Subscriber Appreciation Details?

Kaywinnit

20 bucks our Ewok friend will be 1000 coins, 500 they gave you and 500 from your sub..

I'm afraid you're quite right pal. I really doubt the Ewok companions will be less than 500 cc, and probably, it'll cost about 1000 cc or maybe more. -sigh-:(

• Replies 698
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I really think people are looking at this the wrong way. They're not saying "Here's what you get for being a sub, now shut up and let us make Cartel Packs.". I believe they're saying "Here are some CCs to show you we haven't forgotten about you. There's more content on the way". It's pretty much just something to show us that we haven't been forgotten.

Would I have preferred some new content? Of course, but any quality content requires a decent amount of time to be made. I think we're in for a decent amount of quality content this summer.

They've had two years. There's nothing on the way for subscribers that everyone else isn't going to get.

While I am happy with the extra 500cc, I think something IN-GAME would be a good thing as well, preferably a mount available only to subs for a limited time, free of charge and never offered again in any color. Like maybe a version of the land speeder used in the original Star Wars, or a version of the one Darth Maul used. (obviously earlier)

TLDR

500cc is great and all of that, but more is and was expected. Not to mention deserved.

This "gift" is about as unimaginative as it can possibly get. Here... have some play money that you already get monthly anyway! WHEE!

Wow, I can't fathom how much thought and effort you put into that! I'm feeling really appreciated. :mad:

I'm gonna go tell my wife her butt looks good and see if it gets me anywhere. No foot massage, no flowers, no dinner, no gifts. Just a slap on the fanny and a wolf whistle. Ought to work about as well as these 500cc's... :rolleyes:

lmfao

They've had two years. There's nothing on the way for subscribers that everyone else isn't going to get.

And what's the problem? Why does subscriber appreciation have to mean "social and material segregation"? You get an extra 500 CC and a chance to get a nice title to commemorate the 10 year release of the KoTOR series. Is it such a sin that you have to be equal to everyone else?

Sorry about that, we may have mixed a message there. The 500 cc was for all subscribers. The title is unrelated and is to celebrate the KOTOR 10 year anniversary. Apologies for any confusion.

My goal was to get the info about the title out to subs on the same day as the CC grant though so that if you wanted to get the title you could just save 10 coins. This way you would be able to get it just from those extra coins!

-eric

Are the 500 CCs all we're getting, or can we expect something thoughtful too?

Are the 500 CCs all we're getting, or can we expect something thoughtful too?

They just gave you (as of right now) 1100 CCs for being a subscriber. (Monthly stipend plus this bonus.) That's about 10USD, which is probably pretty close to what you are paying for your subscription this month. If they give us another 500CC at the end of the month, then they just converted the cost of your sub this month into your cartel coin bank.

From a marketing standpoint, that's pretty thoughtful.

Is it what a large portion of subscribers were wanting? Not really, but that doesn't mitigate the guesture either.

They just gave you (as of right now) 1100 CCs for being a subscriber. (Monthly stipend plus this bonus.) That's about 10USD, which is probably pretty close to what you are paying for your subscription this month. If they give us another 500CC at the end of the month, then they just converted the cost of your sub this month into your cartel coin bank.

From a marketing standpoint, that's pretty thoughtful.

Is it what a large portion of subscribers were wanting? Not really, but that doesn't mitigate the guesture either.

Thoughtful would imply that the gesture requires thought. Throwing a fake $5 in an attempt to placate the masses is not thoughtful. It's nice, I won't deny that. If the one-time 500 CCs is part of something larger, great.

If we're only appreciated to the point of a one-off 500 extra CCs grant, though, I'd say that they don't appreciate us very much at all.

It's pathetically sad that anyone working for this game thinks that this will show the subscribers that you actually care. I seriously feel like you haven't been listening. A one-time coin grant? Seriously? For a moment, I thought this was an April fool's joke. Want to give subscribers benefits? How about a permanent across the board 50% reduction on all purchases? Doubtful we'll ever see anything even close to that, because you don't really care about the subscribers. It's clear this is just a cash shop game now, and that makes me sad. Consider my subscription over once my 6 months are up. I'll just switch preferred and buy my weekly unlocks on the gtn. I'm not going to keep paying you $15/month for $5 worth of coins. Subscribers are getting ripped off...end of story.

Cool man, you can send your 500cc to me. Since you obviously don't want/nor appreciate it. I accept PayPal.

Good questions! The title will cost 10 CC and the title will unlock per character. There is also a collections unlock associated with it which will cost 5 CC. Also for those who 10 CC is "too rich for my blood" the item, like all CM items, will be tradeable so you will likely see some popping up on your local GTN.

-eric

Wait, not only do we not get it for free, its not even Legacy wide?!? Da hell?!

Hey folks,

As some of you have already begun to figure out, every subscriber is receiving a bonus of 500 Cartel Coins. Some of you may not have gotten them yet but don't worry, the process takes a few hours. All of you should be receiving your 500 coins today. As an additional tease, we have something coming to the Cartel Market later this month that is going to be super, super cheap and available for one day only! All I will say for now is hang on to 10 Cartel Coins and look for details soon™.

