Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

This staggered release is not fair at all.

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion
This staggered release is not fair at all.

Sith_Sorcerer
12.13.2011 , 08:11 AM | #21
seriously do you actually think that BW are staggering access to be fair?

they are staggering so that the launch goes smooth and the servers dont melt,

which would result in even more whining little brats than already is
Veteran of ---> UO-EQ-DAOC(excal)-WOW-WAR-AION-SWTOR

Darth_Rahlik
12.13.2011 , 08:11 AM | #22
It was announced when pre-orders where accepted. It's clearly written when you pre-order.

I.e: when you ordered your copy, regardless of when it was, you knew what you were getting yourself into. This is as fair as it can be.

* You know everything when you sign up for it.
* It's on a first-come-first-serve basis.
* They have not changed the rules along the way (apart from going from 5 to 7 days).

It cannot be any more fair than that.
// Anders @ Gothenburg
Please let me map and ctrl+a - Please give us dual spec!
SW:ToR is the best MMO ever and the first that can be played Solo.
For heaven sake! SWTOR native on Mac!!!!

andurielll
12.13.2011 , 08:11 AM | #23
U made me Sigh , go whine somewhere else..

Storik
12.13.2011 , 08:11 AM | #24
What's not fair is that I got into early access in the first wave and got the email at work... Now I have 8 more hours, knowing I could be playing.

neorandomjedi
12.13.2011 , 08:12 AM | #25
i ordered first and a ce, and im still not in but people that ordered months later are in, date of code entry first my ***, theyre letting in the wrong people.
100% killer 100% achiever 100% explorer 100% anti social autistic with ocd
system spec: i7 3.6ghz quad, 12 gigs ddr3 ram, crossfire 6970 2 gig card, 120 gig ssd, 1 TB 7200 rpm storage, o and its a laptop.

Tekkoclarky
12.13.2011 , 08:12 AM | #26
Just lol...

Why didn't you pre-order as soon as it was available?

This is called early access, be glad you are getting some and not having to wait until the 20th. It's a good idea from Bioware to smooth out the launch.

Olarid
12.13.2011 , 08:12 AM | #27
I have to work today!!!

They should not start this at least until I get home!!

Dang noobs

Just think, someone is probably going to buy this game in January and miss out on it totally! Think about them!

XodoK
12.13.2011 , 08:13 AM | #28
Boy was I ever excited to open my inbox this morning and find the notification of the Early Access acceptance there. As awesome as it may be I remembered that it's Tuesday today, I have the whole work week ahead of me. Plus, with my wife working nights Mon-Thu I am usually on kid duty in the evenings. It's not fair that I can't play all this time!
Flygirl Sonata Hakari - Operative Medic - Grand Master Zym

Hypernetic
12.13.2011 , 08:13 AM | #29
It's completely fair.

The only problem I have with it is is that it alienates friends/guild mates from each other.

For example a bunch of my friends are in already, whereas I doubt I will get in at all today. Obviously they aren't going to wait for me, and I don't expect them to, but it really sucks that we will all be staggered in levels until 50. Some of us may even end up leveling alone completely.

I don't think there is really a better way to do early access if it has to be in waves though, so whatever. Allowing everyone in at once probably would have been fine considering a lot of people may be at work or school or whatever.

Oh well. Hopefully I will get in around the same time as someone I know.

Bronz
12.13.2011 , 08:13 AM | #30
lol i can picture the OP rolling around on the floor in the supermarket like a toddler...

I preordered on sept 1st but i sure as hell dont blame BW its my own silly fault for not preordering first day.

I see the sense of entitlement on trhe boards is as strong as ever
{▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀)█╬╬╬╬╬╬[█) Rhaegal Sith Marauder