Why all the crying?

Cybridwarform

The pvp in this game is fine, i don't understand why everyday its a tear-fest?

No i don't play a smash jugg or a mara etc... I play a sniper and i have 0 complaints. People just need to learn to synergize and play off their team members strength and weakness'

Am i the only one who feels the game is fine? Has the human race lost its will to adapt? :-\

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Normally I would agree with you... but bad change after bad change is making me feel like a prostitute and BW is my pimp. I pay... and they slap me in the face anyways.

I was one of the loudest defenders of BW and this game but seriously... it's like they do the exact opposite of what the players want and ask for.

This... pretty much sums up how I think a lot of people feel.

Edited by UGLYMRJ

No i don't play a smash jugg or a mara etc... I play a sniper and i have 0 complaints. People just need to learn to synergize and play off their team members strength and weakness'

Am i the only one who feels the game is fine? Has the human race lost its will to adapt? :-\

How does one adapt to constant stun lock...? :rolleyes: PvP is bad now: fact. The crap Pugs probably aid this process, but Pre-1.4 and Post-1.4 are completely different and obvious, and adaptation can only go so far against poor implementations / changes.

How does one adapt to constant stun lock...? :rolleyes: PvP is bad now: fact. The crap Pugs probably aid this process, but Pre-1.4 and Post-1.4 are completely different and obvious, and adaptation can only go so far against poor implementations / changes.

I have yet to have any issue with "stun locks" but then again i do have my breakfree keybound, i have quick reaction times, and i know when to use it. Every day i see more and more high level players blowing a breakfree on the first sap which gives me the really big impression alot of the "stun lock" issues is people simply not knowing what to do in a PVP enviroment.

Let's see here:

Bad change in resolve

Buff to Rage spec/No Mara/Sent nerf

No "net" buff to DPS Merc/Sorc

No reasonable full tank spec

No solo ranked

Bugged backfill

No cross-server

Lack of World PvP

All of which happen to be very viable beefs and were complained about since 1.2. Still not fixed/implemented. IMO the PvP community as a whole probably thinks the resolve change alone might kill all PvP in this game. Its makes some sad and some pi$$ed. Its only because they want to stay....

Removing the penalty of filling resolve was dumb, and catered to bads, and yes this does in fact allow you to be stunned more often.

Everything else that broke with 1.4, par for the course.

Edited by Apaolo

Well maras/juggs can't leap to you as a sniper and therefore usually avoid you, you can no longer be stunned from 30m range and pulled, you can entrench if anyone gets near you, therefore you don't have to worry much about this new dumb resolve system. I understand why you wouldn't have complaints.

Let's see here:

Bad change in resolve

Buff to Rage spec/No Mara/Sent nerf

No "net" buff to DPS Merc/Sorc

No reasonable full tank spec

No solo ranked

Bugged backfill

No cross-server

Lack of World PvP

1.Before or after i have no issues with resolve.

2.I was a little let down with no merc/sorc dmg increase but likewise they both got very nice survival toys thus increasing DPS UPtime.

3.Full tank spec... name me a game that this has ever worked. LOL.

4. this isn't league of legends or starcraft. Its an MMO play with others.

5. Ill give u the bugged backfill, yes that is a patch bug.

6.BW already said it might not be possible and if so it will be a LONG time before this happens. If u expeced that in this patch well, u should keep in touch with the dev interviews more.

7. Has nothing to do with this patch or the patch notes. in Prophecy of Five we have massive world PVP every saturday and people constantly in the world starting trouble. -Sorry if your experience isn't as good.

I guess the majority of people think this is wow, where crying gets you something. This isn't WoW where ur cattle and are fed grain. Welcome back to the human race. All blizzard did was generate 7 years worth of cows. People just need to adapt.

The WoW meme reply got old in December.

Move on to something else already, lol. Moving on...

Yes, most gamers get unhappy when tons of content gets broken with a patch in their preferred gameplay option, coupled with head scratching changes to a system that caters to incompetent players who don't understand basic strat.

Those silly, silly WoW whiners, how dare they voice their discontent.

:rolleyes:

I have yet to have any issue with "stun locks" but then again i do have my breakfree keybound, i have quick reaction times, and i know when to use it. Every day i see more and more high level players blowing a breakfree on the first sap which gives me the really big impression alot of the "stun lock" issues is people simply not knowing what to do in a PVP enviroment.

It also helps that your class gets an ability that makes you immune to CC for 20 seconds out of every minute. I'm less frustrated on my Vigilance Guardian with Unremitting (or my Gunslinger, actually) than on my, say, Vanguard.

Am i the only one who feels the game is fine?

