Let us make an Petition, West Coast Server.

-JE-BLAZAR-

Hey all!

I am from the EU, the NL.

My ping is fine, 20-30 MS, and I am saddened about the loss for the APAC players.

I do not want to make an similar thread like others, but regarding the severity of this case I think I should, I think it is good to make an petition and make an voice for all our fellow players who are affected by this change what was not mentioned to us upfront.

It is clear that the USA servers are now all on the East Coast..

I tested it in the game, read the comments on the forums, also friends from the USA come with similar results, and even the game itself says on server login it is EAST COAST.

Like Icykill says, it is impossible to get an much lesser ping (like below 140/200, like it was for you guys before from australia for example), only thing what can be ironed out is mostly the spikes.

So let us make an voice for all the people who are hit by this effect to make an petition.

And demand the following:

1. 1 West Coast Server

2. If this is not possible, an clear and honest answer, why not?

- Do livestream it, and mainly Keith should do this.

- Also tell what options are on the table and how much you think you can reduce the ping for these people.

An good note to remember with rough calculations is that USA players are on the east coast at minimum more or less 90 ms apart from the EU servers and vice versa. This distance is more or less 6.000 KM. From Eascoast where the servers are located towards Sydney is around 16.000 KM, 16 divided by 6 = 2,67 that means if we multiply this with 90 ms (from 6k KM) the server lag should be in theory at minimum 240 MS. So I do utter hope that someday soon for you all are affected, that the internet connection gets made better and more straightlined from point A too B, and it will result in an MS of 240-300 MS, I mean that is better then now some of you have. Someone I know from sydney is with 700-800 ms spikes or 500 ms most of the time, this will make it a bit better if this connection becomes more improved.. but yeah it sucks. Btw if we calculate from the westcoast to sydney it is 12k KM with 180 MS, and that is something similar just like my friend had before. I do hope that bioware can do something, there is definitely something going on, and the data goes to slow/ or routes to far around then it also should. But it would be great if simply for these people an west coast server can be made I think. Please help these people.

Thank you allready in advance. And let us make an voice for our fellow comrades from APAC and beyond.

Post with /Signed.

Greets from the Netherlands, and this is mine ---> /signed :mon_cool:

• Replies 161
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

/Signed. The fact that the devs told us about the move after the fact just goes to show how little respect the company has for its subscribers. I'm extremely tempted to take my money elsewhere if Satele Shan is not stationed in the West.

This is what we were promised, and this is what we will get if the devs want to keep enough money flowing to justify the continuation of their jobs to the higher ups. Because if the server locations stand as they are, then the revenue lost to the 5.0 player exodus will look small-time to what they're about to lose.

Edited by Trogusaurus

/signed

i dont think i have ever been so angry with a game developer before but lets be honest, this company hasnt cared about its player base from day 1

who ever made the call to withhold this info until after it was done is truely a piece of ****

Edited by SubjugatorX

Am sorry but why make yourself ... self important.

facts people = you are unhappy with the game , if it was nt the west coast server problem it would be something else.

people act like they have a tin foil hat on and believe they self ruining they own game ... for a new ip or spin at star wars that never coming..

am not white knighting at the moment they is nothing worth subbing for . but the idea that BW are making these choice to screw the game over is corny as hell.

they just bad at handling the game.

:rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

Definitely. 21 days left of sub and I'm so sad. I want to play.

/SIGNED

^^^THIS is what hurts the most...you guys aren't quitting over a crappy story, a bad WZ, lack of this or that...you're being forcibly removed.

^^^THIS is what hurts the most...you guys aren't quitting over a crappy story, a bad WZ, lack of this or that...you're being forcibly removed.

This is what happens when you demand server merges. They're merging the servers. At least you're getting your guild ship.