Darth Plagueis - Novel.

Brutanic

i read it in it's whole form.

Click to be spoiled about what is a heavy theme of the book....

Basically if you hate midichlorians you'll hate alot of this book as Darth Plagueis constantly talks about them. I found the whole topic to be insightful but of course i don't hate the idea of midichlorians like most fanboys do.

It's a great read on not just him, but the upbringing of palpatine and how he was shaped from Plagueis own views.

I find it funny that Plagueius sought both the secret to Midichlorians to make a GOD BODY but Sidous found the secret to MAKE a GOD SOUL, each afraid of the ramifications of each other's powers.

I foresee countless debates now about whats more important a strong ETHEREAL FORCE form or a strong physical force form as the book undertones this conflict and debate as the polar force of the JEDI/SITH. No matter how powerful one becomes in the force, his body is still limited to what it can do with said power, yet no matter the strength of the body to sustain the force power, with any power itself it has no meaning.

From what I understand, the book doesn't really have much to do with Darth Plagueis, but rather it's 95% Darth Sidious. For this reason, I'm waiting on it until I finish my current series, but from early reviews it's supposed to be a good read.

From what I understand, the book doesn't really have much to do with Darth Plagueis, but rather it's 95% Darth Sidious. For this reason, I'm waiting on it until I finish my current series, but from early reviews it's supposed to be a good read.

From what I've read of it, it's just the opposite. Sidious was in the prologue and that's it. I'm only about 4 chapters in, but given the size of the Revan book, I'm assuming this one is fairly short as well. I don't know how long it is,because it's on my kindle and every recent star wars book on there seems to be half adds anymore.

it's about 50/50, but it's the looking into sidous that makes one understand Plagueis, because you have to understand the being that will ultimately kill his master from his perspective of how things unfolded.

THe book is an amazing read, Plagueis is the kinda sith lord that is most dangerous, a planner, a manipulator and a thinker, he defeated an entire order of Jedi by using their own beliefs and ensuring that the republic was going away from them.

ALso the book has incredible insight into both the Force of the physical and ethereal and how they each compliment eachother yet also restrict each other.

No it's alot of Plageuis. Most of it is.

It's decent. It's kinda boring at parts because it's ALOT of political talk, which of course I knew would be included.

I was surprised at the amount of focus on Sidious however. Also was quite surprised how far it went, because I thought it would end years before the actual movies.

So is it over then? Can we finally put to bed the whole "killing the master in his sleep" nonsense?..

Well, Palpatine electrocutes him while Plagueis is sleeping, and then rants on about why Plagueis failed and stuff, while Plagueis just stares at him while slowing suffocating as he needs to use respirator, which was destroyed in the first electrocution.

It made me like Palpatine much more, though, as at first I thought he was a disgrace to the Rule of Two by killing his master in his sleep. Now it is much more evident that Plagueis needed to die, and that Palpatine was far more powerful and smart anyway.

Well, Palpatine electrocutes him while Plagueis is sleeping, and then rants on about why Plagueis failed and stuff, while Plagueis just stares at him while slowing suffocating as he needs to use respirator, which was destroyed in the first electrocution.

It made me like Palpatine much more, though, as at first I thought he was a disgrace to the Rule of Two by killing his master in his sleep. Now it is much more evident that Plagueis needed to die, and that Palpatine was far more powerful and smart anyway.

Didn't really need a book to tell you that, but I think a lot of people took the whole "killing his master in his sleep" out of context and so the book cleared that up but ya Palpatine was far more powerful and smart which really is evident by(without reading the book).

1. He found out where his master slept, so already Plagueis failed at hiding and keeping secrets.

2. He couldn't sense his apprentice's intentions, which force sense is a very basic force ability if he couldn't even do that he deserved to die.

Didn't really need a book to tell you that, but I think a lot of people took the whole "killing his master in his sleep" out of context and so the book cleared that up but ya Palpatine was far more powerful and smart which really is evident by(without reading the book).

1. He found out where his master slept, so already Plagueis failed at hiding and keeping secrets.

2. He couldn't sense his apprentice's intentions, which force sense is a very basic force ability if he couldn't even do that he deserved to die.

I suppose, but on the first point, Plagueis actually trained himself not to need sleep. Palpatine and him were sitting down in Plagueis' penthouse, and Palpatine was going over his speech (as the next day he was prepared to become Supreme Chancellor). They were drinking and Palpatine ends up going over the speech so much that Plagueis continues to drink, to the point in which Plagueis just falls asleep. Of course Palaptine finally takes this moment to betray Plagueis (Note how I say betray, as Plagueis says that they both are exempt from the rule of two, as he thinks they will be the ones who finally destroy the Jedi)

But I suppose you are right, I just thought it still was kinda iffy Palpatine just "killed him in his sleep", out of context it sounded very weak.