No to Arcann Romance Give us Real Content!

Manjaca

Hi, this is my Opinion.

The Most People on my Server and in my Guild and my Friends who are in other Guilds, dont want a Arcann Romance!

Many of them want:

New Operations SM/HM/NIM with cool Decorations/Mounts/Clothes/Achievments to earn

New Flashpoints SM/HM with cool Decorations/Mounts/Clothes/Achievments to earn

New 8vs8 and 4vs4 PVP Maps Ranked and un-Ranked with cool Decorations/Mounts/Clothes/Achievments to earn

New GSF Maps with cool Decorations/Mounts/Clothes/Achievments to earn

They wand the old Companions Back. For Example Jaesa/Khem Val/Kira/Lt. Iresso........ They want this with a cool Story and not 135 seconds Story or Love Story.

They want Chat Bubbles or similar improvement for RP

But all of them want new real explorable Planets with Class Story and with Planet Story with Achievments. And the new Planets Need to be explorable like Tatooine/Alderaan

All them want more Quality of Life Improvments and Bug-Fixing!

And this dear Devs from Bioware and Players is Content for 97% of the Playerbase!

And dont call me a Hater for my Opinion. This is a open Forum and we live in a Democracy It is enough to call other People a Hater for having a other Opinion like in other Threads.

And where was the Content for the APAC Community? NO real Information about no West-Coast Server. There was a APAC Guy who was much active for years on the SWTOR Forum and this Player was very positive adjustet to the Game. His Name i think was "AmericanAussie". Where is this Player? Quit?

First Bioware help this People and then give us a Arcann Romance! But i think it is to late for most of them. :(

If we have new good Content. Then i wish you the best and biggest Arcann Romance for you Arcann Lovers. But please we Need first Real Content! We Need a Real Expansion with 6.0. We Lost enough Players in 4.0 and 5.0 because of no new Content and bad designd Galactic Command. :rolleyes:

I Play all Content in SWTOR SM/HM Raiding SM/HM Flashpoints Casual PVP. I like and love the Story in this game. I come to this game because of KOTOR 1/2. This is my first MMO and in the beginning i was a MMO Noob. But i like the MMO/Group Content. It is sad to see how much Group Content and other Updates other MMOs get.

Please Dont look on my bad english Writing. English is my 3 Language. :cool:

• Replies 323
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi, this is my Opinion.

The Most People on my Server and in my Guild and my Friends who are in other Guilds, dont want a Arcann Romance!

Many of them want:

New Operations SM/HM/NIM with cool Decorations/Mounts/Clothes/Achievments to earn

New Flashpoints SM/HM with cool Decorations/Mounts/Clothes/Achievments to earn

New 8vs8 and 4vs4 PVP Maps Ranked and un-Ranked with cool Decorations/Mounts/Clothes/Achievments to earn

They wand the old Companions Back. For Example Jaesa/Khem Val/Kira/Lt. Iresso........ They want this with a cool Story and not 135 seconds Story or Love Story.

They want Chat Bubbles or similar improvement for RP

But all of them want new real explorable Planets with Class Story and with Planet Story with Achievments. And the new Planets Need to be explorable like Tatooine/Alderaan

All them want more Quality of Life Improvments and Bug-Fixing!

And this dear Devs from Bioware and Players is Content for 97% of the Playerbase!

And dont call me a Hater for my Opinion. This is a open Forum and we live in a Democracy It is enough to call other People a Hater for having a other Opinion like in other Threads.

And where was the Content for the APAC Community? NO real Information about no West-Coast Server. There was a APAC Guy who was much active for years on the SWTOR Forum and this Player was very positive adjustet to the Game. His Name i think was "AmericanAussie". Where is this Player? Quit?

First Bioware help this People and then give us a Arcann Romance! But i think it is to late for most of them. :(

If we have new good Content. Then i wish you the best and biggest Arcann Romance for you Arcann Lovers. But please we Need first Real Content! We Need a Real Expansion with 6.0. We Lost enough Players in 4.0 and 5.0 because of no new Content and bad designd Galactic Command. :rolleyes:

I Play all Content in SWTOR SM/HM Raiding SM/HM Flashpoints Casual PVP. I like and love the Story in this game. I come to this game because of KOTOR 1/2. This is my first MMO and in the beginning i was a MMO Noob. But i like the MMO/Group Content. It is sad to see how much Group Content and other Updates other MMOs get.

