Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

CXP and Daily Areas throughout September

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion
CXP and Daily Areas throughout September
First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

DarthEnrique
09.07.2017 , 06:19 PM | #21
Quote: Originally Posted by KeithKanneg View Post
  • It is very clear everyone is really enjoying higher rewards on the older Daily Missions. As a result, we are exploring some options such as increasing CXP values above their base rewards, making rotating daily objectives worth high bonuses, and more. We will let you know where we land on these discussions, but one thing is for certain, higher CXP values are very motivational.
I think it has already been stated but it bears repeating, just leave this be, it's a good bug that doesn't need fixed.
Trying to help my friend Ultimatedshadow out, please click his referral link. Thanks. http://www.swtor.com/r/5YzVTH

JediLarson
09.07.2017 , 06:32 PM | #22
Quote: Originally Posted by Jerba View Post
Unfortunately, I no longer believe you, Keith...
Yea, I’m coming around to this way of thinking…

...Even with the increased CXP, it is still RNG...
The RNG isn’t “exciting”
Getting an extra 10, 50 or even 160 crates* is still crappy RNG junk. The RNG percentage at 300 is so #$%@ low and pathetic, it – well, it’s beyond insanity at this point.

*yea, I had 2 tabs full of T4 crates saved up for when the cxp bug and double cxp event was going to end so I could enjoy opening them when the crap cxp was back. Sheesh!

Mikel_p
09.07.2017 , 06:56 PM | #23
Thank You for leaving this in place... The CXP grind is kind of a punishment for being a ALT-aholic in SWTOR.... thank you for leaving this and making it easier....got about half my alts above tier 2 for CXP now... Thank you!

MeNaCe-NZ
09.07.2017 , 07:08 PM | #24
Quote: Originally Posted by YlliyaXor View Post
Thanks!
When will 5.5 be inflicted upon us?
I hope this doesn't mean double cxp/xp for xmas is cancelled...
You just know they had it planned for December because of "more tiers" :P

santafaye
09.07.2017 , 07:10 PM | #25
Hey all,

Recently, we have had more maintenances than normal. This was compounded by our update issues last Thursday which led to over 10 hours of maintenance. Thursday’s issue along with the extra downtime have impacted all of our playtime, and they especially are bothersome when you consider how much XP and CXP you lost from the Double XP/CXP event was running along with the over the top CXP for Daily Areas. So, to make sure your characters can take advantage from both, here’s what we going to do:

• Since the Double XP/CXP event ended on Tuesday, we’ve decided to bring it back earlier than planned. That is, we had scheduled to make it available in December around the holidays, but it’ll return with the launch of Game Update 5.5. That will give you another full week to benefit from the event.
  • The Daily Area bug is also going to stick around for a few weeks. As Eric mentioned in another post, our plan was to fix it next week in another patch, but we’ve decided to hold off any changes until Game Update 5.5. I’m personally leveraging this as a means of playing my other toons and raising their Command Rank to 300. Honestly, it’s been a lot of fun seeing so many other players taking advantage, too.
    • It is very clear everyone is really enjoying higher rewards on the older Daily Missions. As a result, we are exploring some options such as increasing CXP values above their base rewards, making rotating daily objectives worth high bonuses, and more. We will let you know where we land on these discussions, but one thing is for certain, higher CXP values are very motivational.

Again, I want to thank you all for your patience the past couple of weeks.

Keith---
ty ..you guys rock ..i can rock a couple of my story character through now ..ty again my friends

Nmyownworld
09.07.2017 , 07:15 PM | #26
Thank you for leaving the current CXP bug as is, for now.

The Daily Area bug is also going to stick around for a few weeks. As Eric mentioned in another post, our plan was to fix it next week in another patch, but we’ve decided to hold off any changes until Game Update 5.5.
Keith Kanneg, please extend the CXP bug indefinitely. Make it permanent. It affects a small, limited number of areas -- what used to be called the actual Daily areas, not the doable-daily Heroics.

I think allowing the higher CXP for Daily areas to remain does not address gearing issues for PvPers and Raiders. It is most helpful for solo players and alt-oholics. Don't forget about addressing a better gearing system for other playstyles.
It is very clear everyone is really enjoying higher rewards on the older Daily Missions. As a result, we are exploring some options such as increasing CXP values above their base rewards, making rotating daily objectives worth high bonuses, and more.
I'm glad there's consideration. But, I think about previous, pre-Keith Kanneg, increases in CXP values -- from 20 (?) CXP per mission to 75 CXP. Literally an increase in CXP. Actually such a miniscule dint in getting to the next goodie basket (Command Rank) as to be neglible. Something like increasing CXP gain per Daily area mission to 100 isn't great.

Keep the Daily areas CXP gains as is, with the bug. Make certain Heroics have the same CXP gains, changing up which Heroics have the significant CXP increase on a weekly basis. On days that Heroics get the Galactic Command bonus? Stack it on the higher bonus Heroics.

