Anyone remember "Pirates Online"?

MrGoldsilver

Or POTCO for short.... Old mmo game, that is still running, but is probably dieing...

We can learn a few things from it... For example:

There was no complaining about classes, since there was only one class with different weapons, that each had there own lv ( sword, gun, dagger, voodoo doll, grenades:D, voodoo staff

There where more bugs I that game than there ever will be in this game, but most of them helped players (invincible glitch, swift foot glitch ect... )

the main pvp was "ship vs ship" where how good you did was based mostly on how many people joined your ship as gunners.

There is no "gear" instead just different weapons for each type of weapon, and THAT TOOK THEM FOREVER to implement

1 flash point that was 20 Lvs lower than the cap... Since they increased the cap twice 30-40 and 40-50 with no new content...

Here's the kicker,, there was no "RL money market" there was just subscribers/ F2P, but so they got people to subscribe, they limited F2P to lv 16, and most of the weapons they couldn't get... (Hint hint bioware:D)

And the best thing is that, EVERYTHING was cross server, you could switch servers when you wanted, like a permanent instances for all the worlds in this game (that was awesome)

Needless to say, POTCO is now a huge drama filled RP game, it was fun, but the lack of new content made it boring...

If any of you ever played POTCO (Pirates of the Caribbean Online) and have experiences you wish to share, post them in the comments

Peace

I did. I remember gathering people up randomly for ship battles, saving up for those frigates, and my 10 year old brain had me cheating at cards on accident. Fire and lightning cannons were OP, and it was fun even without instances. I also remember that glitch where you could walk around while going down with the ship. Good times. Edited by ZirusZero

That was my very first mmo. It was so simple, yet really fun. Probably because I had to have only been 14 or 15 and didn't know what a good mmo was. I made some good friends, at least at the time, I have no idea what happened to them though.

Wild Whitney and Rachel Darkfish, if you somehow read this, I miss you.

Wild Whitney and Rachel Darkfish, if you somehow read this, I miss you.

This may be the strangest yet most amusing thing I have ever read–but I definitely know how you feel. I was a huge Pirates fan as a kid and I really, really wanted to play POTCO. Why I didn't? I don't know. I saw trailers for it, saw interviews about it on TV, things like that. I would even run around with a plastic sword pretending I was playing real-life POTCO! :p

Probably one of my greatest regrets in life: not playing that game. I have no idea why I didn't! POTC used to be my third favorite movie franchise! Star Wars first, second I don't even remember... It was around that time my little preteen brain tryed out SWG, and, being a preteen, couldn't really get into it, but who cares, it was Star Wars. However, I believe the real culprit for why I never tried pirates was because I got sucked into my first almost MMO... runescape. (Don't judge me)

• 4 weeks later...

I loved the ship combat in that game....simple, fun, and the fact it had card games was great as well.

Pretty much all I liked about the game though....used to log in just to engage in naval combat and play some cards.

Also, Warhammer is closing down in december, and WoW is implementing cross server arenas. Lots of changes.