Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

CXP and Daily Areas throughout September

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion
CXP and Daily Areas throughout September
First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

SRTtoZZ
09.09.2017 , 12:50 AM | #101
Thank you thank you thank you!

Now fix my Shae Vizla bug

Sincerely,

A returning player

SRTtoZZ
09.09.2017 , 01:01 AM | #102
Quote: Originally Posted by DarthEnrique View Post
I think it has already been stated but it bears repeating, just leave this be, it's a good bug that doesn't need fixed.
I agree that the values should be around where they are now (maybe lowered SLIGHTLY) but they really need to increase the values across the board so everything is rewarding like the bugged areas. You have to even increase the other heroics on all the different planets.

DarkSaberMaster
09.09.2017 , 02:25 AM | #103
Lol. This is so lol worthy. Still trying to save this garbage system.
Referral link to claim your new or returning player rewards.
Ezs'ra: Sith Mara
Harbinger

Costello
09.09.2017 , 02:29 AM | #104
Quote: Originally Posted by KeithKanneg View Post
You're actually reading way too much into that part of my post as we all agree with the sentiment everyone has communicated. Overall, we concur with the comments about CXP rates, incentives, and having areas of the game with high CXP values is very motivational. We also fully understand the positive impact it has had for everyone.

We know if Daily Areas are the only place to get great CXP, then rest of the content in the game gets ignored and eventually everyone will burn out. Hence, we need to make sure you can benefit from all areas of the game. We're reviewing when we can get that effort done.

-Keith--
Keith, while it doesn't take a genius to work out that people like getting stuff quicker this seems a little like the child who wants to eat all their easter eggs at once and then pukes up and has none left. The Bioware team set the rate of CXP, the bioware team have slowly increased the rate at which they can be gained, the Bioware team then broke the system, they then failed to fix the system and then in some odd way looked to show they were on the side of the players for faster CXP. A CXP rate they set at a much lower level in the first place.

Now I can only hope that the original CXP rate was set to make the grind seem significant enough so that players felt a sense of accomplishment at hitting 300 or getting a 246 gear rating. By allowing this bug I can only guess that it wasn't working as intended, though that the bug is temporary and no other rates have been increased would suggest the pre bug level was what you think is right. So the reasoning is a little hard to follow.

But the real kicker comes with what are you looking to replace this grind with in way of end game. As it stands aside from some Op bosses, one daily area and a flashpoint end game since 5.0 has been repeating old content to grind out CXP. Now in all likelihood those that want it will have completed the CXP grind taking advantage of the 20x CXP period. You would be a fool to wait and then go back and grind when dailies off 73 cxp. So you encourage people to use a bug to complete the end game grind, what are you bringing in to be the End Game once everyone thats wants rank 300 has it?

This feels like a short term solution to get thanked for encouraging people to exploit a bug that changes the values that you set. But at the same time destroying your end game content, as mindless and repetitive as that content maybe you don't seem to have a replacement for it. Though you must be congratulated for getting thanked for allowing the use of a bug that effects the cxp reward, a reward you set so could have been raised far higher for the last year if you had so chosen. So being thanked for a temporary boost to a system you implamented that many seem to think was far too stingy in the first place. A temporary bug for an issue you created and your thanked for it, though the bug was not your intent but the low reward was. That is genius.

GrimTheGlutt
09.09.2017 , 03:32 AM | #105
Quote: Originally Posted by Costello View Post
This feels like a short term solution to get thanked for encouraging people to exploit a bug that changes the values that you set. But at the same time destroying your end game content, as mindless and repetitive as that content maybe you don't seem to have a replacement for it. Though you must be congratulated for getting thanked for allowing the use of a bug that effects the cxp reward, a reward you set so could have been raised far higher for the last year if you had so chosen. So being thanked for a temporary boost to a system you implamented that many seem to think was far too stingy in the first place. A temporary bug for an issue you created and your thanked for it, though the bug was not your intent but the low reward was. That is genius.
Exactly - Using a BUG they introduced as some form of compensation is just insulting! Yes it benefits players and leaving it alone (for now) means lots happy little cxp farmers, but using this bug as a form of compensation is quite simply a shockingly poor bit of customer service...

Biowares view - Here dear customer pay for our service, then when we deny you our service that you pay for we'll compensate you with a bug we introduced at the time of breaking our service. I am sure you will be happy with that....

NO I AM NOT!

I want compensation for my sub. Not a delay in fixing a bug...

supertimtaf
09.09.2017 , 03:51 AM | #106
You're actually reading way too much into that part of my post as we all agree with the sentiment everyone has communicated. Overall, we concur with the comments about CXP rates, incentives, and having areas of the game with high CXP values is very motivational. We also fully understand the positive impact it has had for everyone.

