Enhancement (mod) questions on unsocketted armor.

ComeAndSee

I have some questions regarding enhancements on empty socketted equipment.

Like I have an unsocketted chest item that says it has 40 armor (it's lvl 28 heavy armor), but my current chest has 400 armor.

How exactly does adding mods increase the armor from 40 to lets say 400? I know you can add the +40 armor mod with stats, but how does that boost the stats? Do all sockets increase your armor?

only the Armoring mod item will increase your armor rating. the other mods are stat boosters.

the armor stat and the armor rating are slightly different stats, they give you the same thing in the end but are displayed different ways on items. you can not directly compare Armor rating and armor. a end game item will have (861 Armor (Rating 140)) but the mod will only show the Rating. it has to be in the item for the Armor to show up.

the good news is you can easily see which is better just by looking at the rating.

only the Armoring mod item will increase your armor rating. the other mods are stat boosters.

the armor stat and the armor rating are slightly different stats, they give you the same thing in the end but are displayed different ways on items. you can not directly compare Armor rating and armor. a end game item will have (861 Armor (Rating 140)) but the mod will only show the Rating. it has to be in the item for the Armor to show up.

the good news is you can easily see which is better just by looking at the rating.

Thanks for replying, but it didn't answer my question. :(

Like right now I have this orange unsocketted chest piece that says it has 40 armor, but the only item modification I can add is +44 armor. So will it only have 88 armor in the end or is there some multiplication that'll give it say an extra 200 armor or am I missing something with the armor mod?

• 2 weeks later...
Thanks for replying, but it didn't answer my question. :(

Like right now I have this orange unsocketted chest piece that says it has 40 armor, but the only item modification I can add is +44 armor. So will it only have 88 armor in the end or is there some multiplication that'll give it say an extra 200 armor or am I missing something with the armor mod?

I don't know where you are getting the +44 Armor, no such armoring slot has this attribute that I have seen so far. I believe you are looking at the 'Rating.'

Rating determines the 'overall' amount of armor something will have. It is NOT a flat value of incremental increase/decrease. So if you have something with a value of 70, it will have less armor then a piece of gear with 80. You can only see the difference in value by hovering over the item to see the tooltip comparisons. This also raises or lowers a piece or gears overall level. Think of it like a scale, such as '1-100' or however high the ratings go. 1 would equal something weak, while 100 equals something strong.

EX: A empty, orange Helm (orange gear simply means it's mod able, not legendary, just that you can change it's stats and value) with 25 armor = Rating 6. Add an armoring component with a 94 Rating and the armor sky-rockets to 582. Do you see the difference?

Rating applies to all primary slots on equipment and determines it base values. With this in mind it is important to know that there are many different modification components:

'Armoring' , 'Barrel' , 'Hilt' - These have a base rating and determine the primary/basic attributes (armor or damage) of the piece of equipment they are assigned to.

'Mod' , 'Enhancement' , 'Augment' , 'Color Crystal' - These have NO effect on a piece of equipments base value, however, they do adjust the gears STATS. Value and Stats are different in this regard. Also, Crystals change energy based weapons color glow.

I hope this clears up your confusion. Just know the Ratings aren't flat values, just an easy base for determining if something will or will not benefit you.

ALSO -- Very important. Sometimes when adding Armoring, or similar items, the tooltip will not accurately update the items NEW values and stats. No worries, try equipping it and see that it should update after you do that. This, as far as I can tell is a minor bug, soon to be fixed I hope.

TY!