Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Your joking right? You gonna nerf BH??

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Classes
Your joking right? You gonna nerf BH??

WutsInAName
03.05.2012 , 02:40 PM | #11
Quote: Originally Posted by -Kraxis- View Post
Ultima Online is where I first encountered "nerf"...

Very close..... now which specific thing was nerfed.....

Vanq weapons. hence the term. over night it was like going from swing a powerful weapon to weilding a nerf bat. Hence the term nerfed!

Ifrit
03.05.2012 , 02:41 PM | #12
It may also just be the stacking TM debuffs we have which wouldn't be a big change.

Vid-szhite
03.05.2012 , 02:46 PM | #13
Quote: Originally Posted by BendakStarkiller View Post
Which leads me to think that its the general tree, pyrotech.
Why would anyone think Pyro and not Tracer Missile? Pyro PT isn't nearly as infamous.

Ifrit
03.05.2012 , 02:48 PM | #14
Quote: Originally Posted by Vid-szhite View Post
Why would anyone think Pyro and not Tracer Missile? Pyro PT isn't nearly as infamous.
less played doesn't mean less OP.

BendakStarkiller
03.05.2012 , 02:49 PM | #15
That is one point for a TM nerf.

But realistically if they were truly balancing then pyro would be first, spammable 3-5k railshot hits do more damage than TM any day of the week.

However like you said few people play PT compared to Merc.
Fresh peaches and slants of sunlight are commonly seen during times of flow.Flowing can occur in the bathtub and in the shower, and itís no mistake that water FLOWS. JOIN SARK today. Do it. (OCTWO DETWO)

Vid-szhite
03.05.2012 , 02:49 PM | #16
Quote: Originally Posted by Ifrit View Post
less played doesn't mean less OP.
Still doesn't make sense because Merc Pyro is weaker than PT Pyro, and nerfing Pyro would nerf both. Pyro also takes far more skill.

Annihilation Marauders still beat PT Pyro, and Marauder isn't getting nerfed.

ouTJumped
03.05.2012 , 02:51 PM | #17
Quote: Originally Posted by Vid-szhite View Post
Still doesn't make sense because Merc Pyro is weaker than PT Pyro, and nerfing Pyro would nerf both. Pyro also takes far more skill.

Annihilation Marauders still beat PT Pyro, and Marauder isn't getting nerfed.
This. If they nerf pyro too much, there won't be a point to them except as tanks.
Vurik- 50 Annihilation Marauder-
Lasmi- 40 Pyrotech Powertech-

Juyo Server

Vid-szhite
03.05.2012 , 02:56 PM | #18
Quote: Originally Posted by Ifrit View Post
It may also just be the stacking TM debuffs we have which wouldn't be a big change.
They didn't say it was a big nerf, just a nerf. Even just adding a short cooldown to TM would fit that criteria for "Bounty Hunter Nerf".

Enemyone
03.05.2012 , 03:04 PM | #19
I feel shades of wow coming back to haunt me i played a hunter for years and often got nerfed. We are a ranged class, and because of that melee cries becasue we do damage from a distance. That being said I will reserve judgement till i know what exactly this nerf is, could be something that is not much of a nerf, could in fact be a game changer for alot of people we shall see.
YOU WILL JOIN US OR DIE
Long live the Shadow Corp

-Kraxis-
03.05.2012 , 03:11 PM | #20
Quote: Originally Posted by WutsInAName View Post
Very close..... now which specific thing was nerfed.....

Vanq weapons. hence the term. over night it was like going from swing a powerful weapon to weilding a nerf bat. Hence the term nerfed!
Oh you mean back when Plate Armor wearing Mages were 1 shotting people with "Pre-Patch" Heavy X-Bows of Vanquishing?... lol

Had almost forgotten about that...

I wish SWTOR made me feel the same way UO did back then: Giddy and like a child exploring a whole new world.