Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

How many are giving up on Shadow tanks?

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Classes
How many are giving up on Shadow tanks?

vVvCheese
07.30.2013 , 09:34 AM | #271
Quote: Originally Posted by msfyoung View Post
36k hp surviving 37k over 3s requires one dot/bubble/whatever. Followup damage is assuming facts not in evidence - if there's followup it should be provided so we can determine if it is in fact not possible to heal. I responded only to the statement of 37k in 3s, which is not a problem.
You're living in that special place I call "theory land". There is no source of damage in the game that has absolutely no follow up that's of any concern in current content. In your special theory land I should require no heals at all from anything since nothing in the game actually bursts through all my HP at once since I have nearly 40k (all low endurance 72s, 1 BiS piece of 75s, 1 good 75 enhancement, and 1 high end 75 mod).

These spikes are ALWAYS coming in amongst other damage, including raid damage.

Theory land is lovely for assassins, I should vacation there sometime.

Oh and the followup damage is IN the evidence, I'm the one with the parses.
Tenebras/Simulara
I've cleared all the content, probably before you.
Now I just PvP, and probably farm you.

msfyoung
07.30.2013 , 09:48 AM | #272
Quote: Originally Posted by vVvCheese View Post
Oh and the followup damage is IN the evidence, I'm the one with the parses.
They're in evidence when they have been presented to the court, or in this case the forum, not because they're sitting on your HDD.

Once again, I responded to someone claiming that 37k damage in 3.2s resulted in a dead toon. This is only possible with bad healing. You are trying to make a general point about spikiness which is not what I commented on.

vVvCheese
07.30.2013 , 10:00 AM | #273
They're in evidence when they have been presented to the court, or in this case the forum, not because they're sitting on your HDD.

Once again, I responded to someone claiming that 37k damage in 3.2s resulted in a dead toon. This is only possible with bad healing. You are trying to make a general point about spikiness which is not what I commented on.
Post #250 in this thread, and then again referenced in #257.

You're either not reading the thread or trying to cherry pick to win a forum argument. Either way, not really worth the effort to persuade. The problem, with both the tanking situation and the magnitude of potential damage has been pretty clearly presented over the course of the thread. Your net contribution to this thread would increase dramatically if you didn't reopen it.
Tenebras/Simulara
I've cleared all the content, probably before you.
Now I just PvP, and probably farm you.

Yngow
07.30.2013 , 10:27 AM | #274
Also the fact that you can survive is nothing, yes you can survive but the spikes are very frequent and not predictable, a pt for example due to the small amount of cooldowns will eventually take a high spike but that is predictable and the raid can be ready for it, the tank just needs to say he's out of cds and a big dmg is incoming (due to smooth dmg profile you can predict high spikes on pts easily). A shadow on the other hand can take a spike at any time which makes it really hard to be ready for it with a cd or a healer assistance, that makes shadows require a healer to babysit him and treat him as if every situation was a high dmg situation, which could lead to tunnel vision (and other raid members dieing) or even situations where you cannot heal because of mechanics and the tank dieing (healer in a nightmare, healer with firebug on thrasher, healer lost on dash....).
Empire/Republic of TAW - Prophecy of the Five
Illyan - Powertech ; Lellian - Jedi Sentinel ; Le'lian - Scoundrel ; L'aayla - Sith Juggernaut ; Harrden - Commando ; Lellyana - Sith Sorcerer ; Viagro - Sniper ; Lelsara - Jedi Shadow

Berjiz
07.30.2013 , 03:30 PM | #275
Quote: Originally Posted by MillionsKNives View Post
How about in the first 3.2 seconds when they're still casting their puddles to keep the rest of the group alive. And that was with shielding two of the attacks, and avoiding the last one altogether (being dead and all).

Seems a lot of blame keeps getting put on the healers when it comes to shadows/sins when a guardian or a vanguard would have survived the same thing just fine.
Then you could probably use overcharge saber. Gives heal and dr, perfect for stuff like that.

kwestone
07.30.2013 , 03:47 PM | #276

LOL you are still trolling this thread guy? You remind me of people who argued that the Earth was flat, years after it was proved otherwise.

Balsagne
12.22.2013 , 01:42 PM | #277
Shadow tanks are very viable you just need to learn the class better

ArchangelLBC
12.22.2013 , 01:58 PM | #278
Quote: Originally Posted by Balsagne View Post
You're a bad person.
In update 2.9 the game will simply uninstall itself for you.

-Wnd

mastirkal
12.22.2013 , 02:19 PM | #279
Quote: Originally Posted by ArchangelLBC View Post
You're a bad person.
At least he's right.

Leafy_Bug
12.23.2013 , 07:08 AM | #280
Quote: Originally Posted by mastirkal View Post
At least he's right.

Quote: Originally Posted by Balsagne View Post