SA Relics getting fixed next patch

I don't know if this is widely known already but BW posted on reddit that the double SA fix is coming really soon.

The fix is slated for the next patch. ;)

Source

No longer forced to spec into self-heal talent for Snipers/Slingers? Anni/Watchmen, Madness/Balance should remain unaffected because they're not forced into their self-healing talents anyways. I think it's still a good relic combination though even without the healing bug.

Edited by paowee

Gordon13 - Drgordon | Chosen | Prophecy of the Five 1 hour ago

Why would it still work if they are saying they're fixing them? The relic stacking was the bigger problem IMO.

permalinkparentreportgive goldreply

paoweeotter 14 minutes ago*

Because Double SA relics work (at the moment) in 2 ways.

1. Without a self-heal talent, it works the way one would think it would from reading the tooltip. One relic will proc a power buff (from your damage abilities once every 20 seconds). The other one will do the same.

2. With a self-heal talent you get an "extra" power surge buff within those 20 seconds.

The 2.4 video i made showing both in action.

• Without a self heal talent you see 2 Power Surge buffs proc at 0:09. You don't see them again until 0:29 seconds.
  • With a self heal talent you see 2 Power Surge buffs proc at 0:10, and then you get an extra proc at 0:15.

EDIT: Well apparently BW stated that even 2 SA relics are not intended? According to this guy

Edited by paowee

Simple easy and very fast way to fix it: static stats like the old Battlemaster/War Hero relic.

Indeed. Incidentally I parse higher on both the dummy and in live ops with EWH BA as one of my relics compared with Underworld BA/SA equivalents.

Edited by Projawa