Horrible Roadmap.

SaerethDL

Basically nothing substantial until next year. We waited 6 months for a 30 mins worth of content. Its all piecemeal, and bird food. What happened to the expansion announced this year? I'm disappointed, you don't need to be charging a monthly subscription for this game anymore, it's just not worth it. Might as well open it up for everyone since ya'll have already moved on to Anthem.

The only things I like from the roadmap is actually having an event for a star wars movie! How long did that take you to figure out?! You need to post advertisements in the movie theaters too if you're smart. Also what about a limited item when you login to the event. Still same old rehashed content though.

Cross Faction PVP alrighty. But still no ranked 8v8? Let people play how they want to play, put arena's in there if people want to play arenas, give us options at least. Hate that toxic bantha poo. Make the seasons shorter, that is way too long to stay involved and waiting on your prize. Where is the lockout timer for those who abandon warzones?

The community just eats this slop up! When you are starving, any amount of food taste good. We are a joke to them, they are pointing and laughing!

In the end, this isn't the end of the world. It's just a video game. So do what you do Bioware.

TLDR, no reason to Resub, let the 6month wait begin for the next "roadmap." Applauding this roadmap is telling them it's okay to continue to rip off the customers.

• Replies 131
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

That clearly puts you into the minority interest group about the roadmap. Which is fine.. but you own that.

I'm not really a PvPer... but I have to say.... putting attention back on PvP for this cycle is a great move by the studio, and the new PvP enabled stronghold is innovative genius in the context of MMOs. it WILL attract PvP veterans back to the game to check it out... so as long as they don't screw it up.. this is very good for the game overall.

We may not be getting the pace of truly new content that some people want..... but I applaud the studios continued willingness to think outside the MMO box and innovate in a genre that honestly is getting old and repetitive on the part of studios.

Edited by Andryah

That clearly puts you into the minority...

Proof? It's a PvP roadmap...one I personally feel is long overdue, but it's far from "good"...these are tweaks at best...and it caters to one group of players only.

I really don't like your comment saying PVP content is worthless and not substantial at all people play it and sometimes that's all they do..

also Why did you need to start a thread on this where you could made your opinion know on the roadmap existing thread?

So... you don't want them to improve PvP? Okay, but understand that plenty of people do.

You don't want them to tell you what they're going to do in advance? Okay, but understand that that won't actually change what they do, only when they tell you about it.

You want them to magically include more stuff in updates? Well, if you give them a bunch of money to hire a bigger dev team, maybe you'll get what you want.

I really don't like your comment saying PVP content is worthless and not substantial at all people play it and sometimes that's all they do..

also Why did you need to start a thread on this where you could made your opinion know on the roadmap existing thread?

No where in my comment did i say pvp content is worthless. :D

As someone who does not and will not pvp, and as such skipped the pvp section of the roadmap, it did feel like what I read could have been condensed into "The Nightlife Event will be returning and other stuff will happen at some point. Probably." That was a little underwhelming, but only slightly more so than I expected, so I'm not terribly frustrated with it.

I don't begrudge pvp players some attention, though I'm growing cynical enough to believe that after the changes, they will likely be begging for the horrible mess to be turned back, because that seems to be the common theme in swtor anymore.

I would've liked a more well-rounded approach to the roadmap, but without BWA being able to produce the content to back it up, that'd be a pointless gesture anyway. I won't dare predict how long the game will last, but for as long as it does, this is what we're going to have to deal with. First some crumbs here, then some crumbs there.

Edited by cyrusramsey

So... you don't want them to improve PvP? Okay, but understand that plenty of people do.

You don't want them to tell you what they're going to do in advance? Okay, but understand that that won't actually change what they do, only when they tell you about it.

You want them to magically include more stuff in updates? Well, if you give them a bunch of money to hire a bigger dev team, maybe you'll get what you want.

So I should have to pay? Not the billion dollar company that is EA? They want more of your money at the same time, do less work and invest less into the game. Nothing against them improving PVP my friend.

No where in my comment did i say pvp content is worthless. :D

Maybe you did not say it, not substantial means not important in which i probably should have not have taken that as worthless, but still pretty much saying putting new maps or arena is not important to the game.

Edited by commanderwar

Well, dude was complaining about this year. Last time I checked, Fall is still going to be happening this year.

