What is the Significance of your Forum Signature?

Lunafox

I see some interesting signatures on the forum and I wonder what the significance of some of them are. If the symbols or emojis you include have hidden meanings? What is special about your quotes? Who said them?

Most of the time I advertise my fanfiction links. Right now, I'm campaigning for a proper Rishi house to decorate, the link hidden under the 'little pink houses'. I also have my referral link cleverly disguised as Greedo's famous words to Han Solo.

The little Jawas I have, represent Quinnmancers (Red-eyed Jawa) and Theronmancers (Blue-eyed Jawa).

So do you have any interesting meanings in your forum sigs?

Edited by Lunafox

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Had to check what I had in my sig in the first place...

Refer link because I like money.

My statement on why I liked Origin stories better, because originally having 8 class heroes vs now the 1 main Outlander didn't tickle my fancy, since the rest of the 7 heroes apparently just vanished for the 5+ years one of them got carbonized for.

I'm very unoriginal and just listed my current occupation(s) / other characteristics.

I'm very unoriginal and listed all my main servers through the years/merges.

Edited by Kiesu

Random stuff, and I change it now and then. Sometimes I have no sig. lol

Theron fan obviously, the protection agency is because some of the forum order of Zildrog peeps despise Theron, someone's gotta stand up for him there!

Safaia is my character who I am highly attached to and slightly obsessed with.

I see some interesting signatures on the forum and I wonder what the significance of some of them are. If the symbols or emojis you include have hidden meanings? What is special about your quotes? Who said them?

Most of the time I advertise my fanfiction links. Right now, I'm campaigning for a proper Rishi house to decorate, the link hidden under the 'little pink houses'. I also have my referral link cleverly disguised as Greedo's famous words to Han Solo.

The little Jawas I have, represent Quinnmancers (Red-eyed Jawa) and Theronmancers (Blue-eyed Jawa).

So do you have any interesting meanings in your forum sigs?

Nothing out of the ordinary on mine, it is very specific.

Well I have seen some people put in character names so I did the same, but will be removing that as it takes up too much space and hurts die eyes when i post a few times on one page.

There is always the spot for the referal link and of course to show off a bit with achievements :D

Witness41920 is my gamertag in most games.

It stands for Acts 4: 19 - 20

"But Peter and John answered them, 'Whether it is right in the sight of God to listen to you rather than to God, you must judge, for we cannot but speak of what we have seen and heard.'"

Which is what it means to be a witness, hence the full name.

The quote is simply something I've said many times to people who claim they wish the world was a better place and it's simply a principle I try to live by: lead by example, be the change you want to see and be the person you want others to see.

Edited by Valadeus

I honestly pay no attention to sigs and the only reason that I mention my refer link in my own sig, is because I once got a PM from someone who said that he likes my writings and would like to click on my refer link in order to give props, but he didn't know it.

I change mine from time to time... and when I do.. it is most often a quote of someone not in any way involved with the game.. and on a topic that I feel can encourage the reader to drop their stereotypical fixations and actually think outside the little square box many people live in obliviously 7/24.

What I do not do is reveal any personal information, Guild or Guild info, nor my referral link. In my view, personal information has absolutely no business being in the public interent, Guild info is for guild members only (and we don't do open recruiting), and referral links are for people I know and trust who can actually make use of the code. I also never include character names or server names because there are simply too many malcontents who will use said information to try to grief you in game just because they can.

Edited by Andryah

For the longest time I had an honest referral link advertisement. As in, I admitted that I had it there because I liked receiving coins, and did not pretend that whoever clicked it was going to get something interesting.

When I canceled my sub shortly after 5.0, but still had months of it left to campaign for change on these forums, I decided that referral-begging for a game I was going to leave was pointless, so changed it to what it is now, as the extent to which the game could be called or made alt-friendly was my primary concern.

I thought of changing it when I renewed my sub for.. err.. 5.2 or 5.3, but decided to keep it, as it is still a simple way of demonstrating what matters most to me.

I heard the quote and it made me think of forum posters who can't handle people disagreeing them and seeing it as offensive if they did disagree and possibly be the type who just ignore people they get ignored by on occasion or even always. Especially since they tend to be the ones who say "Everything should be talked out." but really don't mean it.

So, I thought it a perfect quote to put in a forum signature.

Then of course, I had to put the name of the person who made the quote, Stephen Fry, British Liberal and member of the Top 20 World Pride Power List. Not to mention I loved him in Bones and V For Vendetta :)

I love seeing all the different answers! :D Keep 'em coming! :)

I change mine from time to time... and when I do.. it is most often a quote of someone not in any way involved with the game.. and on a topic that I feel can encourage the reader to drop their stereotypical fixations and actually think outside the little square box many people live in obliviously 7/24.

What I do not do is reveal any personal information, Guild or Guild info, nor my referral link. In my view, personal information has absolutely no business being in the public interent, Guild info is for guild members only (and we don't do open recruiting), and referral links are for people I know and trust who can actually make use of the code. I also never include character names or server names because there are simply too many malcontents who will use said information to try to grief you in game just because they can.

I enjoy the quotes you put up, I like them, they're meaningful. And I agree about keeping some info private, that's a good idea.

Mine is Gault and Vett's argument in their recruitment mission in FE. Just for giggles :)

I love that conversation, that was some of the best dialogue in FE. :D

I heard the quote and it made me think of forum posters who can't handle people disagreeing them and seeing it as offensive if they did disagree and possibly be the type who just ignore people they get ignored by on occasion or even always. Especially since they tend to be the ones who say "Everything should be talked out." but really don't mean it.

So, I thought it a perfect quote to put in a forum signature.

Then of course, I had to put the name of the person who made the quote, Stephen Fry, British Liberal and member of the Top 20 World Pride Power List. Not to mention I loved him in Bones and V For Vendetta :)

Great quote. Stephen Fry is awesome, love him to bits and especially in V for Vendetta, one of my favs. ^^

I used to have a link to my husband's YouTube tutorials, but he has been too busy to keep producing new content, so I took it off.

I also used to have my referral link, but when I dropped down to preferred, that seemed pointless. Not that anyone used it anyway :rolleyes:

For awhile I kept up a reminder that we were promised meaningful reunions with our companions which we haven't gotten. But again, that seemed pointless.

So now I have links to collages of my many, many alts. I don't think anyone has ever checked them out, but they make me happy :o

And Stephen Fry will always be Jeeves to me.

Edited by Damask_Rose

My signature is what I picked up from players during a Civil War pvp match.

Reps captured two turrets early and one of our stealth went afk. So another player called out to him/her.

Player: are you just going to sit and loose?

Afker: yep. cant win this one with reps having healers.

Player: we must try our best.

another player: do or dont, there is no try.

afker: is it mean you are saying I s*ck badly??? you did not meant that.

I: LOL

well...we actually won that match very narrowly as that afker and another player were able to cap another node and I get to pick up my signature. LOL :D