So I have to ask.

Dazovits

Why cant, we have hk-47 instead of hk-51 as a companion, and why was Revan made to look so weak? Two major players, from the Kotor games, that I think everyone loved just became bantha fodder, And on the note of Revan, He should be the strongest Sith/Jedi the galaxy has ever seen, if not from power of light and dark side of the force, his command to his troops from the past, and his ability to lead, the fact that the General from Kotor II would follow him into death, along with mandalore and HK-47 say's a'lot. I wont even go into Kreia, Which I think is in game, but have not gotten to her.

I must, ask. Are there any plans ( more plan's ) for HK-47 and Revan. And maybe perhaps Kreia? If nothing else has Kotor III been thought about to be made?

And why would the emperor want to keep Revan so much, if he is only a lowbie to put down in a lowbie flashpoint...

Ack, sorry, I just really dont like this part of the lore here. And am trying to understand it, and really hoping the force uses Revan more in swtor, as we have unfinished biz. with him.

Someone please tell me that he is in more then this lowbie flashpoint and that he does not become 100% dead...:confused::(

HK-47 was the last of his series. That's why you cannot have him as a companion. Reven, from what I remember, was defeated as Darth Revan and captured. He was then re-born as a Republic soldier and was probably weakened due to his rise and fall from the Dark Side. Why he is so weakened in SW:TOR? I do not know. You fight him in one fight . They cannot make him 'god-like' or it wouldn't be much of a fair fight for players. They have to be able to make him work within an MMORPG environment.

PS: Your comma's are very confusing. :p

HK-47 was the last of his series. That's why you cannot have him as a companion. Reven, from what I remember, was defeated as Darth Revan and captured. He was then re-born as a Republic soldier and was probably weakened due to his rise and fall from the Dark Side. Why he is so weakened in SW:TOR? I do not know. You fight him in one fight . They cannot make him 'god-like' or it wouldn't be much of a fair fight for players. They have to be able to make him work within an MMORPG environment.

PS: Your comma's are very confusing. :p

It's Revan.

Game's been out for more than ten years and yet, people still have issues getting it right. Raven, Reven... Fairly sure Rivan's introduction was to make fun of that really. :D

http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Darth_Rivan

Edited by Darth_Wicked

I really don't understand where all the Revan love comes from. Granted, I can understand liking his character...but to feel so much about what Bioware does to him, just doesn't make sense to me.

There is a very simple answer to why Revan is so loved. Spoilers just in case you never played KotoR.

It was because we were Revan! In one of the greatest plot twists in any RPG known to man, we were the very Sith we were trying to destroy. Then we spent years waiting for KotoR II, and we were the exile and found out that our character Revan waded out to the unknown reaches of the galaxy to fight the true Sith.

Then, we didn't know what that meant until SWTOR appeared. Only to have Revan return and have him saved and killed (well, not really killed) in mid level flashpoints.

So the answer is simple. A lot of us have a vested interest and connection to the character! Some of us don't care if Revan doesn't look exactly how we played him, we still lived his story.

There is a very simple answer to why Revan is so loved. Spoilers just in case you never played KotoR.

It was because we were Revan! In one of the greatest plot twists in any RPG known to man, we were the very Sith we were trying to destroy. Then we spent years waiting for KotoR II, and we were the exile and found out that our character Revan waded out to the unknown reaches of the galaxy to fight the true Sith.

Then, we didn't know what that meant until SWTOR appeared. Only to have Revan return and have him saved and killed (well, not really killed) in mid level flashpoints.

So the answer is simple. A lot of us have a vested interest and connection to the character! Some of us don't care if Revan doesn't look exactly how we played him, we still lived his story.

Revan was supposedly dead by then, remember? Killed after Bastila and a small Jedi strike force boarded his Dreadnought, which coincided with Malak trying to blow it up to smithereens.

Your purpose on the original KoToR, after departing Taris and receiving Jedi training on Dantooine, was to discover the location of the Star Forge, which was the never ending glory crafted by the Builders, and stop Malak in the process.

This man/woman gets it.