Please Dont look on my bad english Writing. English is my 3 Language. :cool:

I completely agree with you point of view, thank you for opening this thread. :)

There is already another thread about this... As I said there, it's not very helpful to ask them to scrap content that is probably already written, voice-acting recorded, etc. Just ask for more of the content that you want, without the condition of taking other people's content away from them.

Personally, I want a full expansion happening in the Chiss Ascendancy with Aristocra Saganu as a full romance, and everything in it to be personally written by Timothy Zahn. I think this has about the same chance to happen as class stories continuing -- which is, absolutely no chance at all.

Anyway, it's probably too late to campaign against the Arcann romance, it's a done deal. As Estelindis said, loads of the work has already been done.

Personally, I want a full expansion happening in the Chiss Ascendancy with Aristocra Saganu as a full romance, and everything in it to be personally written by Timothy Zahn. I think this has about the same chance to happen as class stories continuing -- which is, absolutely no chance at all.

Anyway, it's probably too late to campaign against the Arcann romance, it's a done deal. As Estelindis said, loads of the work has already been done.

Agreed.

Oh I agree with this: More Chiss please, especially with the gorgeous Aristocra Saganu. :D

And of course, you do not get all of this because of the Arcann's romance? Maybe because of the fact that the resources of the game and the developers are thrown at the Anthem? Claims for the "Arcann's romance" and the requirement to replace it with a content are simply meaningless.

This content you will not receive. With the Arcann's romance or without. Because there is no finance and no people to create it.

And I think everyone understands this.

There is already another thread about this... As I said there, it's not very helpful to ask them to scrap content that is probably already written, voice-acting recorded, etc. Just ask for more of the content that you want, without the condition of taking other people's content away from them.

You will get your beloved Arcann, the other 97% player will get absolutely nothing because there are no money,no time, no "meaningful ways" to do this and that. Then the extremely vocal minority will request a new romance, the developers will approve and the story will repeat itself. Meanwhile whoever wants more real content will just be silenced and attacked. To what end?

These items I could care less about but I don't have a problem with them being in the game but if it was up to me, no thank you.

As far as chat bubbles (and I am a roleplayer) I don't see the need for them. You don't need them to roleplay and when we had them in SWG they were more confusing than they were worth.

Different groups of people have different ideas what they like. What your guild may like mine may not. What each of us need to realize what we consider a majority is from our sphere of influence and doesn't reflect everyone. This fighting because you don't like something doesn't accomplish anything except to put people at odds in the forums and that is something we shouldn't be doing. All this fighting among ourselves is doing is creating drama and problems.

I am not a fan of Arcann but I know that they can do more than one thing and from my understanding the Arcann romance has already been recorded and the way they have done the romance on the companions it really isn't that big of deal since the way they have handled the rest I would bet they spent about 10 minutes on it, nothing significant.

Edited by casirabit

Yeah I much rather receive story and planet content rather than some romances and I suspect many people feel the same way. That being said though, its hard for me to believe an alert with romance options (lets face it, it ain't gonna be anything more than that...note returning companions) in it would be in the way of an actual content if there is such planned.

I want to believe that the disaster 2017 was has taught the devs the lesson not to cater to vocal minorities.

Edited by ExarSun

We already know we are getting another flashpoint and ops boss soon. Is that not “real content”?

Saying you want a full expansion instead of the Arcann romance is pretty much akin to thinking if you dont get a skateboard for your birthday you could get a car instead.

IMHO this isn't going to be anything more than a two-minute cut scene, along the lines of what the returning companions/LIs have received. It's still time and money I would have wished to see spent elsewhere, and I'd rather uninstall the game than romance Arcann, but it's something easily ignored. If this turns out to be a full quest, while the others LIs got scraps, I will happily join you all in being angry.

The issue right now unfortunately is that there apparently are few resources and funds allocated for the game, and everyone's scrapping for what they want to see most. A lot of the recent content releases - the Ops bosses, the PvP maps, this - don't appeal to a lot of players. I don't think *anyone* is really happy with the level of content they're getting right now.

