No increased chance to learn higher tier items from deconstruction per patch notes

MasterCrumB

I am not seeing an increased chance to learn higher tier items from deconstruction for biochem and amormech, the % in the tool tip is the same as prior to today's patch for learning all gold biochem items: 5%. As well as the alacrity and abosrb augments armormech make still say 10%, not 20% like the critical and accuracy augments say from synthweaving and armstech. Edited by MasterCrumB

Thank God I saw this thread before logging in my biochem character or I would have been cursing! What gives Devs? Did you fix everything except biochem?

Well, you still have to make all the artifact assembly components now that the resource requirements are cheaper.

I also noticed that on a single full 40-count run of crafting the premium cell grafts, with all rank 50 companions, wearing a full +90 crit biochem amplifier suit, I got 66 cell grafts, which is much higher than the usual 58 I typically get from similar crafting runs.

So ... tooltip display error maybe? with the real rate fixed?

EDIT: Update, so I've done three full runs now and have 178 total, for effectively a 48% crit rate. Seems close or maybe slightly better than without the suit.

Edited by phalczen

It is not fixed. I thought that as well, but it took me over well over 200 medpacks to get a gold today. Now that could be just bad luck, but I am fairly confident they have not changed any of the percentage chances, at least in the case of biochem. As for the other crafting skills I do not know yet as I haven't started working on them today.

Honestly this looks like a case of dropped ball syndrome..

It is not fixed. I thought that as well, but it took me over well over 200 medpacks to get a gold today. Now that could be just bad luck, but I am fairly confident they have not changed any of the percentage chances, at least in the case of biochem. As for the other crafting skills I do not know yet as I haven't started working on them today.

Honestly this looks like a case of dropped ball syndrome..

Not dropped ball syndrome - don't give a crap syndrome.

They didn't care enough about crafting to assign sufficient resources to make sure it wasn't an incomplete mess when they dropped Onslaught, and they still don't care enough about crafting to assign sufficient resources to clean it up.

At best we'll get another BS type 'we hear you, we'll have more changes in a future patch' post.

Edited by DawnAskham

I did get the medpack to gold right away but I'm holding off on stims etc cause they're not worth the risk. The old stims are close enough but the medpack is actually almost twice as good as the old one. And to be fair the new stims are a lot more expensive as someone pointed out to me. So I'm not actually sure these new stims are worth it at all for those few extra points.

The augments did increase to a 20% chance though.

Wouldn't call it a truckload, but here's my experience with crafting so far. (It does help that attachments are down to 6 mats of each green, and no srms until purple) Sorry in advance if this is kind of a mess.

Biochem - mk0 268 implants showing a 60% re chance, but mk1 274 showing 20% chance

3 268s re'd on the first try with bulwark taking 4? tries

blue 278 implant showing 20% re various 8 tries fail

Green command, the only stim I don't have leveled up, showing 20% re. I did a 12 stack, so 3 crafts, and got blue.

Blue command, showing 20% chance, successful on first try of a 12 stack

Purple command, showing .. apparently no research available

Have the gold medpac already, tried med unit, no research available at purple.

Armormech- resistive armoring 274, showing 20% chance, took 4 re's

278 resistive showing 20% failed on 5 tries, success on the 7th.

Resistive 286 showing 10% failed first try (takes 8 matrix)

Onslaught jacket 268 showing 60%, first try fail, second success

Absorb augment showing 10% chance, 5 re's failure, went on the 6th

Synthweaving- versatile armoring 274, showing 20% re chance

Lost how many it took :/

278 versatile armoring 20% 5 tries failure

268 onslaught jacket showing 60% re chance, turned 274 on the first try.

onsalught jacket 274 - 20% failed on 3 tries

Critical augment showing 20% chance took 4 tries

Edited by Krazhez

I'm not even seeing an RE chance when I deconstruct a blue critical augment on my synthweaver. The augment was made before the current patch.

Edit: I do see an RE chance now with newly crafted items, for sythweaving at least.

Edited by Benirons

I wasn't paying to much attention but I think it took me like 9 or 10 tries to get legendary tier critical adrenal, 3 or 4 to get the artifact alacrity adrenal, and then I got lucky with the legendary only taking like 3 deconstructs. So I either got super lucky or it's just not displaying the correct values.

Edit: Just researched the artifact armormech augments. got lucky with absorb, only 7. But alacrity took 25 at 10% chance

But, I do have another issues and that's with crafting augments. Why was it seen as a good idea to need 2 different cell grafts, and why on earth would you require 3 different gathering skills? Does the team really feel that crafting needs to be any more of a time sink than it already is?

Either remove the oddball gathering skill or give us an easier way to get comps to 50 that doesn't require ~5m or our wallet so we can have a super fun time of cycling characters and sending them on missions.

Edited by fahdashq

I wish I had been keeping record of how many tries I have made to get from blue to purple med packs. I just assumed that I would succeed and kept on trying and trying and trying. It said 20%, I have totally lost track of how many attempts I have made. Feels very, very bad.