Edited by Dazovits

Revan was supposedly dead by then, remember? Killed after Bastila and a small Jedi strike force boarded his Dreadnought, which coincided with Malak trying to blow it up to smithereens.

Your purpose on the original KoToR, after departing Taris and receiving Jedi training on Dantooine, was to discover the location of the Star Forge, which was the never ending glory crafted by the Builders, and stop Malak in the process.

True, but he also started the Jedi Civil War. The whole point was to help stop what he created, which was the war and Malak. The Starforge was added after you figure out how Malak was creating his army, it wasn't the driving force at the beginning.

In either case, it really doesn't matter. People lived Revan's story. I for one picked him to be a Sith. But I don't feel cheated by the change. We all knew that they would have to pick an ending. Such is life. That for me doesn't break any of the connection I had with the character.

But to each their own. The point here, as it's really easy to figure out why people like Revan.

True, but he also started the Jedi Civil War. The whole point was to help stop what he created, which was the war and Malak. The Starforge was added after you figure out how Malak was creating his army, it wasn't the driving force at the beginning.

In either case, it really doesn't matter. People lived Revan's story. I for one picked him to be a Sith. But I don't feel cheated by the change. We all knew that they would have to pick an ending. Such is life. That for me doesn't break any of the connection I had with the character.

But to each their own. The point here, as it's really easy to figure out why people like Revan.

You are confused.

When Revan and Malak reintroduced themselves to the known Galaxy - not as saviours but rather conquerors - they were ALREADY using the Star Forge to fuel their war effort.

Revan had abandoned known space with only a handful of ships, in pursuit of whatever Mandalorians has fled the battle raging over the skies of Malachor V. When he returned, he was in command of a vast armada, not only a couple of ships.

You are confused.

When Revan and Malak reintroduced themselves to the known Galaxy - not as saviours but rather conquerors - they were ALREADY using the Star Forge to fuel their war effort.

Revan had abandoned known space with only a handful of ships, in pursuit of whatever Mandalorians has fled the battle raging over the skies of Malachor V. When he returned, he was in command of a vast armada, not only a couple of ships.

While that is true, Alavastre has hit the nail on the head with at least why myself was so wanting more then a lowbie flashpoint, in regards to content for Revan, honestly, when I heard they where going to use Revan ( was not playing swtor at the time ) and we where going to have to fight him, my first reaction was laughing.

As for everyone saying he is 300 years old and is tortured ... I go back to Kreia

"Conflict strengthens us." 300 years of conflict. And he did not forget, there is/should be a anger in that one that should be felt like a beacon; The same as a wound can be felt but this should be so strong that the smallest force user should be able to fill it.

Again; Revan is power. No other shall come that is as strong as that one, we the player base fell in love with this person. And waited, for a long time. I myself spent hundreds of hours playing kotor/kotor II to the point of knowing every line by heart in both. ( Yes ever tree...)

: Sigh : Anyways.

It was because we were Revan! In one of the greatest plot twists in any RPG known to man, we were the very Sith we were trying to destroy. .

1. The plot twist wasn't that great and was completely foreseeable if you noticed they way they kept dropping his name in the loading screens. They did it a lot which was odd seeing as he was supposed to be dead, which brings us to number

2. You weren't fighting Revan, you were fighting against Malak.

1. The plot twist wasn't that great and was completely foreseeable if you noticed they way they kept dropping his name in the loading screens. They did it a lot which was odd seeing as he was supposed to be dead, which brings us to number

2. You weren't fighting Revan, you were fighting against Malak.

The plot twist was epic. The accolades that game received is was epic due to it. I for one did not see a ton of loading screen's And when I saw about Revan on a loading screen, I knew it was due to Bastila. " That was your claim to fame " As I told her, And O how I never get tired of hearing how you killed Revan " ( Sarcasm. )

The story, on both imo kotor and kotor II are hard to beat; And they let you dig DEEP into them if you desire too.

The Story('s) Here on swtor are EPIC as well. I just have a problem, with conflicting story's and I am a guy that can understand a company wanting to steer away from something. But to use said something when one did not have to just to make something look bad :( is saddening.