For me, I do want actual meaningful companion and LI cut scenes and stories, and would actually pay if they had LI modules you could buy to extend those stories, but the game can't run on that. In the vanilla game and KOTFE/KOTET the romances/character interactions were part of a much greater body of content.

IMHO this isn't going to be anything more than a two-minute cut scene, along the lines of what the returning companions/LIs have received. It's still time and money I would have wished to see spent elsewhere, and I'd rather uninstall the game than romance Arcann, but it's something easily ignored. If this turns out to be a full quest, while the others LIs got scraps, I will happily join you all in being angry.

The issue right now unfortunately is that there apparently are few resources and funds allocated for the game, and everyone's scrapping for what they want to see most. A lot of the recent content releases - the Ops bosses, the PvP maps, this - don't appeal to a lot of players. I don't think *anyone* is really happy with the level of content they're getting right now.

For me, I do want actual meaningful companion and LI cut scenes and stories, and would actually pay if they had LI modules you could buy to extend those stories, but the game can't run on that. In the vanilla game and KOTFE/KOTET the romances/character interactions were part of a much greater body of content.

I'm not going to uninstall the game, but from now on all my new characters will kill Arcann and ( regretfully) Senya. The OPS and the new PvP maps do not attract the players because of the mechanics and because of bots/cheaters/hackers, just look at the circus in the PvP section of this forum.

I do want too meaningful cutscenes and stories, for example i really liked the Aric Jorgan recruitment chapter, even my Imperial characters ( almost all of them LS) respect the Cathar.

About joining us in being angry.. get your luggage ready, you will need it :D

I felt KOTxx was a raging trash fire... and content that revisits it is contrary to anything I want out of SWTOR at this point. Arcann could use some closure, though. I mean... we can't END KOTxx without writing an end to it... but, if we get an Arcann romance (NO THANK YOU) then, I also want the option to exile him forever (I mean, on the few characters who didn't just kill him (and, sadly, Senya too)).

...If Corso, Risha and Andronikos got less than 6 minutes of screen time total, Arcann doesn't deserve more than 90 seconds of my consideration.

There is a major scarcity of resources... why can't we have nice things?

...well, someone wasted those resources on Arcann. If there were take-backsies, this is one I'd call.

Edited by LordFell

I'm not going to uninstall the game, but from now on all my new characters will kill Arcann and ( regretfully) Senya. The OPS and the new PvP maps do not attract the players because of the mechanics and because of bots/cheaters/hackers, just look at the circus in the PvP section of this forum.

I do want too meaningful cutscenes and stories, for example i really liked the Aric Jorgan recruitment chapter, even my Imperial characters ( almost all of them LS) respect the Cathar.

About joining us in being angry.. get your luggage ready, you will need it :D

Oh, all of my characters already kill them both. I can't justify saving Arcann and asking my Alliance to work with him at all.

I will start packing to join you all...

There is a major scarcity of resources... why can't we have nice things?

...well, someone wasted those resources on Arcann. If there were take-backsies, this is one I'd call.

Because it is a waste of resources for YOU. Not for ME. For me, a waste of resources - operations, and group content, because I do not participate in it. And for other people - a waste of resources lies in other nuances.

And I do not understand why one person's opinion should be for everyone?

I pay for this game and I have the right to the content that I like.

Be kind, do not sign for everyone!

Okay I'm ignoring the "No Arcann" part, because it's already been confirmed. it's done and over with and that makes me happy. :D

What I will jump on the wagon and scream at the top of my lungs is MORE ACTUAL STORY CONTENT! Along with...

1. New Heroics! Please, please, please.

2. New Planets, Onderon and Duxn are on my dream list but Deralia would be perfection!

3. Good story arcs for ALL companions. Now that we have so many I want to KNOW them.

4. More Flashpoints.

5. Total SH decorating overhaul! REMOVE THE HOOK LIMIT NOW!

6. Class specific missions like in SOH please. If we can't have separate stories, give us stuff we're good at within the whole.

7. Crafting overhaul!

And finally MAKE OUR SPEICES MATTER!

