Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

is healing really that bad in this game?

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Classes
is healing really that bad in this game?

MrSteak
01.23.2012 , 05:56 PM | #241
No, healing in this game does not suck. What sucks are the players who can't figure out how to keybind to optimize their healing style.

Personally, I find the number pad and the F keys to be sufficient for my group. The only trouble comes when I don't have a group and need to heal my companion.

Hermanlee
01.23.2012 , 06:03 PM | #242
Quote: Originally Posted by MrSteak View Post
No, healing in this game does not suck. What sucks are the players who can't figure out how to keybind to optimize their healing style.

Personally, I find the number pad and the F keys to be sufficient for my group. The only trouble comes when I don't have a group and need to heal my companion.
Keybinds don't make my hot icons any bigger on the op frames. The UI is viable but viable =/= fun to use.
http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.ph...terityRequired

A clunky healing UI doesn't add difficulty, it adds irritation.

Walldorf
01.23.2012 , 06:50 PM | #243
Healing in ToR is fine as it is. Long phases of booooooring times and some times fast pased put out everything times. Operations at and after hardmode are just fine to get things going.

The UI isn't that great to heal with but it work out easy after some houres of gameplay. I wouldn't even change the ui, everbody has the same ugly no benefit ui everyone has, sperates even more players with skill from those who have no skill ^^.

xioix
02.14.2012 , 08:12 PM | #244
Quote: Originally Posted by Cleet_Xia View Post
Things I don't like...

#1. The fact that only a few tanks and other healers seem to understand how long it takes for me to recharge between fights. My bars are nearly always almost gone, because nobody ever spent a single med pack or heal on me - not even me. By the time I've got my bars full- people are normally getting out of range and LOS. When I haven't even had a chance to check my map or get any loot. My job becomes typing "WAIT" over and over. I spend every battle watching their bars, and they can't even waste 1 second to look at mine. Now that I think about it - I'm going to implement a policy of not typing "wait"- and just let them get killed from now on. How can I emphasize this point more?
I agree. That's why I don't like playing a healer. You basically spend more time looking at health bars rather than the game world. Also, you are the tank's "slave." He can pull as fast as he wants and you basically just have to follow along in panic or like you said, typing "wait" every 3 mins.