Maintenance: January 15th, 2019

EricMusco

• Dev Post

Hey everyone!

We will be taking the servers offline on Tuesday, January 15th in order to apply Game Update 5.10b. The website will also be unavailable during this time. You will notice this is an extended maintenance because in addition to 5.10b we are also finishing up some back-end upgrades.

Details:

DATE: 15 January 2019

TIME: 4:00AM - 10:00AM PST (1200 - 1800 GMT)

VERSION: 5.10b

Patch Notes will be available on Tuesday, here. In the meantime here is an initial list of fixes:

• Granny has been found! Various decorations will now show their correct appearance instead of the text “Missing Granny”.
  • Galactic headhunters have been successful in restoring a number of male head options which were not showing up as intended.
  • Players who acquire Paxton Rall will no longer see Darth Hexid become unsummonable. Note: Players who are already in this state will be resolved in 5.10.1.
  • Corrected an issue where in rare circumstances players would score every time they picked up the Huttball.

We know there are still some key issues that have not yet been resolved following 5.10. Just a couple of examples are set bonuses not stacking properly and Companions in odd states following 5.10. These issues are scheduled to be resolved in 5.10.1 in February.

Thank you for your patience as we maintain Star Wars™: The Old Republic™!

-eric

Edited by EricMusco

• Replies 109
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hey everyone!

We will be taking the servers offline on Tuesday, January 15th in order to apply Game Update 5.10b. The website will also be unavailable during this time. You will notice this is an extended maintenance because in addition to 5.10b we are also finishing up some back-end upgrades.

Details:

Patch Notes will be available on Tuesday, here. In the meantime here is an initial list of fixes:

• Granny has been found! Various decorations will now show their correct appearance instead of the text “Missing Granny”.
  • Galactic headhunters have been successful in restoring a number of male head options which were not showing up as intended.
  • Players who acquire Paxton Rall will no longer see Darth Hexid become unsummonable. Note: Players who are already in this state will be resolved in 5.10.1.
  • Corrected an issue where in rare circumstances players would score every time they picked up the Huttball.

We know there are still some key issues that have not yet been resolved following 5.10. Just a couple of examples are set bonuses not stacking properly and Companions in odd states following 5.10. These issues are scheduled to be resolved in 5.10.1 in February.

-eric

any progress on cant sharing weekly while in ops group bug?

Yeah just an acknowledgment that you know about the rotating weekly bug for GSF wins and other things like other broken decorations would be swell. “We have the fixes planned for 5.10.1 or if we can squeeze them into 5.10b we will” would be icing on the cake.

Kil'cik. Kil'cik. Kil'cik. Kil'cik. Kil'cik. Kil'cik. Kil'cik. Kil'cik. Kil'cik.

Kil'cik. Kil'cik. Kil'cik. Kil'cik. Kil'cik. Kil'cik. Kil'cik. Kil'cik. Kil'cik.

Before I forget: Kil'cik. Fix it please. It's annoying 24 people at a time, many times a day.

And for the love of god, fix the rewards for the Ossus weekly so we can pick a reward directly, instead of relying on RNG to reliably serve us pieces we have no use for and can only disintegrate because they can't be shared with alts. This is really really really really demotivating.:rolleyes:

And for the love of god, fix the rewards for the Ossus weekly so we can pick a reward directly, instead of relying on RNG to reliably serve us pieces we have no use for and can only disintegrate because they can't be shared with alts. This is really really really really demotivating.:rolleyes:

I'm okay with that. There is a work around for the rng in buying 252 gear directly. The problem is the work around is too slow.

What I think is a better fix that still gives incentive to grind gear, but speeds up the "bad luck" protection of buying 252, is increasing the drop rate of 252 boxes and masterwork data crystals in command crates. I don't know what it is now, but I've opened a ton of boxes since 5.10 and gotten 1 252 box and 0 crystals. That needs to be increased a lot. It might not be the most fun way for players, but it keeps the spirit of what they are aiming for without it taking months or 5 of the same AC to finish. Plus the command system doesn't seem to have much of a reason to exist now.

Hallo miteinander!

Am 15. Januar werden wir die Server herunterfahren, um Spiel-Update 5.10b aufzuspielen. In diesem Zeitraum wird die Website ebenfalls nicht erreichbar sein.

Details:

DATUM: 15. Januar 2019

ZEIT: 1300Uhr MESZ bis 1900Uhr MESZ

Danke für eure Geduld, während wir die Dienste für Star Wars™: The Old Republic™ aktualisieren.

Incorrect: "1300Uhr MESZ bis 1900Uhr MESZ"

Correct: "1300Uhr MEZ bis 1900Uhr MEZ"

Additional information:

"Central European Summer Time" (CEST) = "Mitteleuropäische Sommerzeit" (MESZ)

"Central European Time" (CET) = "Mitteleuropäische Zeit" (MEZ)

Details:

Really? My opportunity to create a superb invisible man character has been thwarted over and above:

We know there are still some key issues that have not yet been resolved following 5.10. Just a couple of examples are set bonuses not stacking properly and Companions in odd states following 5.10.