Because it is a waste of resources for YOU. Not for ME. For me, a waste of resources - operations, and group content, because I do not participate in it. And for other people - a waste of resources lies in other nuances.

Of course, you have the right to your opinion, but when the vocal minority you're part of gets what they requested and the rest of players are ignored it is no longer about opinions, subscription status, rights to certain content, it is more and more about common sense.

A bit off-topic: i'm in the city council and the last meeting was a complete nightmare, 30% wanted, demanded, screamed for articulated buses while 70% opposed to the idea do to pollution concerns. Fortunately, the extremely vocal minority did not won, because in real life 8 votes count more than 4 votes, only in games the lower percent of population requesting something can win.

I specifically stated... and you quoted me...

"If there were take-backsies, this is one I'd call. "

Sounds to me, like I'm speaking purely on my own behalf.

...the indignant cry of "how dare you speak for me!" is specious at best, and even worse when I'm very clearly (and you've quoted me!) speaking for one person, me, as a singular entity, espressing my own, personal viewpoint.

Related to your concern, that I'm voicing my (again, my very own, personal, exclusive to me) view point on this... is Devs need to know what players think. For one person to post a thread saying "this is my idea" players chiming in supporting an idea, or also, expressing why it is (or just that it is) a bad idea helps them decide where to allocate resources.

Also related.... No. You don't have a RIGHT to the content you like, or want. You have a right to access the content SWTOR provides, and you can decide you like it and keep paying for it, or that you do not like it, and maybe stop paying for it. You may also decide, you don't like some aspects... and maybe you want to keep paying... but you still come to the forums to explain what you don't like, and why you don't like it.

...that's what's going on here.

Had I been aware of a previous push to have Arcann made a romanceable companion, I would have been very vocal in my opposition. In a game that has (clearly) very, very, VERY few resources... wasting any on the walking abomination that is Arcann is a waste. It was a waste. We're getting it... even if we didn't want it... I sure didn't... so, whatever. We're getting it. I don't have to like it. I sure don't. The game I pay for, want to play, does not feature a romanceable companion that has 50+ Billion Deaths under his belt, that is somehow a "Light Side" character.

This is... really unpalatable. EA/Bioware made a horribly bad call proceeding with this decision. I really wish they had NOT put ANY money into Arcann, at all.

I always said I didnt want an Arcann romance at the expense of time with existing LIs and companions.

That being said, it doesn't mean I will boycott it. It does mean I expect more time with 'dead' companions, the ones forgotten the moment some people could kill them -- Aric, Koth, Torian, Vette etc... if this cant be done stop killing them for half the player base and stop spending resources on new romances when existing suffers a lack of content.

Edited by Suzsi

Whether the Arcann romance content is deep and meaningful or 1 cruddy cutscene, it is still content that will not be consumed by the majority of players. In a game that can barely put out anything new every few months, the idea of spending time to release a romance to a companion many didn't even want as part of their alliance is silly. If the player base wanted another romance option, then a companion that all players are required to have along the lines of Lana and Theron would have been a better option at least. More than likely, however, they would have been better suited using resources on something else, but the only resources currently working on the game are story people.

Gotta love all the running around like a chicken with its head cut off claiming that this Arcann romance that may or may not have even started being worked on is somehow responsible for all the game's failings. Really guys? Really? If not having an Arcann romance meant we'd get more class stories and more fully fleshed out planets and the original companions returning and being fully voiced and interactive and woven into the story like they were in the vanilla game, etc...I'd drop Arcann like a bad habit but that's not going to happen and that's nowhere near an equivalent use of resources and time. Like, what are you guys imagining with this romance? If it's more than one or two shot-reverse-shot conversations a few minutes total, unconnected to the story (the way the vanilla conversations were but much much shorter) then you're guaranteed to be wrong. It's like thinking if BioWare stops reskinning speeders that they'll magically have enough resources for a full story expansion.

You need to let BioWare know what the actual problem with the game is and that's lack of new content (especially story content IMO) and that they need to stop siphoning off money made from subscriptions and CC in SWtOR to developing lame Destiny wannabes while leaving SWtOR with a skeleton crew apparently barely able to hold things together.