Elara Dorne Customization Issues

Insomnio

I had already romanced Elara, talked about marriage and children and have had a relationship with her for some time. Then I reach the late game planet Belsavis and find a vendor that sells Dorne customization....

I imagine our in game life conversation "I love you and married you for the person you are honey, but would you put on some make up and a wig so I don't recognize the person ive come to know and love?"

I like the fact that you have the customization available, though since it applies to the second companion (and romancable) you partner with far earlier in the game, you should certainly be able to customize Elara far sooner in game.

Racial discrimination? Really?

This is why there can not be any open and honest discussions about these kinds of topics in real life. People either try to silence the other person or group if they don't agree with them 100% or they throw terms like this around so nonchalantly and egregiously that it loses any and all meaning.

Ugh /facepalm

If you have a ship, I'm pretty sure you can travel anywhere. So you could've picked up that customization earlier, had you known it was there.

On a side note... I don't know what Elara is doing with you, especially a miser like you. I just hope it was a fling, because I can't handle her constantly cheating on my Trooper.

I much prefer darker women. I did not know Jaxxo would return to the storyline later in the game, and at that point I was involved with Elara and so instead of going for the darkside hook up I stayed true to my relationship- even though I prefer darker women like Jaxxo.

Does it not make sense to have a character customization available when the character is introduced, rather than at the end of the storyline? Mako has customization options right when you start her companionship- why is Elara forced to be white until the end of story mode?

Mako has customization options right when you start her companionship- why is Elara forced to be white until the end of story mode?

What you mean end of story mode ?

The moment you have a companion (so when it's not a guest anymore in your companion list) you can travel to multiple planets and get multiple companion looks.

http://www.swtor-spy.com/guides/swtor-companion-appearance-customization/

Here a guide for you. ^^

The moment you have a companion (so when it's not a guest anymore in your companion list) you can travel to multiple planets and get multiple companion looks.

Here a guide for you. ^^

I guess I see your point, I could have potentially gone to Belsavis and sought out the customization if I knew it was available. That would require "cheating" and looking up guides, and half of the fun of a game is the exploring, learning and leveling process.

I like to take my time and go through the planets in the appropriate order- when traveling on the star map it tells you what level range each planet is intended to accomodate.

Elara comes very early in the game, and Belsavis is a late level 42+ planet, can you see the problem?

Here a guide for you. ^^

I understand what your saying and agree with you in principle, however I feel the need to point out that 20k credits for a low level character isn't exactly pocket change ;) Not long after getting Raina Temple on Hoth, my IA ended up on Belsavis and got her one of the Customizations that I like so the 20k really was pocket change at that point. Earlier in the game though, by the time you can afford a customization (if you don't like the free ones), you're already so used to their default appearance that it does feel wierd to change at that point. I guess, I see both sides of this one. It would be nice if we could choose the appearance of our comps before we meet them in game, but I could see that being a programming nightmare and there are other more important things I'd like to see in game.

I guess I see your point, I could have potentially gone to Belsavis and sought out the customization if I knew it was available. That would require "cheating" and looking up guides, and half of the fun of a game is the exploring, learning and leveling process.

I like to take my time and go through the planets in the appropriate order- when traveling on the star map it tells you what level range each planet is intended to accomodate.

Elara comes very early in the game, and Belsavis is a late level 42+ planet, can you see the problem?

Ideally speaking, you should be able to find a customization vendor the planet after you get your new companion (though its not 100% true for every class).

There are customization vendors on Balmorra, Taris, and Belsavis. There is also a security key vendor (if you have one) on the Fleet and Ilum Station that sells customizations.

I'm guessing you missed finding the one on Balmorra for Elarna. At least on the Imperial side, it's off in a strange place, not right beside the shuttle like the Belsavis one.

My guess is you skipped Balmorra. ;)

But the Balmorra guy is so hard to find! I mean, he's right in the entrance to the base and you have to go right past him to get to quest givers, trainers, cantina, etc. They can't be putting stuff in plain sight like that! It makes it too hard to find! ;) Sorry, It's Friday and I just got off work, my sense of humor is out of whack...it will go back to normal soon...I hope...

