Devs, How About an Emergency Patch?

Ylliarus

Really, I don't know what happened, but patch 6.1.2 was terribly buggy. All that time you wasted on redesigning the social UI frame, could have been spent on QA testing, but no... you had to waste time and resources on redesigning something that worked perfectly fine.

The game needs an emergency patch after the debacle that was patch 6.1.2. You also need to restore the old social UI frame in this emergency patch and apologise for the mistake you have made. Players on the PTS forums told you not to put in the social UI bar change. You ignored their feedback and went ahead with it anyway. This was shameful and now you have to mend the breach of trust you caused between the players and yourselves.

Seriously, after patch 6.1.2. we need an emergency patch to fix all that was damaged, ASAP. Don't wait for months to fix these things, you need to fix these things, right now.

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Yes the UI thing is ugly, but it’s not game breaking or needs a patch.

What does need fixing is the quick start bug and other bugs. That needs an emergency patch in the next 24 hours or I’m unsubbing again. As I’m sure many other people already have because they can’t play.

Edited by TrixxieTriss

Imagine complaining about a simple UI change and demanding a rollback patch. :confused::confused::confused:

Is this for real? A simpleton could click the "down arrow" on the new UI to minimize, then drag to the exact same position pre-patch: directly above your chat bar. It doesn't take a patch or a PHD to move around a piece of the UI, just 5 seconds of your life -- per toon. Honestly, I'm starting to think this is a huge forum hoax/troll someone organized on discord...

As for real bugs, such as being stuck in Quick Play mode (can't log in to any toon but starting planet lowbies), then I agree that something needs to be done quickly to avoid losing subs. It took me 6 hours to reinstall the game via ethernet cable and M.2 drive to fix. Ridiculous.

PS - I can see that the new UI could be annoying if you have 100+ toons, but this is the only bit of empathy I can muster.

Edited by Rion_Starkiller

PS - I can see that the new UI could be annoying if you have 100+ toons, but this is the only bit of empathy I can muster.

you're missing the part where it doesn't stay, and reerts back to the original position on people, not just once, but every time they move, and on some, the damn thing keeps opening behind their chat bar.

It's like if you broke your foot, and you tried to complain, and an amputee came along and said, shut up, at least you have a foot.

Just because one issue isn't a big issue to you, doesn't mean it isn't to others.

you're missing the part where it doesn't stay, and reerts back to the original position on people, not just once, but every time they move, and on some, the damn thing keeps opening behind their chat bar.

It's like if you broke your foot, and you tried to complain, and an amputee came along and said, shut up, at least you have a foot.

Just because one issue isn't a big issue to you, doesn't mean it isn't to others.

Sure, that's a great analogy if your amputated foot takes 5 seconds to regrow. But I'm guessing feet take a bit longer.

I haven't heard of this particular issue from any of the guilds I'm in, nor mentioned in any of the discords I'm in, so I'm guessing it's pretty rare? I have two machines, and don't have this issue on either. I have noticed that some toons occasionally get reset after quitting the game, but I suspect that's because I didn't exit the game properly.

FYI, your UI is in a saved file. So if .. say.. your UI you use for every toon is name "beruhl 2" (like mine), you may need to log in to your "beruhl 2" toon that created the first UI to save properly.

PS - that almost sounds like it could also be a resolution issue with the game. Try changing your resolution. Save. Then revert back. Additionally, you could try changing to full screen, or full screen windowed and back. Let me know if that has any effect.

Edited by Rion_Starkiller

Well, that went way over your head.....

I haven't heard of this particular issue from any of the guilds I'm in, nor mentioned in any of the discords I'm in, so I'm guessing it's pretty rare? I have two machines, and don't have this issue on either. I have noticed that some toons occasionally get reset after quitting the game, but I suspect that's because I didn't exit the game properly.

so the 8 to 10 (or more) forum threads, and the nearly 100 (possibly more) posts are rare????? If it was rare, why would there be so many threads? And I've no idea what server you are on, or even guilds , but it's been mentioned a lot on SF, and in some of the biggest guilds there. Again, just because you don't have an issue, or think it's beneath you, it doesn't mean it'ss not an issue for others.

Edited by DarkTergon

EA probably wanted more marketing of CM stuff and the drop down UI was the result. It was (edit) probably approved by mgrs who will just give it time to see if there's an uptick in sales. Sentimentality over an old UI element does not move a marketing team when the boss wants to increase the margin. Only a decrease in sales attributable to the change will have an impact. Maybe.

:(

The bugs though, especially the creepy "body deformation" thing, yuck.

-=-=-=-=-=-

Edited by Tseeva
revision

FYI, your UI is in a saved file. So if .. say.. your UI you use for every toon is name "beruhl 2" (like mine), you may need to log in to your "beruhl 2" toon that created the first UI to save properly.

PS - that almost sounds like it could also be a resolution issue with the game. Try changing your resolution. Save. Then revert back. Additionally, you could try changing to full screen, or full screen windowed and back. Let me know if that has any effect.