Companions in odd states? Is that what you're calling my Quinns & Koths becoming unsummonable? Could be worse I suppose, you could have said "companions in compromising positions" :D It would be nice before Feb '19 if there could be a list of companion issues acknowledged and assurances that they will be fixed in 5.10.1, thanks.

We only get 3 crystals on a toon per week (4 if you pay the ridiculous cost on second UC purchase). Seems kind of important, any update or at least acknowledgement?

What is this 4th Crystal you speak of? I get one from the weekly, one from the time limited quest and one if I exchange some unassembled components (so maximum of 3). Are you getting your others from the OP?

Well I hope the stuff with the companion fixes in February will include my Imp's losing Koth and my Warrior's losing Quinn immediately on starting Ossus. It sucks to have to wait that long but I'll do so if it means I'll actually get them back, especially Quinn as I can't resummon him from the terminal unlike Koth who I can. :mad:

Before I forget: Kil'cik. Fix it please. It's annoying 24 people at a time, many times a day.

Please yes change the way we receive the gear! Please no more random chance at this level. It IS demotivating to get the same item 2-3 times. It's more and more obvious we are getting strung along in a perpetual gear chase, and in the end....for what? The longer it takes the more monthly subscriptions keep rolling in? Or the longer it takes, people decide to take long breaks in between updates, or just quit?

It's a fine line, but when I no longer hear my character speaking in some of the end-game material, I'm realizing we may be getting to the end. Example is Paxton Rall speaks, but my characters do not, and character interactions are what make this game awesome in my opinion.

Unfortunately, there are so many little bugs in the game, I can only hope something can breathe new life into the game, on top of fixing everything.

Hey everyone!

Nice, another maintenance that will be extended by X hours... just wondering what you're gonna break this time, with your "back-end upgrades".

Patch Notes will be available on Tuesday, here.

When are you going to give us patch notes on the same day you actually announce the patch? Or at least a couple of days before the maintenance? Why are you always waiting to publish them on patching day?

-eric

So, you call them "key issues" and yet you wasted time by fixing missing heads and missing texts? Way to go BioWare!

The day you won't disappoint your playerbase, will be the day the world's ending starts.

Weekly ops missions share is still broken, on Starforge. Any update on this?

Missions can't be shared when forming ops groups for daily group finder ops- sharing missions is sort of a key game feature.

When shared they appear on everyone's screen, but clicking accept doesn't grant anyone the mission. We are summoning everyone to the mission terminal before queing as a work around but share seems like something that should just work.

Hey everyone!

Details:

-eric

Ok, thanks. Is there any information when ranked season 10 will end? In previous messages it was said that starting with season 10 pvp seasons will last 3-6 months. Can we expect season 10 end in February.

Edited by bladech

Any plans to fix the giant lag on Coruscant? Dunno if it's just on my server or all of them but on Darth Malgus Coruscant there is an unbearably annoying delay happening right now. And it's not my connection because pretty much everyone I have asked on Coruscant is getting the same issue. Is it because Coruscant is FULL of players? If so, why isnt there the same lag on other heavily populated areas? Been happening long enough to annoy me on two separate playthroughs now, so if this is a problem on your side, fix it asap. Edited by uuuuuuuuuuuuuuuu

Hey everyone!

Details:

-eric

How about unbinding the decorations and fixing the Jedi artifact mission in the library?

Pls will you fix quest sharing bug? This is so annoying :mad: especially if you're raiding all day and it takes hours until everyone went to get the quests from the terminal x.x

Just tell us if you'll fix it with this patch or if I'll have to prepare for some more annoying weeks of waiting for party members to get their quest instead of raiding...

When you mention "companions in odd states," I really hope there is some intention to fix the way the companions don't keep up with the PCs to heal or fight now. It's frustrating to have them hanging back and staring into space when you're trying to complete content.

Sadly, this is a issue that has been ingame since 4.0 broke all the companions due to deleting the original companion coding to make way for the KOTFE+ onward "new" companion data. In making all companions now all 3 specs (in essence there are only 12 companion templates ingame now, and basically all companions are just clones with different voices and skins (hence the companions speaking different companions voice lines bug.), it caused the coding data that made companions follow you and follow the targets for combat, to get deleted or disconnecting in the activation sequence.

So sadly, this issue is not going to be fixed as easy as the issues added with 5.10. I mean if they fix it, BOO-FREAKING-YAH!!! Been waiting for 3 freaking years for them to fix it! But since its been 3 years and they still havnt fixed it...….don't count on it being fixed.