SWTOR Abbreviations

mikeyboii

I'm just saying that don't just copy-paste a list of WoW (World of Warcraft) abbreviations and say it is list of SWTOR abbreviations when half of the things on the list refer to things that only exist in wow and have nothing to do with SWTOR.

So please either edit it to fit SWTOR or just say it is list of MMO terms that does not fully apply to SWTOR

Edited by Eternalnight

I'm just saying that don't just copy-paste a list of WoW (World of Warcraft) abbreviations and say it is list of SWTOR abbreviations when half of the things on the list refer to things that only exist in wow and have nothing to do with SWTOR.

So please either edit it to fit SWTOR or just say it is list of MMO terms that does not fully apply to SWTOR

Why would he re-invent the wheel when MOST of the terms are common. If there are changes, why not point them out curteously, instead of beating the guy for what is actually a really good idea?

• 4 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...
Since I was very new to SWTOR and i loved playing pvp and flashpoints but when i played my teammates would say the abbreviations so I felt like a retard to say what does that mean. So I am glad that someone posted something like this.

Why would he re-invent the wheel when MOST of the terms are common. If there are changes, why not point them out curteously, instead of beating the guy for what is actually a really good idea?

But there are specific terms in there that LOTRO doesn't use - Addons being the first glaring one. I also have issue with some of your definitions.

OOF / OOM – Out of Focus/Mana (Usually said by healers & Casters)

Mana? Focus? No such things in this game

Continuing in the general spirit of helpful pickyness: No such thing as Focus? My Jedi Sentinel is going to be upset when she hears about that. Her powers aren't going to be much use if that is true. :)

Edited by PLynkes

Continuing in the general spirit of helpful pickyness: No such thing as Focus? My Jedi Sentinel is going to be upset when she hears about that. Her powers aren't going to be much use if that is true. :)

Not to mention, focus is the offhand of Jedi Consulars (sage) or Sith Inquisitors (sorcerors).

• 4 years later...