Either remove the oddball gathering skill or give us an easier way to get comps to 50 that doesn't require ~5m or our wallet so we can have a super fun time of cycling characters and sending them on missions.

Actually they did exactly that in 6.0. You get heaps of Jawa scraps, and you can use them not only to buy mats, but also companion gifts (blue and purple ones) - Maintenance and Delicacy,

Maintenance gifts are liked not only by cartel market droids, but also C2-N2, 2V-R8 and Scorpio.

Delicacy gifts are liked not only by cartel market beast companions, but also Koth Vortena (uhm... no I do not want to know...)

Those 4 companions are available after KOTET/FE (or just after skipping to Ossus) on everyone, though you might need to claim Koth/Scorpio from terminal on Odessen depending on your choices. So all you need to do is to feed them the blue gifts until level 30 and purple gifts until level 50.

If you want to be even more effective at that, besides unlocking a character perk that gives 30% more influence for gifts, you can also make a cheap set of 7 armor pieces/weapon/offhand with mods that have Inluential amplifier that gives another +2% influence upon gifting companion. The mods can be even low level ones in some legacy bound shells - you will only have it equipped when gifting the companion and you probably want to pass it around for other alts, so it does not matter what level of mod is there, just that is has the amplifier.

This way you don't have to spend credits, only mats (since you will convert the scraps to gifts instead of mats) and some time and will end up with 4 lvl 50 companions usable for crafting. For a non-fulltime crafter it is just enough to send them on missions or to crafting, for fulltime crafters it is a good start for getting the 8 companions to lvl 50 - they will have to spend something on the other 4, but they will make it back on GTN.

Advanced Kyrprax Medpac (Artifact) tooltip states 5%, same as prior to the patch. Took 5 attempts to RE before I gained the gold. Prior to the patch I'd RE'd ~30+ stacks and got nothing. Could just be RNG or could be the tooltip having not been updated.

Premium Kyrprax Versatile Stim (Green) tooltip states 20%. Took 2 attempts to RE for the blue.

Prototype Kyrprax Versatile Stim (Blue) tooltip states 20%. Took 11 attempts to RE for the purple.

Artifact Kyrprax Versatile Stim (Purple) tooltip states 5%, same as prior to the patch. RE 27 stacks and nothing learned.

If BioWare think they've increased the RE chances to anywhere near acceptable levels, they need to readjust that line of thought. It should not take this many materials to reverse engineer and learn schematics that are not top tier and being honest the reduction in mat requirements are nominal at best, an insult to players at worst. Equally said, top tier which are only usable by Biochem shouldn't take the type of quantity required based on a 5% RE chance that looks like it may well be the exact same as it was prior to the patch.

Increased the probability to learn an upgraded schematic from Deconstruction.

That patch note is misleading. BioWare 5% isn't an increase on 5%, it's the same probability. Plenty of feedback on the RE chances was provided to you in the feedback thread and yet you stubbornly left the RE chance the same. Are you actually listening to the feedback players are giving you?

Also this is misleading;

Wealthy yield Crew Skill Missions now reward more materials.

They still drop one single Legendary Ember.

For a wealthy yield mission that takes ~30 minutes to complete on a level 50 companion, that really isn't that great. I found the lack of detail on the patch notes in relation to crafting changes to be abysmal. The lack of detail is truly worrying, it's either BioWare trying to mislead players or even more concerning that they don't actually know what they are changing and are unable to provide us with detailed feedback.

As shown above by other players, there also seems to be inconsistency between similar items on the RE chances.

BioWare, what's going on? Care to explain?

Edited by Transcendent

I am not seeing an increased chance to learn higher tier items from deconstruction for biochem and amormech, the % in the tool tip is the same as prior to today's patch for learning all gold biochem items: 5%. As well as the alacrity and abosrb augments armormech make still say 10%, not 20% like the critical and accuracy augments say from synthweaving and armstech.

Tooltips probably didn't get updated. I got both purple recipes for armstech within four crafts each.

Tooltips probably didn't get updated. I got both purple recipes for armstech within four crafts each.

Maybe. I reverse engineered about 20 stacks of 4 purple fortitude stims, tooltip says 5%, never learned the schematic, so certainly seems as bad as the tooltip suggests, which is the same as per-6.0.2.

I did learn all the purple augments in relatively short order though, usually in 8-10 tries. Of course, when I saw how many processed isotope stabilizers, solid resource matrices, and legendary embers they use, for ten points (ok, 13) of tertiary stat difference (which is the only thing that matters since most end game stuff is locked down to 70)? How is that proportionate?

Blue augments and 5.x reusables will be just fine. I’m not impressed BioWare.

I had hopes for Update 6.0.2 but the % for deconstruction seem to be only updated in the description texts. :rolleyes:

Crafting in 6.0.x is still a pain Bioware. There is no single point of fun in the current 600+ crafting system.

(over 300 isotope stabilizers wasted without a single success sucks!) Get rid of the damn stabilizers or up the success chance dramaticly. The current system is only good for annoying customers.

Edited by Goemoe