Distance between repub and imps growing

Sullydog

I'm completely at a loss as what to do besides give up. I'm now on loss #15 in Warzones. I play republic on rakata mind prison - I can literally see what happened but have no idea what to do about it.

It's become groups of 6 or 7 sith inquisitors all battlemaser or 5 or 6 operatives stimming, all battlemaster. Everything can be tracked back to 1.1 in which imperials farmed republic for a week straight on Illum with many, many imperial hitting battlemaster. It's become very, very difficult to finish any of the dailies on my server because of the gear/population imbalance.

I kept thinking things would get better as more republic hit 50 but the opposite seems to have happend as its just provided more farming for the imperials..it's essentially become a snowball effect in which the imperial now not only out populate us 5 to 1 or so but also battlemaster rank 2 or 3 to 1 - all of this is a direct result of the illum fiasco that they could not fix soon enough.

It's not that were just losing warzones, it's that were being crushed. It's not that were getting beat on Illum its that were getting zerged into oblivious and this is causing a massive snowball effect - mass exodus of republic players and mass battlemater rank/gearing of the imperials. I would really like a in depth response from somebody working for Bioware on the situation - if their in game "metrics" are as sophisticated as they claim then surely they have the numbers on this.

I truly can't comprehend how they couldn't see this happening. The only explanation I can think of is that they don't play their own game - if they did they would certainly see what's going on.

Edited by Sullydog

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Yeah and so? You want to force players to not be able to play the side they like? Face it, the story, the clothes, the abilities, the rides... Everything about Imps are > than Republic..

This is the way it's always been, this is the way it always will be..

Sith > Jedi..

Peace is a lie...

Everything can be tracked back to 1.1 in which imperials farmed republic for a week straight on Illum with many, many imperial hitting battlemaster. It's become very, very difficult to finish any of the dailies on my server because of the gear/population imbalance.

I stopped reading here, as its pretty much a lie.. nice troll post.

What do you want them to do? Remove imperials from character selection?

The evil side is always more popular. Just use that as motivation to get better and crush them

There's only so much you can do to "get better and crush them" in a game that's pretty dependent on gear. Sure, over time Republic players will eventually get equal gear, but it's kind of bad that we're so heavily penalized for picking the under populated side.

Of course the first 2 replies are people defending this....probably imperials so what do they know?

The imbalance is far past out of control now, and unfortunately it will play a part in the downfall of the game.

There is no way to fix this...ever.

Yes, it is ironic that imperials would reply with "so what" or "deal with it"

I stopped reading here, as its pretty much a lie.. nice troll post.

What does "pretty much a lie" even mean? and how would you know?

Imperials control Illum 400% bonus stakced with 300% stacked with defender bonus = MASS VALOR very quickly.

I play Republic. Don't make assumptions.

Gear is important yes, but so is teamwork and playing your class well. My server is outmatched by Imperials. We do fine as long as we have a few good PvPers. If your entire team is bad you are just SOL.

As a veteran PvPer I'm used to this I guess.

OP, seems pretty frustrating. I see your server is a West Coast PvP server. I would recommend you try The Ebon Hawk, but that's likely miles from what you want. Still, it may be something that gets you into the game. Roll an alt, doesn't take long to get to 10 or so. Edited by Shortwave

I play Republic. Don't make assumptions.

Gear is important yes, but so is teamwork and playing your class well. My server is outmatched by Imperials. We do fine as long as we have a few good PvPers. If your entire team is bad you are just SOL.

As a veteran PvPer I'm used to this I guess.

The skill argument is completely moot, at least on my server. When being outnumbered 5 to 1 or so there is no "skill" it's just instant death. I go to Illum and see 11 republics on the entire planet with the imp zerg having 30 or 40 +

All they do is camp central to get the armaments and the few repubs that straggle over there. it's insane.

Edited by Sullydog

The skill argument is completely moot, at least on my server. When being outnumbered 5 to 1 or so there is no "skill" it's just instant death. I go to Illum and see 11 republics on the entire planet with the imp zerg having 30 or 40 +

All they do is camp central to get the armaments and the few repubs that straggle over there. it's insane.

Yeah when you are outnumbered by a certain amount winning a head to head type of battle is impossible. You have options though.

You might as well be talking to a wall.

Sure it is easy for an imp to say this when he isn't the one getting zerged and camped.

I don't care how dam good you think you are, being outnumbered in an MMO by even 3 to 1.....you are doomed. And we're talking about being outnumbered 5-10 or MORE to 1 on the Fatman server.

Everything can be tracked back to 1.1 in which imperials farmed republic for a week straight on Illum with many, many imperial hitting battlemaster.

This was actually an issue before 1.1. All that has done is sped up the inevitable.

You got me on what they can do.

Myself I just waved the white flag and rolled Imperial. Kind of nice being able to easily form groups without much if any hassle.

I don't want to nor to I care what the Imps opinions are on the situation, the one's enjoying the advantage ALWAYS deny that it exist. I want to hear from Bioware, I want numbers, I know they have them - Instead of using terms like "Imperials are more popular" or "we are surprised as how many people enjoy Sith inquisitors" give us the numbers so we can see and imperials can stop trying to deny it.

What is the imbalance?

Everything can be tracked back to 1.1 in which imperials farmed republic for a week straight on Illum with many, many imperial hitting battlemaster.

Um Patch came out 1/18/12 and it was hotfixed 1/19/12

Not sure what planet you're on but on Earth thats not a week.

I have a feeling that the legacy system could fix some of these problems, allowing you to play as a Rataka Jedi or a Chiss Smuggler could make the rep side more attractive...also, "light side" versions of some of the more cool looking sith gear would help as well.

The colour schemes are there to differenciate the sides, so its just matter of either a palate swap or a dyeing system in the game, and then making some peices of gear available.

I play Republic because A) its no fun playing with the sheep and B) I just can't be evil...

The population imbalance appears to only be at higher levels from everything I have seen and people are saying. Powerlevelers and young teenagers with tons of free time to spend leveling being drawn to the darkside? Wow, didn't see that happening.

I'm currently rank 54, I don't give 2 cents for PVE in this game. If Bioware offered a faction switch to where I would be the mirror AC and keep my level and rank I would opt in for it. I'd even grind out all of my champion gear again if that was at issue.