I'd not had this issue for days of actively playing for hours, then had it reset its position about 50 times on one day (on two characters that had been fine before) then no resetting again since then. I'd played mostly class stories on the 'resetting day', mostly flashpoints, operations, dailies and heroics on the days that were fine, so that may be a factor, but since it was just the one day for me, I can't rule out coincidence either. Either way, it has definitely shifted me from considering this to be an annoyance, deterioration in the name of progress, to wanting it gone ASAP.

Having to drag that thing out of the way every time you blink gets rather maddening.

got booted off line yesterday afternoon after no problems, but have been experiencing log in trouble for the past few weeks. i think it's a mix of the launcher and my internet being wonky. i get the blank server screen a lot. i have to close and re log in 2-3 times before it brings up the server list or just takes me to my character screen like the good ol' days :confused:

i have to actually click the "connect" button when i play BF2, but never get booted offline once i do that on that game.

Edited by Volcinar

Imagine complaining about a simple UI change and demanding a rollback patch. :confused::confused::confused:

Is this for real? A simpleton could click the "down arrow" on the new UI to minimize, then drag to the exact same position pre-patch: directly above your chat bar. It doesn't take a patch or a PHD to move around a piece of the UI, just 5 seconds of your life -- per toon. Honestly, I'm starting to think this is a huge forum hoax/troll someone organized on discord...

As for real bugs, such as being stuck in Quick Play mode (can't log in to any toon but starting planet lowbies), then I agree that something needs to be done quickly to avoid losing subs. It took me 6 hours to reinstall the game via ethernet cable and M.2 drive to fix. Ridiculous.

If you read the OP closely, the emergency patch should occur for all the bugs that have been introduced with this patch. 6.1.2 is filled with bugs that seriously show a glaring lack of QA testing for this patch.

The emergency patch should not happen because of the UI frame rework. They should include a return to the old Social UI bar in an emergency patch, but the primary reason for an emergency patch should be fixing bugs like the female texture model bug, or the countless of issues with the new CM items or dozens of players being forced into Quick Play mode.

I seriously wish people learned to read what people are writing, or at least took the time to properly read other people's posts.

If you read the OP closely, the emergency patch should occur for all the bugs that have been introduced with this patch. 6.1.2 is filled with bugs that seriously show a glaring lack of QA testing for this patch.

The emergency patch should not happen because of the UI frame rework. They should include a return to the old Social UI bar in an emergency patch, but the primary reason for an emergency patch should be fixing bugs like the female texture model bug, or the countless of issues with the new CM items or dozens of players being forced into Quick Play mode.

I seriously wish people learned to read what people are writing, or at least took the time to properly read other people's posts.

Or better - if someone doesn't have an issue personally, just don't say anything.

Adding an 'it hasn't happened for me, so therefore it must not be a real issue' is just trolling.

And yes, the new UI element is buggy, and should be reverted and not returned unless or until it does not have such bugs AND is added to the UI editor with full player control over whether to show or not, reposition, resize, set transparency, etc.

Also the headless character when interacting with objects bug, the issues with the launcher / patching / quick play bug, crew skills being reset and locked at 600 when previously at 700, etc should all have been addressed by now.

Edited by DawnAskham

Or better - if someone doesn't have an issue personally, just don't say anything.

Adding an 'it hasn't happened for me, so therefore it must not be a real issue' is just trolling.

And yes, the new UI element is buggy, and should be reverted and not returned unless or until it does not have such bugs AND is added to the UI editor with full player control over whether to show or not, reposition, resize, set transparency, etc.

Also the headless character when interacting with objects bug, the issues with the launcher / patching / quick play bug, crew skills being reset and locked at 600 when previously at 700, etc should all have been addressed by now.

I agree completely. It's as if they were saying "I have just eaten and am not hungry, so no one in the world can be hungry". It's a ludicrous way of thinking.

The new UI frame is very much bugged, as from what I have seen and heard it overrides Interface set-ups people have had and mess them up completely. The bar also keeps unfolding when people have rolled it up and not to mention how completely messed up the Friends counter is in the new UI bar. It's complete trash.

I don't mind the new UI element, but it would be nice if it stayed where I put it. I may be old, but even I don't complain that it just has icons instead of words. 😂

Then you don't understand the issue.

The issue is that the devs took something that worked perfectly fine, wasted time and resources on reworking and redesigning it and ended up introducing some worse, impractical and bugged beyond belief. All that time and all the resources that they spent on that UI rework, should have been spent on QA testing of patch 6.1.2 because it's unbelievable how bugged it is. That is why people complain about the UI rework. On top of that, players had given feedback extensively on the PTS forums that they didn't like the new social UI frame and that they didn't want to see it implemented into the game that way. The devs ignored all the feedback that was given and as such, created a major breach of trust between developer and player. Because if they ask for feedback, why do they ignore it?

Those are the reasons why players are angry and complain about the UI rework. It's not because the UI bar was changed, it's how it was done and at what cost. Because precious development time and resources were wasted on something that needed no rework in the first place and as a result, patch 6.1.2 is a bug-filled disaster.

Yes the UI thing is ugly, but it’s not game breaking or needs a patch.

What does need fixing is the quick start bug and other bugs. That needs an emergency patch in the next 24 hours or I’m unsubbing again. As I’m sure many other people already have because they can’t play.

