Intended? Not everything in Collections is 50% off. Some is still full price ... ?

Seelvir

The thread title is my question. Am I missing something? Some of the things I really wanted to unlock at 50% cost for my legacy are ... naturally ... not on sale. A bug? EA moneygrab? Get you to unlock a bunch of things and then ... HAH! Sorry! Not that one! But ... oooo ... you've unlocked so many things today ... oooo ... you WANT to unlock this thing at full price ... ahahahahaa all the way to the bank.

:rolleyes:

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

ONE WEEK ONLY: Tuesday, November 21 - Tuesday, November 28 – Get 50% Off All Collections

Purchase a wide variety of Collections Account Unlocks at 50% off and enjoy the ability for all characters on your account to claim copies of items you’ve purchased in the Cartel Market!

It certainly is misleading. In one sentence it says 50% off all collections. And the next sentence it says a wide variety at 50% off. Who wants to take bets they edit out the All in the first sentence?

The thread title is my question. Am I missing something? Some of the things I really wanted to unlock at 50% cost for my legacy are ... naturally ... not on sale. A bug? EA moneygrab? Get you to unlock a bunch of things and then ... HAH! Sorry! Not that one! But ... oooo ... you've unlocked so many things today ... oooo ... you WANT to unlock this thing at full price ... ahahahahaa all the way to the bank.

:rolleyes:

I can’t find anything to say things are half price. Where did you find out abou this?

The last time they had such a big 50% unlock discount, there were also several items without a discount.

Back then, I was quite sure they just have a very messy database and missed some items.

This time, I am quite sure they they just have a very messy database and missed some items.

;)

CM Pet: Model Experimental Sandcrawler

It's a Bronze item with a Silver Collections unlock cost, and the unlock cost never drops by 50% during these sales.

Originally, it was from the Nightlife Packs, which were originally an rather unique set of packs ONLY acvailable DURING the Nar Shadaa Nightlife Csasino Event ...

• Dev Post

Hey folks,

The items you have listed in this thread are in the process of being corrected and should be done in about an hour. Please continue to report any incorrect prices in this thread, the team will be monitoring here for those reports.

Thanks!

-eric

Hey folks,

The items you have listed in this thread are in the process of being corrected and should be done in about an hour. Please continue to report any incorrect prices in this thread, the team will be monitoring here for those reports.

Thanks!

-eric

Why are you relying on players to do your QA for you?

You only make it worse for the studio with this sloppiness as now you are going to have all kinds of tickets opened demanding a refund because you changed the price after a sale was made....... on a sale event you claimed was for all items.

This problem happens every time the studio does a sale on unlocks. It's absurd how bad the studio QA is for simple things like this. And this sloppiness just gives the players more ammunition to claim the studio is dishonest, or predatory, or <insert favorite accusation against the studio here>.

now you are going to have all kinds of tickets opened demanding a refund because you changed the price after a sale was made....... on a sale event you claimed was for all items.

Sure, anyone who bought at full price would be entitled to submit a ticket and get a refund. But the more rational course of action would be to mention the bug, wait for it to get fixed, and then buy at the correct price. After I saw the item I wanted mentioned as bugged, I waited and it did get fixed. I'm sure I'm not the only one.

Things fall through the cracks sometimes; it's normal.

Edited by Estelindis

You only make it worse for the studio with this sloppiness as now you are going to have all kinds of tickets opened demanding a refund because you changed the price after a sale was made....... on a sale event you claimed was for all items.

This problem happens every time the studio does a sale on unlocks. It's absurd how bad the studio QA is for simple things like this. And this sloppiness just gives the players more ammunition to claim the studio is dishonest, or predatory, or <insert favorite accusation against the studio here>.

You react to weirdest stuff at times...

This is a minor issue at best...and one they jumped on correcting right away.

Sure, anyone who bought at full price would be entitled to submit a ticket and get a refund. But the more rational course of action would be to mention the bug, wait for it to get fixed, and then buy at the correct price. After I saw the item I wanted mentioned as bugged, I waited and it did get fixed. I'm sure I'm not the only one.

Things fall through the cracks sometimes; it's normal.

Well, as I mentioned a bunch of comments ago, I'd assumed that the ones I encountered were meant to not be on sale, and so I got one for 400 instead of 200 because I didn't realize it was a bug.

Having said that, I think sending a ticket over 200 coins feels like too much work for the possible gain, so I will just shrug and move on. :p

This is a normal thing to happen for almost any company. Things get missed for various reasons. The important thing is that they listened and took quick action to correct the oversights.

This is a normal thing to happen for almost any company. Things get missed for various reasons. The important thing is that they listened and took quick action to correct the oversights.

I agree with you that things like this do happen. Humans are involved and humans excel at making mistakes as much as they excel at being clever.

It is however NOT "normal" to keep repeating the same basic QA mistakes every single time you run a Collections unlock sale. Some of the items missed for discount in 2017......... also were not discounted in the 2016 sale either. That's just a lack of care and attention to detail on the same thing.....over and over again.

Project Management 101: mistakes happen....... HOWEVER ----> learn from your mistakes and take steps to not repeat them again.

IMO, the Austin team lacks any sense of QA discipline as a professional practice and because of this.... keep making the same mistakes over and over gain. And I'm not talking about strategic mistakes in direction of the state of the game here... I am talking about basic day to day nuts and bolts coding aspects that any game studio should really have a handle on.... especially as this is the 3rd or 4th year of Collections sales now.. and this problem comes up every single freaking time. While I agree it is a small issue if you look at it in isolation..... if you look at it in context..... every time they have a Collections sale, some percentage of the items will fail to list at the discount and it can and will include repeat mistakes in discounting from prior years.

And while I see the logic in Eric responding to this thread and also asking for players to list items missing a discount..... I find it absurd that the QA driving element for addressing this has been declared to be ---> "please list anything you find not on discount, the developers will be checking this thread to get said information so they can work on fixing it". Really? {Would you like the players to deliver donuts to the studio too... because the developers get hungry??} Not to mention.. Erics post comes in just hours before the studio leaves for the long holiday weekend. By the time they get back... the sale will be over... so I really do not see them fixing the items lacking discount unless they had it on a fix list by early this afternoon.

Edited by Andryah