World PvP ever returning?

Hairyzac

Is world PvP ever coming back to this game? I would like an answer. I've payed lots of money since the release of this game. I pay real life money to PvP. World PvP was removed and we have heard nothing about it since. Since then other games are coming out with world PvP and still this game has none. It has come to the point where people are running their own PvP events on servers. Players come and ignore the rules set in place and mess things up so the events don't ever really go smoothly. Anything being refereed by players is a double edged sword. There are no rules that can't be broken because there are no consequences.

Is this what we have to look forward to for the future of world PvP? Allison ask your boy Peckenpaugh what the heck is going on with world PvP. You owe that to your loyal subscribers who pay you their hard earned money.

I'll end my post by saying I realize the odds of Allison or any dev coming in here with a response is probably ZERO. The only dev response on the PvP forums in months was just recently posted in a smash/jugg thread. There is a reason 10m people play World of Warcraft. Developers have PVP discussions with the player base on a day to day basis in that game. In SWTOR, you are lucky to hear from a developer on the PvP forums once a month.

There is a rumore that Ilum will be rivived sometime in early 2013 with an event focused around the battle grounds. the rumor also states that the battle grounds will be redesigned.

Ofcourse this is just rumor, we'll all have to wait and see. Unfortunately, even if this is true we will run into the same problmes as when Ilum was alive and well. more that 20 players in one area will mess up FPS pretty good. Still though, I'd take a lesser FPS to slaughter people on Ilum again.

There is a rumore that Ilum will be rivived sometime in early 2013 with an event focused around the battle grounds. the rumor also states that the battle grounds will be redesigned.

Ofcourse this is just rumor, we'll all have to wait and see. Unfortunately, even if this is true we will run into the same problmes as when Ilum was alive and well. more that 20 players in one area will mess up FPS pretty good. Still though, I'd take a lesser FPS to slaughter people on Ilum again.

PvPers need some love, there is really a lot of people who will come back to the game with more Opvp options. Hope that rumor become true

Well I don't expect anything to be coming in January. Especially if one measly person who actually works with the PvP team can't be bothered to visit the PvP forums. They promise us the world, then as usual yank it from us in the 11th hour IE: ranked wzs.

World PVP can't really be revived until the game engine is optimized. The biggest problem with Ilum IMO (other than the faction imbalance) was that when more than 20+ people were in the same area fighting/AOEing, the game turns into a slideshow.

I agree...we need more world pvp objectives and rewards. Not just warzones. Right now WZ are it! And, people are quitting. Something needs to happen, or else there will be hardly anyone left when 2013 arrives. This game can be great! However, right now it's the same old thing over and over again.. in the pvp aspect of TOR that is. More people continue to leave looking for better pvp..

Also would like to see more rewards for Valor Ranking. Atleast color crystals, hilts and items for other classes? It does not have to be a game changer..atleast a unique looking item. Heck,Maybe when you reach Elite, you will be rewarded with a lava or permafrost crystal. (That is just a example) However, it's something to look forward to. I am only a Warhero at the moment. But, it would be fun to add more rewarding and rare items ingame. Right now everyone runs around with exactly the same thing. And, they are pretty easy to get. With nothing great to look forward to..the game gets a bit boring. And people can argue about this all they want. However, population speaks for itself.

I'm not sure if this would be possible but could they make a new world PVP zone, using a modified engine just for that zone?

I'm thinking, we have to sit through long load times when arriving at some planets, why not make Ilum 2.0 a "new" instance all its own which is rendered on your computer only when you zone in. This new instance would use an engine optimized for large scale PVP, sacrificing a bit of graphics quality maybe.