Lana decoration

serenitty

So I just went to my SH with my Jedi who has done everything but the Traitor among the Chiss. The Lana comp deco is a hologram yet I don't have her out as my active comp.

I am led to believe companion decos are usually only holograms if you have them out as active comps, do not have them as your comp or if they are dead.

Is this a foreshadowing of Lana's fate? Or a bug?

It is the other way around - all companions will appear as holograms unless you have them as your current active companion.

This is wrong. They will be "solid" if they are in your roster as selectABLE AND they are not selectED.

Otherwise they will be holograms.

So on Kylath, my Commando-girl main, who has done everything in the main story sequence (class story, Ilum, Makeb, Oricon except the Ops, all the SoR bits, KotFE, KotET, WoI, CoU, TAtC) and recruited almost all the possible story or alert companions (Kylath killed two, and plot devices killed three others), I see the following pattern:

* Aric, Yuun, and M1-4X are solid.

* Tanno Vik is a hologram because he refused to join the Alliance.

* Elara Dorne is a hologram because Kylath blew the Spire in Chapter X AND didn't save the reactor in Chapter III.

* In normal conditions, Lana is a hologram because she and Kylath are an item so they go everywhere together.

* SCORPIO, Vette, Dramath, Skadge, and Acina are holograms because they are dead.

* Theron is a hologram because ... well, we all know why and if we don't, I'm not going to explain here.

* Koth is a hologram because he declined the invitation to rejoin the Alliance.

* EDIT: non-returned companions of other classes are holograms.

* Everyone else is solid because they are all selectable-but-not-selected.

The OP's problem is that there are conditions where your previously active companion can be demoted to the non-summonable list. My very first character(1) had this problem yesterday with Lana, but doing the Copero story mission intro fixed it, then doing the solo FP broke it again, and doing the post-FP story mission epilogue fixed it again.

Word to the wise: if you are in a situation where you must log out, but an active companion has been "hidden" by one of the many mechanisms for that, AND a patch is known to be coming up, summon the companion before you log out, or they might end up on the non-summonable list.

(1) My shadow, originally a Consular called Kylarina, then a shadow, then called Lyuze, but now called Kylarina Lyuze, the one who took three years of elapsed real-world time (March 2013 to March 2016) to finish her class story.

Edited by SteveTheCynic

This is wrong. They will be "solid" if they are in your roster as selectABLE AND they are not selectED.

Otherwise they will be holograms.

So on Kylath, my Commando-girl main, who has done everything in the main story sequence (class story, Ilum, Makeb, Oricon except the Ops, all the SoR bits, KotFE, KotET, WoI, CoU, TAtC) and recruited almost all the possible story or alert companions (Kylath killed two, and plot devices killed three others), I see the following pattern:

* Aric, Yuun, and M1-4X are solid.

* Tanno Vik is a hologram because he refused to join the Alliance.

* Elara Dorne is a hologram because Kylath blew the Spire in Chapter X AND didn't save the reactor in Chapter III.

* In normal conditions, Lana is a hologram because she and Kylath are an item so they go everywhere together.

* SCORPIO, Vette, Dramath, Skadge, and Acina are holograms because they are dead.

* Theron is a hologram because ... well, we all know why and if we don't, I'm not going to explain here.

* Koth is a hologram because he declined the invitation to rejoin the Alliance.

* EDIT: non-returned companions of other classes are holograms.

* Everyone else is solid because they are all selectable-but-not-selected.

The OP's problem is that there are conditions where your previously active companion can be demoted to the non-summonable list. My very first character(1) had this problem yesterday with Lana, but doing the Copero story mission intro fixed it, then doing the solo FP broke it again, and doing the post-FP story mission epilogue fixed it again.

Word to the wise: if you are in a situation where you must log out, but an active companion has been "hidden" by one of the many mechanisms for that, AND a patch is known to be coming up, summon the companion before you log out, or they might end up on the non-summonable list.

(1) My shadow, originally a Consular called Kylarina, then a shadow, then called Lyuze, but now called Kylarina Lyuze, the one who took three years of elapsed real-world time (March 2013 to March 2016) to finish her class story.

Ah this was it thanks, I saw she's not in the roster but in main characters under contacts.