Ah I missed that bit. Without major delays I expect around November/December and it betetr not be just one more flashpoint..

I'm not pleased myself, I just finished waiting for 5 months for a short flashpoint. waiting 6 months is a bit much for me, so I'll be taking a break unless they magically fix the lag spikes in PvP and the loud abusive parts of the community so I can go back to enjoying it again, like I used to.

edit: yup, some people wait longer, I'm not saying they shouldn't have a PvP focus, I wish I could enjoy it still too. Just that they shouldn't be doing this one group at a time thing. This is what caused the problems to start with, and it's just exasperating them to continue the same method.

Edited by Asmodesu

Ah I missed that bit. Without major delays I expect around November/December and it betetr not be just one more flashpoint..

I'm not pleased myself, I just finished waiting for 5 months for a short flashpoint. waiting 6 months is a bit much for me, so I'll be taking a break unless they magically fix the lag spikes in PvP and the loud abusive parts of the community so I can go back to enjoying it again, like I used to.

I'm cool with it, for the most part. I don't understand why they are trying to cater to more private "PvP Parties" when that just excludes most of the rest of us who choose to sit in queue. But, apparently they see a demand for it. Weird.

I also hope that the continuation of story is done outside of FPs. That's pretty annoying. They have got to get back to chapters. Everything feels so... detached otherwise. Not to mention knowing that you have to devote 60-90 minutes to each nugget of story, rather than playing through at our own pace.

But, they are addressing things that need to be addressed and we know that *something* is coming later this year.

I'm cool with it, for the most part. I don't understand why they are trying to cater to more private "PvP Parties" when that just excludes most of the rest of us who choose to sit in queue. But, apparently they see a demand for it. Weird.

I also hope that the continuation of story is done outside of FPs. That's pretty annoying. They have got to get back to chapters. Everything feels so... detached otherwise. Not to mention knowing that you have to devote 60-90 minutes to each nugget of story, rather than playing through at our own pace.

But, they are addressing things that need to be addressed and we know that *something* is coming later this year.

Chapters, or open planets like Rishi etc. Those you could explore and take your time in making them last faaar longer then one play session. I would happily wait 6 months to a year if I knew they were planning a Rishi + Yavin 4 standard story type again for example. Planets, side quests alongside main arc, place to explore, can take your time through it etc.

The past year and a half has been addressing issues, which do need to be done it's just dragging out a long time now.

So I should have to pay?

Darned tootin we shouldn't! :rak_03:

So, what you're saying is that we (as in the collective 'we') should do what people have done throughout MMORPG history and temporarily unsubscribe until new content we enjoy (as defined individually) is released?

I embrace the novelty and originality of your concept.

Dasty

Edited by Jdast

It’s been 6 1/2 years and this has been the only real pvp road map in the history of the game.... people are getting their panties in a knot because they don’t get something every 3 months... and it makes me laugh

4-5 years ago it was the OPs and pve people who would demand something every 3 months and get upset if pvp was even mentioned in a roadmap... but they felt our pain 3 years ago when Bio went down the story path and ignored them for years.... and I think they now understand how pvpers felt

Now we have exactly the same situation in reverse... the story people are whining because they don’t get something every 3 months... It’s about time that other parts of the game besides story got some meaningful love...

Things got dribbled out the last year and it wasn’t enough for anyone in the game... I like this new direction where they pick a part of the game and focus on it for a major patch... they are still putting some small stuff in for other people... which is better than nothing

The next patch looks like it might be story driven... so I really hope the one after is Operations driven for the OPs guys...

I think 3 major content releases a year... one for each part of the game is a great model... they can then make mini QOL patches inbetween

I think 3 major content releases a year... one for each part of the game is a great model... they can then make mini QOL patches inbetween

I'd like one major update a year or year and a half that covers everyone in one fell swoop.

my opinion obviously:

A big content update that covers only one group of players but drives multiple others away from the game even if temporarily is a bad update.

A big update, even if waiting longer for it to come out, that covers all parts is a good update.

I'm not sad about waiting 5-6 months, I'm sad that the 5-6 month wait may solely be, for the second time, just one flashpoint. That is not a good content dribble either. Neither is nothing at all. Yes it's good PvP is getting some focus, but like I said.. They should wait longer and give something bigger for all 3 major groups of playstyles at once. I don't give one damn about 2-1/2 years ago, only this year matters when it comes to content across the board and they are not doing any better with this process.