-eric

Are you talking about Revan's Heir title?

I have to tell you that 500 Cartel Coins is a very big let down for me. Proving once more that the game revolves around the Cartel Market. And in no way make Subscribers feel appreciated than a one time gift of 500 Coins. Very underwhelming to be sure. A one time gift does nothing to make me feel that my $15 per month, every month is worth supporting the game. Especially when Bioware Austin puts so much emphasis on the Cartel Market while less than a quarter of that amount is spent on in game rewards and improvements.

If the teams of Bioware Austin cannot show the same commitment as the rest of us consumers, than why should we support you. You're making it too easy to move on.

Edited by xorcist

Because there was so much chatter about it on fleet and some planets, quick question. The 500cc "subscriber" reward was given to preferred status players as well? Chatter seemed to indicate they did.

Because there was so much chatter about it on fleet and some planets, quick question. The 500cc "subscriber" reward was given to preferred status players as well? Chatter seemed to indicate they did.

No. The 500CC grant was given only to current Subscribers.

Boo... just... boo... figures it'd be tied into the damn CM... hopefully there is more to it then just an extra handful of coins..since that doesn't really show me any appreciation.

*BOOs along* It's not appreciation, it's an attempted bribe, and a failed one at that.

But better to reply to him, so here goes...

Hey folks,

As some of you have already begun to figure out, every subscriber is receiving a bonus of 500 Cartel Coins. Some of you may not have gotten them yet but don't worry, the process takes a few hours. All of you should be receiving your 500 coins today. As an additional tease, we have something coming to the Cartel Market later this month that is going to be super, super cheap and available for one day only! All I will say for now is hang on to 10 Cartel Coins and look for details soon™.

-eric

Yeah I saw that in that "Tour the Czerka Corporation facilities and meet the Titans of Industry" mail, but never got any mail that mentions the supposed subscriber "appreciation" you promised. Well, maybe you didn't technically promise that, but you implied it. You came in here and told us to keep watching for an e-mail, which turns out to be just the usual Insider news thingy, which not everyone has to get as not everyone has to be subscribed to it. Then you continue to promote a stupid "event" to get people to fork over some more CC (small amount, but still, it's the thought that counts), and there's the "Go visit the 3rd party site to get a chance for free CC" junk.

500 CC is NOT appreciation, it's an attempt to bribe us for our silence. The whole reason for you feeling the need to show appreciation is the cartel market in the first place... But hey, there's going to be something similar around the end of the month, how much will it be that time? 200 CC, 1000 CC, all we know now it'll be CC and probably a different amount? Not to mention the "Buy CC and get a free pet if you buy it at the right place" non-sense, you can't even think of giving one for being a sub, but in that mail there's is an add for that?

This is exactly what I meant, this is a failed hype boost that did the opposite of your intentions, it only works if you really keep it a secret (meaning not telling people you're going to do ANYTHING), and then actually let people know when you do it (posting it in some thread tucked away doesn't count, where many of your target audience don't even see it). You are all really out of touch with reality there BioWare, I'm sorry for you that I have to say it. I know 2 year olds that are easier to explain this to, with them actually having a chance to get it and learn.

In other words: "We know subscribers are getting more and more annoyed with the Cartel junk we add, so lets put a tiny band-aid on that open wound and pretend everything will be all right while we're just going to add more bleeding".

Edited by Lyshar

My Customer Appreciation gift came in the form of being unable to log into the game because the system seem to be unable to actually email the 'one-time security password' it tells you its emailing you, and the bonus gift of not being able to purchase any more cartel points as I've apparently reach the cap. This is the first company I've ever encountered in my 50 some odd years that actually caps how much of there product (virtually unlimited product) they allow their customers to purchase. I couldn't believe it when I tried to purchase cartel points so I could partake in some of the overly advertised in game content only to discover I could not... after opening a ticket I was informed that I would not be able to purchase any more cartel points as I've reach your cap.... What kind of idiots cap a paying customer???

I've already lost a few of my friends from this game because they finally got fed up with being unable to log into the game because of the infuriating 'one-time temporary password' that is supposed to be emailed and never is actually emailed. So I have to ask, Are you all trying to drive off your customers?? Is this whole venture just some scam write off that you have no intention of succeeding at. I have to tell you, that's the way its appearing... you have a game foundation that could, potentially, be the best on the mmorpg market and your doing everything you can to frustrate and drive off your customers. WHAT GIVES?

Hi Eric, I have a question I hope you will be able to answer.

Why did the devs come to the decision to even have a price tag on the title designed to celebrate 10 years of KOTOR?

This is a very good question. Mind you, I don't care about the title, since we have so little to do with Revan in game, but still, a very good question.

As for the 500 CC. Not the 25 Dye Pack bundle I was hoping for. But, I blew those 500 points on 2 Dye Packs instead :p Still didn't get that black/black dye I've been wanting for my Consular :(