[DM] I am looking to buy a normal, western male name

Lundorff

And now to something slightly different... :D

If anyone is willing to part with their normal, english male character name on DM then let me know. I am willing to pay up to 100 millions credits if I consider it particular noteworthy.

Rules:

1. The name can not contain any apostrophes or special characters.
  2. It can not be a 2-part name e.g. John Doe. Only first names.
  3. The name must, obviously, be tradable. You can test this by trying to register the name again, and if it say "Invalid name" then your name is glitched / reserved and can not be traded so to speak. It must say "Name unavailable".

And please don't waste my time and yours, by suggesting names with special characters or lamenting my horrid lack of creativity. I just prefer normal names like John, Peter, William, Kevin, Charles, Logan, Lucas, Michael etc.

Edited by Lundorff

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Best of luck with this. I wanted a particular name (my actual name) for my main character, and tried grabbing it in the pre-release weekend, at release, and several times after. There was no character that actually had the name (I tried befriending, on both factions, to check). I also ticketed customer service twice about it, but both times they completely misunderstood what I was going on about and gave useless form responses. Eventually I figured out the error message I got was due to the name being purposefully unavailable like Boba or Vader or whatever, because one character in one issue of a Marvel Star Wars comic had it and spoke it once. At some point however, the name has been made available and I now see someone else running around with it. I had to use a weird i in mine. *sigh*

Best of luck with this. I wanted a particular name (my actual name) for my main character, and tried grabbing it in the pre-release weekend, at release, and several times after. There was no character that actually had the name (I tried befriending, on both factions, to check). I also ticketed customer service twice about it, but both times they completely misunderstood what I was going on about and gave useless form responses. Eventually I figured out the error message I got was due to the name being purposefully unavailable like Boba or Vader or whatever, because one character in one issue of a Marvel Star Wars comic had it and spoke it once. At some point however, the name has been made available and I now see someone else running around with it. I had to use a weird i in mine. *sigh*

Indeed yes. Specific names are hard to get. Specific names that are reserved / glitched are neigh impossible to obtain. This is also why I am asking rather broadly for any male name. I would have paid BW to be Revan, but their customer support and flexibility is lost in the Stone Age.

Edited by Lundorff

You may want to consider adding a suffix to your name; example, Gary is not available but Garyford could be. Harry may not be available but Harron could be. Experiment with prefixes and suffixes; combine them with your preferred names and see if you get anything unique but still similar enough that you'd want to use. Also, as loathe as I am to see it used in real life, try adding or changing a letter here and there. Warren could become Waron; Jack could become Joch; David could become Dayvid.

You may want to consider adding a suffix to your name; example, Gary is not available but Garyford could be. Harry may not be available but Harron could be. Experiment with prefixes and suffixes; combine them with your preferred names and see if you get anything unique but still similar enough that you'd want to use. Also, as loathe as I am to see it used in real life, try adding or changing a letter here and there. Warren could become Waron; Jack could become Joch; David could become Dayvid.

Thank you but no. I am an elitist name snob and names must be pure in my world :o

I'm still bitter about losing my first character's name in this game, who was max lv with "normal" name and lost it back in the 2012 forced merges to a random lowbie who never even logged in :( QQ Edited by Kiesu

MY guild-mate has Jimmi which he might sell.

I have Indio and Teague which I'm happy to take offers on. I also have Henry - but you'd have to pay megabucks for.- -What kinda credits are you thinking, OP - Bear in mind that it's gonna have to be considerably more than a character rename token x 10.

TBH You're better off just making something uo - There's 1000s of names if you put in the work and be creative. - Or make yourself a time machine and go back to pre-launch. :D

Edited by Storm-Cutter

MY guild-mate has Jimmi which he might sell.

I have Indio and Teague which I'm happy to take offers on. I also have Henry - but you'd have to pay megabucks for.- -What kinda credits are you thinking, OP - Bear in mind that it's gonna have to be considerably more than a character rename token x 10.

TBH You're better off just making something uo - There's 1000s of names if you put in the work and be creative. - Or make yourself a time machine and go back to pre-launch. :D

This is my take on these names:

Jimmi: This is the "wrong" way to spell Jimmy and even the right way I would not really be interested.

Indio and Teague: Eh... no thanks :p

Henry: Yes this would be a perfect name, but a character rename x 10? No thank you. This thread is mostly just for anyone who has a normal name they are not using i.e. a level 1 character name holder or similar low level.

But thank you anyway :)

I wish you the best of luck in your search.

I was always under the impression that "real world" names were not allowed by the naming system and any that do exist were glitches.

My memory is from the game's launch, however, and could be wrong.

I feel pretty lucky in getting MOST of the names I got attached to in SWG working in this game.

I've also made some interesting ones up that I like.

Sadato

Bavmordia

Naesu

When they started allowing spaces in names I was able to create "Agent Mulder" and "Agent Scully" as names.

I was always under the impression that "real world" names were not allowed by the naming system and any that do exist were glitches. My memory is from the game's launch, however, and could be wrong.

Their naming policy has always been all over the place.

Restricted names:

Jane

Mary

Bob

James

John

Elijah

Jacob

Non-restricted names:

Liam

Noah

William

Logan

Benjamin

Mason

And the lists goes on.

This has nothing to add concerning your search for a buyable name, but I must add... I actually got "Donald Trump" saved on a toon prior to him becoming president right after they created the two name creation choice.

I took a long break came back and found the name still on the toon but requiring a name change once logged in. I refuse. I am going to keep that toon 4ever. It's not out of reverence for Emperor Trump, it's the principle that I got the name in the first place.

Every time I log in I get to view that character and know I beat the game. :rak_01:

I have a few characters from back in the days I managed to reclaim during the server merges but that I don't really play on, Andrea, Lukas, Jessie and Misha, 500mil per name, maybe 300m for Jessie, don't think I will ever use that name again. Edited by RikuvonDrake