Best class for beginners.

Neptune

State your best opinion for class with your honest opinion or experience preferably. This is important for newbies that wanted to know.

I think Smuggler is a good beginners class.

Also if you wish to answer more truthfully. Please go to Hardest class to play. and answer there with your honest opinion or experience.

Edited by Neptune

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The Smuggler is complicated by the Stealth mechanic, so it's not hte best class for a beginner.

The best class for a beginner in my view is the Trooper/Commando/Gunnery build.

You have ranged attacks which are easier to pull off, and heavy armor for protection. You also get a heal to help you in tough situations.

Your Companions can be healers, Tanks or DPS and you will still do very well in Open World PVE content.

So either the Trooper or its mirror in the Empire: The Bounty Hunter for an easy beginner class.:hope_06:

Any of the force using melee classes.

With them it's pretty much spam a move to build up force power/rage then use a finisher to dump it.

This, not even just melee but any force user. The tiered regen of the non-force using classes is the antithesis of newbie friendly.

Not Shadow/Assassin tanks, though. I hear those are pretty complex to pull off.

I'm still leaning DPS Commando/Mercenary for beginners. You're a DPS with heavy armor and some heals. And if you go BH, you get a healer as your first companion. Yes, tiered regen is a bit complex, but it's no worse than the system Knights/Warriors use for focus/rage points. I suppose Sage/Sorcerer might work, but you'd have to be careful not to go rambo since you're a squishy.

Edited by JakeLightbearer

Having rolled a Gunnery Commando during the beta, I'd question its idiotproof-ness given how useless Aric is as a companion.

I'd say Consular/Inquisitor works rather well for beginners. The rotation is fairly smooth out of the box and, more importantly, you get a tank as your first companion. Throw in the fact that you get the ability to heal your tanking companion as a privilege of taking the class even if you don't spec into Seer/Corruption, and you've got a winner that'll take you at least as far as the first world beyond Coruscant/Dormund Kaas.

I hesitate to call it idiotproof, though, because even smart folks are capable of getting ahead of their tanking companion in aggro generation by insisting on initiating pulls themselves.

I'd say the Maurrauder (or jedi variant cant think of name atm) is best for beginner because its simple and all it can do is damage and once you get a good idea of how to play the game and make some good friends who are willing to help you, you can re-roll what ever you want and get assistance.

'Easiest for Beginners' means more than just having an easy play style. The best class for beginners should be the class that has the easiest time defeating the tougher encounters.

Anyone who says this is marauder/sentinel just hasn't done their research.

My vote is Commando/Merc as someone else said. This class steamrolls content atm, has heals, wears heavy armor.

Sith Inquisitor, Sorcerer(Or Consular Sage).

How to do well with an SI Sorc:

Step 1.

Sit there and spam lightning.

Step 2.

Profit.

Step 3. Get mauled on, continue to try spamming lightning.

Step 4. Dead.

Me, i'd have to go with trooper/commando/gunnery.

Edited by Felghast

The best class for a beginner in my view is the Trooper/Commando/Gunnery build.

Disagree. Trooper/Bounty Hunter have the most complicated resource system. You can completely gimp yourself in long encounters if you don't manage your ammo/heat properly. The way the regen works is VERY punishing if you make a mistake or go too hard too fast. I actually expect regen at low ammo/high heat levels to be buffed, because it is FAR too punishing right now.

Best class for beginners is IMO Bounty Hunter either AC (preferably Powertech the tanky DPS build IMO) due to Mako healing companion FTW.

This means that once you got her which is early on your far safer than any of the other classes IMO, as when you get in to trouble she will keep you standing long after any of the other class eat dirt (sure Sorc and Sage get heals & a tank companion but it harder to juggle heals & Damage remember we are talking noob friendly here).

Class i don't recommend is Jedi Knight as on my Knight I face planted far to easily (dunno why was fine with other the other classes).

I'd say the Maurrauder (or jedi variant cant think of name atm) is best for beginner because its simple and all it can do is damage and once you get a good idea of how to play the game and make some good friends who are willing to help you, you can re-roll what ever you want and get assistance.

********. The Sentinels/Marauders have a tight priority rotation and need to take 2 resource mechanics into account. The plethora of stances can also be confusing for newbies.

The easiest classes in MMO's are always Ranged DPS classes.

I think bounty hunter is the best for someone learning.

the abilties all through hutta are very straight forward, and extremely effective.. ranged combat is generally easier to play in these mmo's then melee combat.

your first companion is Mako, who is more then happy to just keep healing you :)

Mercenary Arsenal spec.

There's no contest. Not even its mirror compares because they get a LOT more Credits while leveling up than other classes.(I always send my companions away to do crew skill stuff. On most of the classes I played, I frequently went broke. On my Bounty Hunter, I had enough profit WHILE consistently sending my companions away to get my mount by 25.)

It's easy to use, has heavy armor, long range, great DPS and a great resource system to boot. Its biggest weakness is that it lacks control and it is easy to get carried away and let your resources fall quickly.

If you let your heat get too high then your DPS will sharply drop for about 10 seconds so for longer fights you have to pace yourself.

I think bounty hunter is the best for someone learning.

the abilties all through hutta are very straight forward, and extremely effective.. ranged combat is generally easier to play in these mmo's then melee combat.

your first companion is Mako, who is more then happy to just keep healing you :)

Personally, I never kept Mako around to do that. I always just had her doing crew skills stuff while I fought by myself. Which I highly recommend doing, at least up to the level that I am right now(30) because it gives you good experience, the fights are fun and it gets you crew skills.

Edited by VioletZero