For me, bottom line: Command Rank crates are goodie baskets. As far as gearing beyond 230s, the crates are suitable only for primarily solo players. PvPers and Raiders need a set, linear, reasonable way to fully gear up, not waiting for a gear grant from the RNG gods. Being able to obtain the best gear for ones preferred playstyle, in a reasonable and sensible time frame, is a good thing. Dragging out the ability to gear up for PvPers and Raiders isn't thrilling; it's frustrating and annoying. This is coming from a primarily solo, alt-oholic player.

Jdast
09.07.2017 , 07:39 PM | #27
As others have mentioned, this primarily benefits players like me who: a) solo a lot; and b) has a lot of alts. Even for players like me, though, the same dailies can get a bit tedious.

I think you realize more so than before (even based on what you told us about your own alt-leveling with this bug) how much people value playing alts. And while I fear I'm looking a gift horse in the mouth...

I hope you consider significantly raising CXP gains across all dailies and different types of playing styles; i.e., PvP, FPs etc. Doing so will make the game far more dynamic.

More broadly, the sooner you discuss medium to long-term plans the better, in particular how it relates to new tiers of gear, new levels, etc. In a different forum, a poster raised a good point about this windfall being somewhat irrelevant because big changes are afoot. And, after all, isn't the next roadmap due out shortly? (hint, hint)

With that said, thanks for keeping this in place.

Dasty

MeNaCe-NZ
09.07.2017 , 07:39 PM | #28
Unfortunately, I no longer believe you, Keith. The past few months, you were adamant on not removing the grind although players begged you to remove it, and now you suddenly changed your opinion? Sorry, I'm not buying it, I think you're not telling us the full truth.

I ran the dailies a few times last week and it was a horrible experience. When there were other players in the area, I invited them to group so we wouldn't have to fight over quest objectives, but they all declined and would rather wait for the respawns. It showed me how much harm 4.0+ has done to the community, where players can solo everything and no longer need to group up, and it made me so sad I'd just log off.

You write that high CXP is motivational, but why exactly should I level my alts to rank 300? Even with the increased CXP, it is still RNG. The optimal path to get gear continues to be VM ops for 242 gear and then PvP to 248, or just straight up crafting 246 gear.
The 5.0 goal of "play whatever you want and get rewarded" is once again ignored. I like dailies, in the right dosage. Running all dailies for multiple days on multiple alts is not fun. Meanwhile, other activities don't give nearly as much CXP, so there's no point doing anything other than dailies for CXP.
Once again, my raid group is keeping me subscribed to the game, but if it weren't for them, I don't think I'd continue sticking with SWTOR. It's not fun anymore.
I get joy from ninja'ing your objectives on my Sith character, it's part of my character. Your dismay = more pleasure.

Different strokes for different folks right?

Now ... it's always been this way that objectives could be solo or group obtainable. You are acting like that has somehow changed with 4.0+ and just now people are starting to not want to group to get them, that's nonsense, it's always been that way and far worse to actually get things done when the instances were far more populated.

Now there is still the same point to do other activities than dailies for players like you that there always was - fun and enjoyment. How does having boost dailies change this? No one is FORCING you to run those to get CXP, clearly you were doing other activities and having fun before hand (if not then your whole whine is a bit moot) and wow what do you know ... you can still do that.

For players like me though we weren't running any content, it was old and stale and the carrot was **** (CXP). Now though the carrot is much more attractive and lucrative so I've started chasing it and doing content again.
Now when I FINALLY have rank 300 all of a sudden other content I ignored before doesn't seem so bad because the carrot for that is also attractive (possible BiS drops each time I ding a level and quite likely a gear upgrade in some parts either way).

I'm not entirely sure what your point is really as it seems to be "nerf the dailies" or more likely it's just that you are bored of the game, need a break but want to throws stones at other parts of it rather than admit you've been playing this game too long and need that break.

dscount
09.07.2017 , 07:51 PM | #29
Awesome News! Thanks Keith!

I would say this is one you should put down as "LISTENED to PLAYER FEEDBACK" column and never let people forget that feedback helped change the CXP Grind.
Reference Link: Why not? http://www.swtor.com/r/FDltnT
WTB Legacy Bound Ear, Implants, Relics

kimiko_tomiyama
09.07.2017 , 07:52 PM | #30
I actually laughed at this. For once "It's not a bug, it's a feature" might actually benefit us, the average player.

While I cannot see them keeping it for all the daily missions, But I'd love something like a daily/ weekly rotating mega rewards... especially on planets like Ziost and CZ, where there is little incentive to visit

I would like to add, they basically said "We screwed up. We aren't even sure how bad we screwed up, But we are delaying any other major changes to make sure we can fix it rather than rushing into a quick fix that will lead to more trouble, Intentionally leaving a bug that isn't game breaking and has revitalized parts of the game, and have a plan on how to 'reimburse' players for the downtime caused.

THAT is what I want from a development staff. New content is needed, but all the flashy content in the world is worthless if the staff cannot communicate to the customer and address their concerns.