I'm guessing you missed finding the one on Balmorra for Elarna. At least on the Imperial side, it's off in a strange place, not right beside the shuttle like the Belsavis one.

Republic can't miss the Balmorra one or they totally must have skipped the planet since the guy is standing next to the entrance to the trainers/class missions/cantina/vendors.

Ideally speaking, you should be able to find a customization vendor the planet after you get your new companion (though its not 100% true for every class).

There are customization vendors on Balmorra, Taris, and Belsavis. There is also a security key vendor (if you have one) on the Fleet and Ilum Station that sells customizations.

Yes, like you and kirameki suggested, I must have missed the vendor on Balmora.

I just found it odd that low level companions had physical appearence customization options on a high level planet. Why not have options for your two latest squad members Yuun or Vic at that point?

I had already romanced Elara, talked about marriage and children and have had a relationship with her for some time. Then I reach the late game planet Belsavis and find a vendor that sells Dorne customization....

I imagine our in game life conversation "I love you and married you for the person you are honey, but would you put on some make up and a wig so I don't recognize the person ive come to know and love?"

I like the fact that you have the customization available, though since it applies to the second companion (and romancable) you partner with far earlier in the game, you should certainly be able to customize Elara far sooner in game.

Heh. I just made her a redhead since I prefer redheads to blondes. :p

Yes, like you and kirameki suggested, I must have missed the vendor on Balmora.

I just found it odd that low level companions had physical appearence customization options on a high level planet. Why not have options for your two latest squad members Yuun or Vic at that point?

I certainly understand what you're saying there. And to be clear, my previous remark wasn't intended as an insult toward you. It was more self directed since some days the best place to hide something from me is in plain site. Like I said, wierd Friday, post work mood.

yeah i dont feel for you at all.

ive started 4 characters and with all four i google/swtorwiki my companions and planets with customs on them. get my ship and travel to the planet with more custom options and have my character changed fro mthe get go.

only problem ive encountered is with Mako - her companion quests follow this story arc with her "twins" and all her twins look asian (like hte default mako) when i dont have her looking asian.

Racial discrimination? Really?

This is why there can not be any open and honest discussions about these kinds of topics in real life. People either try to silence the other person or group if they don't agree with them 100% or they throw terms like this around so nonchalantly and egregiously that it loses any and all meaning.

Ugh /facepalm

This +9001

This man is wise.

This +9001

This man is wise.

Why not 9002? ;)

I believe it was an unfortunate choice of words on the OP's part (in fact it appears while writing this, the title was changed). I don't think he ever really meant racial discrimination in the sense it's normally used, so much as differentiating between appearances (some of which appear as different skin colors or 'races').

Edit: Spelling Correction

Edited by Skirata_Kal
spelling correction

I did not mean it in an inflamatory way, my real life community is far from monochromatic and we all goof on each other as a matter of course. I bet a good number of you who jump up in arms are from a sheltered community with no or very limited real life exposure to people of other cultures. I just wondered why it seemed like you were forced to keep Elara in one set race type, when clearly there were other options.

I said this back in beta, but Biowhatever didn't listen to me. Companion customizations should be offered right from the start. It really doesn't make sense to get familiar with a character, and then find an option much later that totally changes their appearance.

I said this back in beta, but Biowhatever didn't listen to me. Companion customizations should be offered right from the start. It really doesn't make sense to get familiar with a character, and then find an option much later that totally changes their appearance.

Yes, we see eye to eye on this issue. Its pretty "immersion breaking" when you have a main character that you interact with the whole game, who after weeks or months of play could suddenly be a new person physically.

I could see if you had "battle scarred" versions, or "sick" versions (hey Bioware, theres an idea I do not mind if you take! ) though the complete plastic surgery witness protection racial transformation in late game is a bit odd.