So you're still having fun with SWTOR...Good on ya mate! (not Aussie, I just like to say that phrase because it's awesome)

I still have fun playing to be sure, but obvious fail is obvious. This game was its best at 1.1.5. Been going steadily downhill with each subsequent Patch since. As a PvPer, I don't have much to be thrilled about in a year's time. Among the list of disappointments; Ilum, RWZs, just one new WZ, and combat that has been deteriorating dramatically since 1.2.

Now I'm ordinarily a glass is half full guy so I'm still holding out hope BW will get their poo-doo together. But I've completely lost confidence in them. They clearly don't know how to wield the Force. They are like the Biggs of gaming. You totally like them because they are friends with Lucas and can do some fancy flying, but they just end up flaming out.

I am assuming you played WoW and do not anymore .... well why ....did you not like the direction of the game...so you just jumped ship....I mean is that not the ultimate expression of "crying over a game"?

Edited by Hexdoll

Woah, what happened to you? Did it finally hit you that for every "QQ" there's a player leaving the game?

yeah i officially left the game also. probably more to do with burnout then complaints tho. I also left day 1.2 was released but got bored of Tera so came back. Doubt I will actually come back this time. Still have like 50 days on sub but I cant even bring myself to log in right now

yeah i officially left the game also. probably more to do with burnout then complaints tho. I also left day 1.2 was released but got bored of Tera so came back. Doubt I will actually come back this time. Still have like 50 days on sub but I cant even bring myself to log in right now
I took the PvE path instead and found myself a nice guild. I won't venture into a warzone until they've fixed this mess.

Yea I dont really get the QQ over this patch either. Bugs happen and will get fixed, I do not get stunned more personally on any of my characters. Good players/teams already timed their stuns and bads are bads a stun or two more wont help them. I love the changes to my sage, merc, and vanguard. My mara I dont really play other than to do pve dailies so I havent tried the new rage, but its sounds boring even if strong. Anyways I am surprised to see some of the folks that are complaining, but I get we all have different perspectives on things.

While changes to sorc and merc are definetely a step in the right direction, the basic flaws of PvP in this game did not have changed.

- In the DPS area

For RWZs, the sheer amount of burst provided by marauders and pyrotechs and the streamlined design of these classes make them dominate the meta game, even after 1.4 changes. If you want ranged option, go sniper. Sorcs and mercs are still not 100% viable in the current RWZ meta game.

Who the hell asked for a smash spec streamline/buff? They can argue that they are streamlining every spec in the game, but why didnt they streamline, for instance, the lethality spec for OPs or the TK spec for sages? Why spend developer time on a spec that already worked decently?

- In the tanking area

In the current meta game, full tank specs arent viable, except for ball carrier.

In the current RWZ meta game, with hybrid tank specs / gearing, the sheer overpoweredness of tankasins leave the other tanks in the cold.

- Healing area

1.4 is a step in the right direction for sorcs and mercs but the sheer overpoweredness of the sawbones tree still leaves the other healers in the cold. Sawbones can do anything the other 2 healers do BETTER and with less amount of player effort.

PS: while i am a great defender of the cheapness of ptechs, i dont agree with the "nerfs" to the tree, i dont agree at all. Reducing the slow to 30% just makes them easy prey for tankasins and warriors, while the ptech is still faceroll OP in the meta game against healers, especially sage healers. Ptech is now officialy a out of whack tree, too easy prey for melee, too easy to faceroll healers, they should work on making the ptech more balanced (less faceroll burst with more streamlined survivability) they did the exactly opposite.

Edited by Laforet

This is funny stuff...I dont doubt you dont understand why all the tears...Your playing the AC that cannot be leapt, pulled and has the Longest CC immunity in the game.....This is kinda a given that the resolve changes havnt affected you as badly as the other AC's that have zero CC immunity.....can get leapt, and pulled...and now this happens in a chain...Its sooo fun.

Meanwhile the sniper does not experience any of this....Not to be a smart alec but....Hello captain Obvious!

When i log as SS Gunslinger i fully agree with you!

When i log as Shadow or Jugg i fully disagree with you!

Edited by Missandei

So you're still having fun with SWTOR...Good on ya mate! (not Aussie, I just like to say that phrase because it's awesome)

I still have fun playing to be sure, but obvious fail is obvious. This game was its best at 1.1.5. Been going steadily downhill with each subsequent Patch since. As a PvPer, I don't have much to be thrilled about in a year's time. Among the list of disappointments; Ilum, RWZs, just one new WZ, and combat that has been deteriorating dramatically since 1.2.

Now I'm ordinarily a glass is half full guy so I'm still holding out hope BW will get their poo-doo together. But I've completely lost confidence in them. They clearly don't know how to wield the Force. They are like the Biggs of gaming. You totally like them because they are friends with Lucas and can do some fancy flying, but they just end up flaming out.

