Biometric crystal alloy

bladenine

They drop from the last bosses in Hard Mode Flashpoints or from any boss in Normal Mode Eternity Vault and Normal Mode Karagga's Palace. They are Bind on Pickup so you must do these yourself if you ever want to craft endgame items. Edited by copasetic

• 4 weeks later...
I don't know how it is for crafts besides Artifice, but unless its the visuals I'm after, why am I going to craft a R120/lvl48 lightsaber when I'm already doing HM flashpoints?

Can they get an augment slot?

Yes, they can get an augment slot. Between that, the unique skins, and the removable basemods coming in 1.2 that will allow you to remove the mods from your raid drops and put them in crafted, its actually probably a good idea to start crafting some of these now. I expect prices of critically crafted gear will soar after that.

Yes, they can get an augment slot. Between that, the unique skins, and the removable basemods coming in 1.2 that will allow you to remove the mods from your raid drops and put them in crafted, its actually probably a good idea to start crafting some of these now. I expect prices of critically crafted gear will soar after that.

Thank you, in that case I can see them being worthwhile. I don't much like the two appearances but I can live with the lord scourge looking saber. The other one looks like an unfinished lightsaber.

Really...if this is supposed to be an end game weapon...why is it a level 48 weapon and not level 50?

Really...if this is supposed to be an end game weapon...why is it a level 48 weapon and not level 50?

Because of the default mods it comes with.

It's not supposed to automatically have the best of everything, which is what it would be if it came with all level 50 mods.

It's a level 48 Req weapon that is probably still going to be as good as whatever weapon you have at 50 before you start adding in the Daily rewards.

Yes, its kind of odd that you need BoP mats from a level 50 FP in order to make a level 48 weapon, but it does make some sense.

I think it makes sense solely because you can upgrade it to become better than a raid drop weapon (once we have 1.2) otherwise not so much. Right now at lvl 49 My sentinel wields a couple of R124 hilt lightsabers with R22 enhancements, easily better than the R120 lightsaber we're talking about. But once you craft one with an augment slot, its not hard to see how good that 5 slot weapon can be.

Once we have the 1.2 patch, you can take your R140 rakata saber, pop out everything, and put in the stat augment of your choice. Instantly better than the next guy's R140 rakata weapon.