False emperor last boss needs to be fixed!

Ok here's the problem: me and my friends ran false emperor a lot of times and this week we just had enough... all that because of last boss encounter mechanic. The problem lies in the fact that you need to bring the boss anywhere in the room but closs to a ledge so you can blast him off with the grenade they provide you. If it would only be that sure no problem but the boss retains his ablities during the entire fight and keeps knckbacking ppl at the end of the world so guess what happens when you need to throw the grenade but 1 sec before you can he knockbacks you. yup you get thrown litteraly to the end of the world cuz you end up outside the FP. And since he can still be defeated because members of your grp still remain inside you get locked out and then miss on loot and daily / weekly quest completion.

That's exactly what happened to me and one other member of my usual group. Then we were so pissed that we'll probably never do that cursed FP again until they fix that.

I mean how hard can it be to make it that either the boss at 10% and below enters a "semi-enraged" phase and start only to shoot his dumb lighting or he stays as he is but instead of blowing you out of the FP it makes you dead and your corpse appear on the brige at the center or something like that.

Another problem we've began so see is the poor integration of high dps grp in many encounters. False emperor's last boss is one. The boss does 2 phase in the fight the 2nd phase being the stun onthe grp while one member keeps fighting and cycle through all the grp up to the 4th stun and then enters the enrage timer shortly after. The encounter is designed to throw Malgus of the bridge after the 4th stun so you don't (in theory) get knockbacked of the bridge, but like my grp what happens is we get him to 10% after the 2nd stun so what then? we're supposed to dance with him 2 more stuns because we don't want to bet on being knockbacked or not? This is stupid.

Anyway I realy doubt they'll do something quick about it so it's pretty much a fair warning for everyone who will read this :)

I mean how hard can it be to make it that either the boss at 10% and below enters a "semi-enraged" phase and start only to shoot his dumb lighting

I'll assume you are not trolling but... This is exactly what happens. Though the % is I think 5%. But when he starts channeling, he no longer does anything else. It's quite a pain to move, but beside that once he starts channeling that's all he does.

I've killed him perhaps 20 times, and never noticed this behavior you speak of... I guess it's possible he bugged, but if it's true, it's either a new bug or a very rare one.

I'll assume you are not trolling but... This is exactly what happens. Though the % is I think 5%. But when he starts channeling, he no longer does anything else. It's quite a pain to move, but beside that once he starts channeling that's all he does.

I've killed him perhaps 20 times, and never noticed this behavior you speak of... I guess it's possible he bugged, but if it's true, it's either a new bug or a very rare one.

Well no i'm not trolling that's very not my style and yes it may be a new bug but the boss seems to constantly move when he gets to 10% as if he didnt know if he needs to random charge someone lik he does during the fight or start chaneling and he keeps knockbacking after the 10% mark trust me.

It's at 10% not 5%.

Well no i'm not trolling that's very not my style and yes it may be a new bug but the boss seems to constantly move when he gets to 10% as if he didnt know if he needs to random charge someone lik he does during the fight or start chaneling and he keeps knockbacking after the 10% mark trust me.

Make sure that your tank get his back to a pillar next to the stairs where he can throw grenades or force push him, even if he does bug and knock backs you'll have your back to the pillar and he'll quickly fall down. I've wiped 3-4 times getting him towards the bridge.

Make sure that your tank get his back to a pillar next to the stairs where he can throw grenades or force push him, even if he does bug and knock backs you'll have your back to the pillar and he'll quickly fall down. I've wiped 3-4 times getting him towards the bridge.

Well my frustration comes mainly from the fact that if you get knocked down the ledge you get thrown out of the FP which is a nonsense for me.

Not trying to troll or anything like that but I have not noticed any issues with this encounter on Hardmode or otherwise.

Personally I tank him on the stairs with my back to the wall, and then just run him to the bridge while keeping to the pillars that line either side. Also keeping in mind that the dps should have thier backs either to the stairs/the way you came/or one of the many pillars lining the bridge. I have not had any problems moving Malgus or him not following me.

Well my frustration comes mainly from the fact that if you get knocked down the ledge you get thrown out of the FP which is a nonsense for me.

Then don't position yourself (or your party) like that, it's not hard. I've never ever seen anyone knocked down while bringing him over to push him down. You realize that you are probably just doing it wrong? Yes.. you are making mistakes, who would've thought?

Tip:

At 20%. Move him into position.

Continue DPS.

Knockback and win.

Position your self so when you do get knocked back... you don't die from it or what ever.

Put your back to an open area. It's not hard.

Edited by Areoss

If that's your frustration know that it is an intended mechanic and not a bug, if you get a knockback down the ledge then tell your team to wipe themselves, if they don't it's your fault for not being careful about knockbacks - NOT including a bug where he still continues to knockback below 10%.

I have also experienced the same as the OP where one in my party gets pushed over the ledge, we kill the boss, and he cant loot, or get the completion of the FP. This is surely a bug as if you die on any other boss the group kills you can run in/ get ressed and loot.

You say you get him down to about 10% after 2nd stun? I think that is mildly impossible but if you do that, you can just dps him to death... He only goes immune and need to be thrown off at 9% after the 4th stun. Only after the 4th stun and 9% does he stop doing knockbacks, so if you like you say get him to 10% after 2nd, that's why he still does it and I cannot grasp how you never attempted to just kill him like any other mob cause he doesn't go immune?

This happened to me today as well as another run where a friend of mine was thrown out. Even after he gets to 10% he knocked me off and out of instance. I'm fine with dying, but not receiving credit for the flashpoint and not being able to access the loot is unacceptable. It is pretty much an entire run down the drain.

the only time i've ever had issues with this boss is when I force pushe him off, during his ligtning and he landed on a littel outcropping below, he didnt die, and he owned us from down there, but other htan that, the last person in the stun of 4, needs to take him to the bridge.

weird. this is the easiest boss we encountered so far. even on HM he is just pathetically easy to kill IMO, so i think you just need a bit more group work.

As was mentioned - start moving him at abt 15%. Bear in mind that he has no AOE push, but instead his push is based on the line b/w him and the target of his jump.

So, at 15% tank starts pulling him along the bridge and at the same time positions him/herself so that in case pushed - he/she just slides along the bridge, not hard, really.

The entire group stays on the other side in the similar way so that in case he jumps (and that jump-push is random) they are thrown on the stairs.

As soon as he hits 10% (depending on the situation by the way. One time he started his doubt act when he was at 11% ... so after he stunned us all and selected the tank for 1-1 fight he ended with 1% total HP left :) )he will ONLY chain lightning. he will not do anything else. And pushing him off the bridge will be very easy by then.