1v1 ladder...

leijae

This is something I've been working on for a couple of hours now... but I had the idea for it a few nights ago when I was doing some 1v1's on the Halo 4 ladder. Although a pure ladder can't be possible (yet), because we can't do cross server duels, cross faction duels are possible. So, we can do leader boards for each server. And I'll be doing top 10 world wide based on win ratio in combination with most duels completed. (the exact math is a secret, unless you know math then you can figure out.

Here is a screenshot of my progress. I think that I can have it done by March 1st (I have a real life too!!!) I can have it done a little faster if I could find volunteers that know php and javascript. (ill do the html and css all on my own ;P)

*UPDATE* DROPPED EMPHASIS ON 1v1's

http://i45.tinypic.com/2uqdgmx.png

http://i47.tinypic.com/bddl1.png

Edited by leijae

This is something I've been working on for a couple of hours now... but I had the idea for it a few nights ago when I was doing some 1v1's on the Halo 4 ladder. Although a pure ladder can't be possible (yet), because we can't do cross server duels, cross faction duels are possible. So, we can do leader boards for each server. And I'll be doing top 10 world wide based on win ratio in combination with most duels completed. (the exact math is a secret, unless you know math then you can figure out.

Here is a screenshot of my progress. I think that I can have it done by March 1st (I have a real life too!!!) I can have it done a little faster if I could find volunteers that know php and javascript. (ill do the html and css all on my own ;P)

http://imgur.com/23DUIKN

So we will know the best 10 hybrid shadows/sins in the world? Awesome.

1v1 is flawed in any mmo unless you are dueling a mirror. I would slaughter my marauder with my scoundrel. I would destroy my marauder with a sniper. I would beat the sniper with a scoundrel and I would beat all of the above as a hybrid sin/shadow.

Not saying you are stupidly overpowered or anything, just saying that a 1v1 ranking is pointless.

Now if you want to do the same thing with 3 v 3? That might be more interesting. :) Limit it to 1 tank (guard) and one healer. Could be fun.

well like i said the 1v1 is a start... besides i bet there are some pretty crafty players out there who aren't shadows.

I have beat my share of shadows as annihilation/watchman. :) Much harder to do now then it was before, but it is still possible. Can still do it on a scoundrel/op as well. If you make one mistake though, GG.

Don't get me wrong, I think it is a cool idea. I just think it would be a lot more fun with 3 v 3. :)

I don't really see a point to a 1v1 rock beats scissors etc, however 4v4 on the other hand..... Might actually solve the PuG vs Pre made issue a lot seem to have an issue with. I know if i'm doing a group for PvP, i'd rather go 4v4. Than do a WZ and hope I can carry the other 4 to victory. Just sayin. Edited by Calitri

commies!

ok ill get the 3v3 thing going asap, but i'm focused on the 1v1 stuff. mainly because i've got a lot of the database stuff done for it. ill try to roll out 3v3s on march 1st (the same time i'll roll out 1v1's.) you should be able to create teams and challenge other teams.

Edited by leijae

pretty cool idea OP, I was gonna try and do something similar for guild 8v8 on my server, but my team fell through. Of course I was planning an entry fee of 300k and donating 2m to the pot (all entry fee's added to said pot) and possibly awarding the team with the most games played as well with a smaller prize.

The Bastion had a 1v1 tournament that was quite a success, now were doing a 2v2 tournament a 3v3 later probably. I suppose this is taking that into a league direction a opposed to a tournament, and added a bit of a cross-serer element to it. But this kind of player driven PVP is going on and its nice to see such initiatives.

Update*

today I implemented a 2v2, 3v3, and 4v4 system... it was actually pretty easy, the most difficult part will be styling the layout interface (which if you know about web development, it's actually quite simple). I also implemented an individual rating system in conjunction with a team system.

So, that means a single player will have an overall score, and a score for each ladder they participate in.

I'll be doing open testing beginning Feb 20 (I'm pretty sure I'll make the date) please send me a private message if you're interested in trying this out.

*UPDATE*

So this morning I spent some time working player profiles. You'll be able to search for a registered user by their in-game toon as long as they are registered at the site (free). a couple of screen shots. one is a bounty hunter logged in, the other a sage. the images are not final, neither is the layout. i just did a quick google search for the appropriate images.

http://i45.tinypic.com/2uqdgmx.png

http://i47.tinypic.com/bddl1.png

Seems to me you found a W3 certificate in your burrito and now you're eager to use your wd skills... lolz just teasing. Either way, it's cool but as others suggested, drop the 1vs1 or at the least don't try to push that as the main event!

the most difficult part will be styling the layout interface (which if you know about web development, it's actually quite simple).

Difficult but simple, got it. Wait.... whut?

yea i've dropped the whole "mainly 1v1's thing" and its now about skirmishes and battles 1v1s 2v2s 3v3s and 4v4s. im even working on a guild ladder so you can see who the top guild is on the server.... we'll see about that.