Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Class Changes Coming in Game Update 4.5

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Classes
Class Changes Coming in Game Update 4.5
First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

RikuvonDrake
05.13.2016 , 11:19 AM | #21
I must say that I am a tab bit disappointed with the lack of changes or even a comment in regards to where Marksmanship/Sharpshooter (MM/SS) is heading following this balance patch. I think most of us can agree that MM/SS is trailing behind a bit to much in terms of DPS output and viability in bossfights. I have always held Sniper/Gunslinger high due to it's flexibility in terms of specc as the three are very different and shine in their own unique way. However, since 4.0 I have far from had the same feeling, early on MM/SS were far to high and made it the go-to specc for all bossfights, with the nerfs in the following patch (4.2?) Virulence became the favorite with Saboteur/Engineering being highly situational and MM/SS very rare.

If possible, I would love if the Combat Team would be able to take a look at MM/SS and give us a comment or even hint at possible changes in regards to how the specc performance currently, we have some discussions going on in this thread "Make Marksmanship Great Again", maybe take a look and give us some feedback?

Bloodworthy - Tomb of Freedon Nadd - The Red Eclipse - Darth Malgus

Saga - FriendlyFire - Mango

toomanyluigis
05.13.2016 , 11:20 AM | #22
Erm eric, what about pyrotech's Incendiary Missile?
Wasnt that also affected by propulsion systems for mercs prior to 3.0? Is it going to be reduced to 10m for PTs too?

(Also any fix on the sound bugs for some skills?)

FlavivsAetivs
05.13.2016 , 11:23 AM | #23
Quote:
Serenity
  • The radius of Force in Balance has been reduced to 5 meters (down from 8 meters).
What the heck. Another shadow nerf? Because we TOTALLY need that...

Both Shadow Classes need to be buffed, not nerfed.

~ Eudoxia
A.K.A. Magister Militum Flavius Aetius
Eudoxia Eudoxya
<Aeterna Vigilantia>
Jedi Covenant

znihilist
05.13.2016 , 11:25 AM | #24
Oh man, it only took you 6 months to do them?

However, kudos on the developer notes, that one is well done. However, too little too late for the effect of the severe unbalance the game has been for all this time.
SWTOR: KotFE, Rise of the Ehh I guess I'll get used to it eventually

AndoEyrune
05.13.2016 , 11:26 AM | #25
Quote: Originally Posted by FlavivsAetivs View Post
What the heck. Another shadow nerf? Because we TOTALLY need that...

~ Eudoxia
It's really only a nerf in PvP, where shadows are arguably one of the strongest classes right now. In PvE there are only a handful of fights where the nerf will show, and even those fights aren't really DPS checks.
Vendrine <LØS>

"I'm Done"
-Kytera 2016 (RIP)

FlavivsAetivs
05.13.2016 , 11:27 AM | #26
Quote: Originally Posted by AndoEyrune View Post
It's really only a nerf in PvP, where shadows are arguably one of the strongest classes right now. In PvE there are only a handful of fights where the nerf will show, and even those fights aren't really DPS checks.
Shadow Tanks wearing DPS gear are what make them strong. The actual DPS specs are underperforming in PvP and especially in PvE.

~ Eudoxia
A.K.A. Magister Militum Flavius Aetius
Eudoxia Eudoxya
<Aeterna Vigilantia>
Jedi Covenant

T_T_P
05.13.2016 , 11:28 AM | #27
My only question regarding class balance is, when will Hatred/Serenity get their much needed dps buff? A squishy melee dps class should not have the lowest single target dps out of all classes.
Solana - The Red Eclipse

marekdusek
05.13.2016 , 11:28 AM | #28
The sage/sorc nerf shall balance the current spread in PvE healing classes - currently 57% of all healing parses done via StarParse are sages/sorcs.

Interestingly enough, although VG/PT DPS perform really great (and are a go-to class for the most difficult fights in the game), their share in DPS parses is somewhat subpar - roughly 8% (similar to guard/jugg, compared to 28% of mando/merc). I guess players just has not been appreciating their potentional enough, well too late now :-)

(Source: http://ixparse.com/stats )
Ixale | Please help me improve StarParse @ http://ixparse.com
Follow http://twitter.com/starparse

Loki_
05.13.2016 , 11:28 AM | #29
When are you going to address the fact that tanks do not need 3000 defense rating and fix the stats so gear has absorb mods again instead of too much defense ?

Why even create an enhancement with absorb and defense on it just for 4.0 it does not make sense what so ever Option 1 shield defense option 2 should have been shield absorb ..

Superquarky
05.13.2016 , 11:35 AM | #30
Why did death field need a nerf exactly? It doesn't spread dots anymore, no designer notes either eh?
Vysaerys - Last Resort - Shadowlands
Vy'rana - Solace Empire - Begeren Colony