Don't give up yet alpha!

2.I was a little let down with no merc/sorc dmg increase but likewise they both got very nice survival toys thus increasing DPS UPtime.

You may be right on the sage front, one of my guildies has been very pleased but DPS Mercs/Commandos got a nerf more than a survivability buff. Some of us are pretty mad about losing a good part of the utility we HAD while getting tossed table scraps.

Also, I have to agree with everyone here that one reason you don't see the big deal is that 1.4 was very kind to snipers. Removing the range on stuns from 30 to 10m is a pretty big deal for you since now you can find your spot and snipe with impunity till they actually come up and get you, but then you have some pretty awesome tools to deal with that too. Other classes aren't having that experience at ALL.

Also, I have to agree with everyone here that one reason you don't see the big deal is that 1.4 was very kind to snipers. Removing the range on stuns from 30 to 10m is a pretty big deal for you since now you can find your spot and snipe with impunity till they actually come up and get you, but then you have some pretty awesome tools to deal with that too. Other classes aren't having that experience at ALL.

Not true I play a heal specced merc and I do my best to sit 11m or a bit more from most players and I notice it every game. I've never free casted like I have post 1.4 in this game.

Edited by Draekos

Trololol!! Yeah playing as a SS slinger or MM operative can make you feel that there is nothing wrong with CC and resolve. I should know, my main is a SS slinger. 20 seconds out of every 45 (specced) with absolute CC immunity plus good tools to keep assailants at bay plus a large array of CCs will make you feel that way. Yes I die but I very rarely die without a fight when I'm playing my slinger.

Actually I don't think that resolve is bad system or that there are too many CCs in the game (well maybe a tad for some specs). But the way that plays alongside the incredible burst some classes have may result in frustrating situation for some players. I mean LOL smash + scream + aimed + trickshot + quickdraw (sure that there are plenty other similar combos) can kill almost every class in the game requiring only 2 people and about 3-5 seconds of their time. Yes I know that a good tank taunting and guarding plus healers can mitigate that problem but in order to get to that level of play one needs to stick around a bit, make friends, learn mechanics for several classes and gear up. And most players won't stick around through the ordeal in order to get to that level of play. I know, their loss, but still ..... If you can catch my drift.

3.Full tank spec... name me a game that this has ever worked. LOL.

4. this isn't league of legends or starcraft. Its an MMO play with others.

5. Ill give u the bugged backfill, yes that is a patch bug.

6.BW already said it might not be possible and if so it will be a LONG time before this happens. If u expeced that in this patch well, u should keep in touch with the dev interviews more.

7. Has nothing to do with this patch or the patch notes. in Prophecy of Five we have massive world PVP every saturday and people constantly in the world starting trouble. -Sorry if your experience isn't as good.

I guess the majority of people think this is wow, where crying gets you something. This isn't WoW where ur cattle and are fed grain. Welcome back to the human race. All blizzard did was generate 7 years worth of cows. People just need to adapt.

Adapting is not the issue. We pay, so we should drive changes on the game, but we don't.... That's a problem..... and also why they are losing subs...

The majority of players are having such bad experiences that it contributes to the "crying". My personal issues are with resolve and backfill, but the others are valid gripes. Stop trying to justify them or tell people to temper their expaectations because it all boils down to excuses, dismissivness, and arrogance brought to you by EA/BW (yes, they should be feeding me the best salky kibble in the galaxy :D). No game in 2012 should experience these kinds of issues. PERIOD... Players feel ignored in a MMO where THEY should be making serious contributions on how patches impact the game.

Name me one Sage/Sorc that complained that force wave needed to be changed to 180? Name a mara/sent that thought the Rage tree needed better resource management? Name me a person that cares about facial emotes besides maybe pine cone throwing RPers? As it related to the feedback, it must have bantha fodder for them to laugh at, as most change requests went ignored...

A small sample of garbage changes that were either a waste of time, or un-warrented/needed because there were/are much more pressing issues....

This latest patch rivals 1.2 in sheer stupidity. People "cried" about proposed 1.2(it was launched pretty much as is and lost a crap load of subs), people "cried" about proposed 1.3(it was launched pretty much as is lost a crap load of subs), people cried about proposed 1.4 (it was launched pretty much as is lost a crap load of subs).

:sy_galaxy:I'm detecting a pattern here... patches=vortex of horsecrap. How many people have to say something is broke before they fix it or you "believe" it? If you really think there is "nothing" wrong with this game.... What the hell have you been playing prior to this? Also explain why people are still leaving....

Its not just about the list either. The IP is the only reason I am tolerating these issues. Types like me are the only reason why it has not died yet, so sitting in cover and acting like there is nothing wrong with this game is stupid. Just stop, or you will be playing alone soon.