Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer
×

Imaginary raid leaders

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > PvP
Imaginary raid leaders

anwg's Avatar


anwg
01.09.2013 , 05:37 PM | #1
"send 2 to snow".

Oh yeah? Who? From where? Who are you talking to?

TheJackalistaken's Avatar


TheJackalistaken
01.09.2013 , 05:41 PM | #2
wat
5char
Rhaffus Firebug-Pyro
Nothing Personal-The Bastion

criminalheretic's Avatar


criminalheretic
01.09.2013 , 05:41 PM | #3
Quote: Originally Posted by anwg View Post
"send 2 to snow".

Oh yeah? Who? From where? Who are you talking to?
Yeah. Anyone. From somewhere other than snow. Anyone that is not at snow.
What we don't understand, we can make mean anything.
Hyperspace Cannon -> Drooga's -> The Harbinger

Prettyevilish's Avatar


Prettyevilish
01.09.2013 , 05:47 PM | #4
Heaven forbid someone try to give constructive ideas during a PuG? Now, if you got to snow immediately after the call and it was overrun by 5 guys then you could question this person's leadership skills, otherwise what's your point?

The person trying to give ideas doesn't know what everyone is doing, but you know, if you happen to not be doing anything - or if the team is mopping up at mid and can spare you - you can probably spare yourself to go snow. If you are the sole healer at mid and you are the reason they are mopping up without dying then don't go, but you could give some additional direction to that idea since you know who isn't needed there at the moment. "A, C, you two go snow, we can hold it down here," is a great follow-up and is great communication amongst PuGs.

Sadly, people would rather QQ about someone trying to lead them than actually assist. Because everyone wants to be a special snowflake that does their own thing - and then whines because they can never win a match.

When I suggest people check snow it's always because they are overrunning the other node and that means snow is probably left unguarded. I'm sorry that I probably just got killed going grass in order to discover snow was likely unguarded, so I don't know what everyone else is doing and therefore can't give specific names for who should go, but I will give a suggestion (and if I have time on the speeder ride back in, I'll even add, 'grass is overrun so snow is probably empty, two go check it and try to cap', but there isn't always time for extra words in a WZ and I may not have died just yet so me holding on to life just a little longer over there could give you a chance to cap snow if you actually listened).

Chlomamf's Avatar


Chlomamf
01.09.2013 , 05:48 PM | #5
Quote: Originally Posted by anwg View Post
"send 2 to snow".

Oh yeah? Who? From where? Who are you talking to?
So according to your logic people shouldn't answer incs because the Inc caller isn't telling a specific person to come.

tweekbrand's Avatar


tweekbrand
01.09.2013 , 05:49 PM | #6
Quote: Originally Posted by criminalheretic View Post
Yeah. Anyone. From somewhere other than snow. Anyone that is not at snow.
You mean anyone other than the guy telling someone else to go to snow?
You know , the guy that recognizes no one else is at snow, but has the time to tell someone else to go, instead of going himself.
If you need help at snow, thats different.
But just saying "someone go snow so I can freely farm kills" is another thing.

Prettyevilish's Avatar


Prettyevilish
01.09.2013 , 05:52 PM | #7
Quote: Originally Posted by tweekbrand View Post
You mean anyone other than the guy telling someone else to go to snow?
You know , the guy that recognizes no one else is at snow, but has the time to tell someone else to go, instead of going himself.
If you need help at snow, thats different.
But just saying "someone go snow so I can freely farm kills" is another thing.
If the guy is respawning or on node guard elsewhere, he should just run snow? Riiiiight.

LanceCorporalDan's Avatar


LanceCorporalDan
01.09.2013 , 05:52 PM | #8
I agree that being specific helps... BUT you gotta think what if those PUGS don't listen and loose us the game? Being more general gives the entire team the opportunity to take initiative. The only drawback I consistently run into is that the team would overcompensate for an inc or call to attack.

PUG Life lol
Neves - 55 Vanguard
Dahkaras - 55 AssassinKeelaran - 55Juggernaut
Kalkaran - 55 MercenaryKallim - 55 Operative

Zunayson's Avatar


Zunayson
01.09.2013 , 05:55 PM | #9
op is probably telling the plan and dumb pugs dont understand (RHYMES)

i feel for op
Quote: Originally Posted by Uber_the_Goober View Post
Bioware couldn't balance a sheet of plywood if it were laying [sic] on the ground.
Quote: Originally Posted by Aragost View Post
Make sure you take 3/3 in the "knowing how to play" box

anwg's Avatar


anwg
01.09.2013 , 05:55 PM | #10
Quote: Originally Posted by LanceCorporalDan View Post
I agree that being specific helps... BUT you gotta think what if those PUGS don't listen and loose us the game? Being more general gives the entire team the opportunity to take initiative. The only drawback I consistently run into is that the team would overcompensate for an inc or call to attack.

PUG Life lol
"send 2 to snow" will eventually mean everyone end up at snow, that's just human nature.