that a person needs some kind of disability to like something they don't.

Yeah... sure.

But heck, you know what? I'll stop. Not because I think you're right (because in truth you couldn't be more wrong), but because I know better than to derail threads with topics unrelated to what the forum's main topic is.
I did actually list reasons from the jokes being all infantile to Morgan Freeman and Liam Neeson's chaarcters being more reidiculously stupid and one dimensional than Thana could ever hope to be but I guess you decided to play the selective memory card, conveniently forget about it and post more useless drivel like a broken record.

Quote: Originally Posted by rashencyberspeed View Post
Well, if you ask me, Thana proves that going to the opposite extreme is no better. Heck, I'd think it'd be worse, since an important component of companions is to have them go along with what the player does, even if said companion won't agree.
Oh is that what Malavai Quinn does when he
Spoiler
...or Kaliyo when she tries to
Spoiler
.....or Gault and Skadge when
Spoiler
And I am sure if Thana was a companion they would pretty much have her go along with your character just like Treek and HK.



Quote: Originally Posted by rashencyberspeed View Post
No. If just being Togruta was what it took, it would make Ashara a Shaak Ti expy, not an Ahsoka expy. And also the term "expy" doesn't mean they are exactly the same. There are differences. However... a Torgruta Jedi who tries to follow the light, but isn't a perfect paragon of good, and questions the way Jedi do things (Ashara DOES do that if you follow her companions quests through to the end)... yeah, I'm sorry, but it is VERY obvious whom BioWare got their inspiration from.
How presumptuous of you. Link to Bioware behind the scenes mof the making of Ashara Zhavros or you are just grasping at straws...as always.



Quote: Originally Posted by rashencyberspeed View Post
) And my problem with Thana isn't that she contrasts with sith. In fact, it's almost the opposite. I hate Thana because she takes every bad trait of the Sith and amplifies them to an even more unlikable extreme. She ultimately ends as a caricature of what a 5-year-old thinks Sith are like. Ultimately she represents every negative quality of the Sith while possessing none of the qualities that would Sith admirable. Darth Jadus is admirable for being smart and cunning, Darth Marr is admirable for being pragmatic, and the player Sith are admirable (at the very least) being skilled and competent fighters. Thana is as dumb as a post, has no concept of what would be the best course of action, and gets her *** handed to her by just about every opponent she fights without the player's help.
Sounds to me you are merely a Sith fanboy who can't accept the fact that the Sith are portrayed as suicidally self destructive as they actually are. I mean we all know this version fo the Sith Empire does go in the crapper sooner or later and this is merely proof why. And her idea of setting the rakgghouls on your character in the factory probably would have worked but Bioware can't have the player just die. And for the 100th time, they had to have Thana "job" beause they want the player to be the hero and kill everyone. Orgus Din is supposed to be a powerful jedi master in the JK storyline but pretty much jobs to anything significant you run into from
Spoiler
. Does this make him incompetent?



Quote: Originally Posted by rashencyberspeed View Post
Finally, in many post-Return of the Jedi books, he serves as an ally to the protagonists and thus essentially serves as a good guy. You insisting that he was pure evil shows that either you don't do research, have black-and-white insanity, or just aren't as knowledgeable as you think you are.

Btw, I hope you aren't planning to play the "Legends" card to denounce my points about Boba. Because first of all, it wouldn't push aside the humanity he showed during The Clone Wars, which was kept in canon. Second of all, it would require acknowledging the existence of a canon Mandolorian who is unquestionably good.
This far from makes Boba an LS character and I still don't see him buddying up with someone like Mako. From what I understand he still tried to kill Han and Chewie after escaping from the Sarlacc. Of course none of that is canon now and Disney might very well leave him as dead anyway. Feeling sorry for who he let die would still count as DS points if this was SWTOR game mode so yes, someone like Mako doesn't belong in a BH story. Cad Bane and Aurra Sing would have probably shot her to pieces and then let that Klatooinian eat her remains.