We know if Daily Areas are the only place to get great CXP, then rest of the content in the game gets ignored and eventually everyone will burn out. Hence, we need to make sure you can benefit from all areas of the game. We're reviewing when we can get that effort done.

-Keith--
I think that if I was you I'd let the cxp rate for daily as it is now until you find a solution to also up the rest of the content in the game. Then you can adjust it after. But I may be wrong here

Overall, I must say that I agree with the person you've quoted, I think that the team is (or was !) missing the whole point here. The problem for me and others here is more that it took your team this long to figure out that the content wasn't as rewarding as it should be in order to attract players. I appreciate your gesture about keeping those value and the fact that you are searching a way to improve this... but I can't help but wonder... what would have happened if, like you said, you didn't play and tested the bug yourself ? Surely, everything would have been back to normal, with players crying a lot.
I find it strange that the only guy in the team who thought this could be interesting was you, a player.
The other devs must be really detached from this game, or at least detached from the community.

I'm not saying that the «cxp grind is too slow» should have been avoided, but more like maybe the team should have spotted this a bit earlier. So yeah, I think Transcendent is half right when he says that your team is missing the point.

Still, nice to know what will happen. Any chances we'll have an update about the upcoming Roadmap too ?
Glad to see you're taking these things at heart, I hope we'll see more of your post on other topic as well.
Eliadil - Darkness Assassin Darth Malgus

Feel free to use my referal link if you liked my help ! Free stuff for you and me !

tolaez
09.09.2017 , 04:32 AM | #107

-Keith--
Why not just use the existing system (the activity for the day that gives bonus cxp) and just make that say 4X or 8X? Easier to implement I'm sure. And it would buff all activities, indirectly.

supertimtaf
09.09.2017 , 05:03 AM | #108
Quote: Originally Posted by tolaez View Post
Why not just use the existing system (the activity for the day that gives bonus cxp) and just make that say 4X or 8X? Easier to implement I'm sure. And it would buff all activities, indirectly.
Because it would not really benefit peoples that cannot log everyday, or a raid team with fixed raid time, or a pvp group... but that's just my opinion ^^
And the goal would be that peoples can do whatever they want, whenever they want with a great reward. From what I've seen, on populated servers peoples often don't care about the bonus, they just want to do their activity and be rewarded for it. The bonus was more usefull on empty servers, because it allows little population to focus on the same content (allows a pvp proc, or flashpoint, operation, gsf...)
Eliadil - Darkness Assassin Darth Malgus

Feel free to use my referal link if you liked my help ! Free stuff for you and me !

Deewe
09.09.2017 , 05:10 AM | #109
Quote: Originally Posted by YlliyaXor View Post
You guys keep saying one thing and then doing the opposite, you recently nerfed Black Talon/Esseles, you also nerfed that one uprising people did the most, a few people farmed some mobs to death and mob cxp was nerfed all across the board.

You keep saying crate acquisition should be fast, but nerfing the fastest ways of getting crates.
Just wanted to highlight the above, so they know people aren't fooled and perfectly remember or leave...

But the real kicker comes with what are you looking to replace this grind with in way of end game.

So you encourage people to use a bug to complete the end game grind, what are you bringing in to be the End Game once everyone thats wants rank 300 has it?.
The manpower has been moved to Anthem, especially the experienced devs (look at bugs and poor design lately). It's that obvious they don't have close to the required budget to do more than plaster this game. So don't hold your breath for it.

A temporary bug for an issue you created and your thanked for it, though the bug was not your intent but the low reward was. That is genius.
It could be funny though regarding the situation of the game it's truly depressing.
-----
[HOW_TO] Mouse look toogle

darkapprentice
09.09.2017 , 05:17 AM | #110
Quote: Originally Posted by GrimTheGlutt View Post
2 more replies from Keith and still nothing said about the compensation for downtime?

Where is the compensation for my lost sub time? An extra event some time in the future does not cut it.
if you break down the sub fees for the smallest unit which is a month at a time (At least for the US. I don't know if the sub fees other countries are the same when converted or not), it comes out to around 48 to 49 cents per day so that 20 cents that was lost is surely worth demanding/expecting compensation!!! It's preposterous to think they would ignore that.

But wait, what about the time you aren't playing, or can't for some reason, isn't that lost sub time too?
Eclipse Vet (Sarah'Skye/Kara') Pre-CU TKA/Master Doc.
<RRR> Member. Ex member of <-A-> and Musica
Chim: Kyera and Sarah' Ex Member of SoS (Sisters of Serenity)