It would cut down a ton of this arguing over whose turn it is or who gets more etc, it shouldn't be about turns. They did that, it went down badly, so what did they do? chose to continue that method and it's still going badly as all it does, and has ever done, is turn the player groups upon each other like rabid dogs. As you can see even in this thread when one person voices an opinion they get jumped by someone else who thinks they should shut up and wait.

Edited by Asmodesu

Basically nothing substantial until next year. We waited 6 months for a 30 mins worth of content. Its all piecemeal, and bird food. What happened to the expansion announced this year? I'm disappointed, you don't need to be charging a monthly subscription for this game anymore, it's just not worth it. Might as well open it up for everyone since ya'll have already moved on to Anthem.

The only things I like from the roadmap is actually having an event for a star wars movie! How long did that take you to figure out?! You need to post advertisements in the movie theaters too if you're smart. Also what about a limited item when you login to the event. Still same old rehashed content though.

Cross Faction PVP alrighty. But still no ranked 8v8? Let people play how they want to play, put arena's in there if people want to play arenas, give us options at least. Hate that toxic bantha poo. Make the seasons shorter, that is way too long to stay involved and waiting on your prize. Where is the lockout timer for those who abandon warzones?

The community just eats this slop up! When you are starving, any amount of food taste good. We are a joke to them, they are pointing and laughing!

In the end, this isn't the end of the world. It's just a video game. So do what you do Bioware.

TLDR, no reason to Resub, let the 6month wait begin for the next "roadmap." Applauding this roadmap is telling them it's okay to continue to rip off the customers.

Can I have your stuff ?

You are clearly bored of this game... and no matter what Bioware does, you won't be happy.

PS: The majority of the people are happy with this roadmap. PVP was ignored for far too long.

Majority of people are content with being fed scraps, so no wonder that they are happy. Its the reason BW can get away with year and half of nothing substantial. If it were any other studio/game they would have been taken apart. But keep up the good work...judging from the population which dwindles on on i wonder how much would be left until the next "roadmap" rofl.

I'd like one major update a year or year and a half that covers everyone in one fell swoop.

I agree that there should be an expansion as well... but these aren’t close expansions... they are just content patches that target individual parts of the game... I think this is the right approach... have a major expansion as you’ve said and have these update patches in between.... they can divide a 12 month period into 3 of these updates while prepping an expansion.... and spend 4 months after the last of the updates to get the expansion finished... that puts us into a 16 month cycle between expansions.

That clearly puts you into the minority interest group about the roadmap. Which is fine.. but you own that.

A misleading comment at best I'd say. If you want to get super technical about it, you could say the majority of players disapproved as the majority of people who have ever subscribed to this game have unsubscribed.

I'm not really a PvPer... but I have to say.... putting attention back on PvP for this cycle is a great move by the studio, and the new PvP enabled stronghold is innovative genius in the context of MMOs. it WILL attract PvP veterans back to the game to check it out... so as long as they don't screw it up.. this is very good for the game overall.

We may not be getting the pace of truly new content that some people want..... but I applaud the studios continued willingness to think outside the MMO box and innovate in a genre that honestly is getting old and repetitive on the part of studios.

The changes are interesting, but by any objective standard they are slim. They move around the furniture in the room mostly, without adding any substantial new pieces.

I think it's fine for people to express their views, and unlike some dumb comment which responded to yours early on, I don't think that there's anything particularly outrageous about what you said here and that your voice should automatically be snuffed out because of some excuse for a reason.

People should just do what's in their own best interests I suppose. I mean, has this game earned the loyalty of people to just subscribe just to support the game? I think one would be hard pressed to make that argument. So if one feels that they can unsubscribe and go play another game for 6 months or longer, so be it. Personally I would bake it into the cake that all future releases of content will be at the pace that it's already been with the latter part of 5.0. A long time for them to announce a new ops, and when it comes out: drip, drip, drip. And then who knows if they'll even be more development after that? That's your new normal.

Maybe it's best for some people who are not satisfied by this to play multiple games, unsub on this one and play another game while they wait for new content.

PvP Content is totally worthless.