I know you are quite critical of BW just like I am, but when it comes to this UI window issue, I won't try to tell others it's not a big deal even though for me, it's really not.

It sounds like many have trouble moving it, perhaps these people have issues with eye sight or other physical problems that cause them to be unable to use this "drag and move" style window. Also, if their accounts are accurate, it sounds like some people have issues with it never locking into place etc.

As usual, instead of just giving people some assurance they are aware of it, and will/can/may/will not fix it soon, BW remains silent allowing time and frustration to boil over into immense resentment. I reached that point years ago, and now every misstep just confirms in my mind why I resent BW so much.

This is the worst company ever in the history of MMOs when it comes to communicating with their player base. It's so bad there's no question this failure on their behalf over the years has had a substantial effect on player retention. People hate nothing more than to be ignored, especially paying customers.

If only there was a way to test patches before going live. Like a Test Server or something. This would help them out with squashing some of the major bugs and allow players to give feedback on what's going on in the patch.

If only there was a way to test patches before going live. Like a Test Server or something. This would help them out with squashing some of the major bugs and allow players to give feedback on what's going on in the patch.

This is an excellent idea! I can't believe it's never been done before, or, for that matter even thought about! Genius, I tell you, pure genius this is! :D

I was lucky to miss any bugs on it. Just minimalized the ugly stuff, put it in upper left corner where it used to be and it looks almost the same as it did before the 'fix', just with an arrow pointing down.

Same. Once I learned how to move the GG I was problem free. Well, except for the matt storage and legacy currency... Sly fix to increase micro transactions.

Adding an 'it hasn't happened for me, so therefore it must not be a real issue' is just <Redacted>

I was thinking this myself, but any time I use the T word I get banned, or in trouble...lol

I don't mind the new UI element, but it would be nice if it stayed where I put it. I may be old, but even I don't complain that it just has icons instead of words. 😂

Personally I prefer the old UI, but if we are stuck with the new one (I don't think they've ever rolled back something like this, or if they have i don't remember) , it should at least stay where it was put, and they fixed it so it could be edited like people need it too be. And of course, remove the CM stuff (or make sure it stays closed)

Well, except for the matt storage and legacy currency... Sly fix to increase micro transactions.

They've increased micro transactions?

Edited by DarkTergon

They've increased micro transactions?

Bounty Contract Farming and Mat Farming were quick ways to get credits without selling CM items, especially the Mats. I would run Heroics and gather Mats at the same time. When I was done I could buy several decorations or Cartel Packs on the GTN. All my credits since coming back have been selling Cartel Items exclusively. So yeah I think it increase CC usage.

Edited by AceMasterSoul

Bounty Contract Farming and Mat Farming were quick ways to get credits without selling CM items, especially the Mats. I would run Heroics and gather Mats at the same time. When I was done I could buy several decorations or Cartel Packs on the GTN. All my credits since coming back have been selling Cartel Items exclusively. So yeah I think it increase CC usage.

Very interesting way to look at it, a lot of people used to sell the BH contracts, although I think the mat farming has actually increased a lot lately, the ones used for CQ have shot up in value. Some people have actually stopped crafting, and just sell the mats now.

Edited by DarkTergon

Very interesting way to look at it, a lot of people used to sell the BH contracts, although I think the mat farming has actually increased a lot lately, the ones used for CQ have shot up in value. Some people have actually stopped crafting, and just sell the mats now.

Perhaps because there's no endgame crafting worth a fig, aside from Augs and Bio stuffs.

Back to the UI-

The behaviour of this new window is highly erratic. I didn't see it fully open or even realise it opened until yesterday. It was just appearing in its collapsed form, and moving it was a minor hassle. Yesterday I messed with it and got it to open, and now the (insert multiple pungent vulgarities here) thing is appearing fully open every time I login. Sometimes it re-positions itself when I QT or TP, and sometimes it does not.

Sometimes it re-positions itself when I change toons, and sometimes it does not.

I repeat, the behaviour of this new window is highly erratic.

Really, I don't know what happened, but patch 6.1.2 was terribly buggy. All that time you wasted on redesigning the social UI frame, could have been spent on QA testing, but no... you had to waste time and resources on redesigning something that worked perfectly fine.

The game needs an emergency patch after the debacle that was patch 6.1.2. You also need to restore the old social UI frame in this emergency patch and apologise for the mistake you have made. Players on the PTS forums told you not to put in the social UI bar change. You ignored their feedback and went ahead with it anyway. This was shameful and now you have to mend the breach of trust you caused between the players and yourselves.

Seriously, after patch 6.1.2. we need an emergency patch to fix all that was damaged, ASAP. Don't wait for months to fix these things, you need to fix these things, right now.

I don't think they care what any of us think. If they did, the shower of ***** that is the current UI would never had happened without more testing.

If, however there is anyone with the right influence left at BW that does care, +1 for putting back the pre 6.1.2 UI. If they really must change the UI** re-test with us via PTS and LISTEN and ACT BEFORE GOING LIVE this time.

**due to someone non-gamer-mad-with-power-office-suit-twit who put it in their annual update quota contract