A positive post

PandaKeeper

Seeing a lot of good and a lot of negative in the forums right now. I dont get involved in the forums much but i thought id post to just say - my wife and I have been here since Beta albeit on and off. We're back, didnt even KNOW that there was a server merge and big changes happening but nevertheless are still enjoying the game even as it is right now.

Still love the class stories. Still love all the content beyond that. We even like the galactic command stuff as we feel like we can be rewarded for just doing stuff we enjoy doing.

I still love the starfox style space combat as well. But I wish the population was higher so that more GSF matches popped. No pre-70 PVP pops at all anymore. But i think server merges will solve that (hopefully).

Anyhow, just saying i still enjoy the game as much as I did on day 1.

Oh: And I love the great new pet companion in the cartel store. Got mine last night... he's great :D

Welcome back to you and your wife! Glad you're still enjoying the game.:) I hope you continue to have loads of more fun!:D

As for the forums, we're all passionate about the game we love, and we all express ourselves in different ways. I guess sometimes it's bound to look like a crock of negativity and perhaps it is, but I think most of us want to see this game thrive. :)

Edited by Eshvara

Seeing a lot of good and a lot of negative in the forums right now. I dont get involved in the forums much but i thought id post to just say - my wife and I have been here since Beta albeit on and off. We're back, didnt even KNOW that there was a server merge and big changes happening but nevertheless are still enjoying the game even as it is right now.

Still love the class stories. Still love all the content beyond that.

Yes. The class stories are one of the best, if not the best, features of the game, in my opinion.

We even like the galactic command stuff as we feel like we can be rewarded for just doing stuff we enjoy doing.

Yeah. I'm going to have to rain on your parade.

Actually, it's more like calling a spade a spade.

The RNG is bad. You've been here since beta, so you know you could get commendations or crystals (or whatever they called gear currency back then) commendations from doing dalies/weeklies, and you could get pvp commedations from doing WZs and the PVP dailies and weeklies. In 4.x, you could get i think 5 basic coms from doing the daily planetary heroics.

So, I find the argument of

we feel like we can be rewarded for just doing stuff we enjoy doing.
to have little to no meaning. Also, I suspect (but can't quote or reference cold, hard, indisputable facts) that the GC/CXP/RNG system was the proverbial final straw for a lot of players. If you're not aware, BW did like 1 or 2 live streams IN DECEMBER of last year to try to do some damage control when all these "I quit" posts started hitting the forums (Yes. Some have returned, but likely those who have returned are small in number. Otherwise, server merges wouldn't be happening now). It should be noted that December is typically BW's quietest month due to the holidays. Yet, they did so called "emergency" live streams for damage controll. Also, they introduced a little survey/feedback thing when cancelling asking you why you are unsubscribing. GC may not have been the only reason a lot of people left, but I find it hard to believe it was not a major factor at all.

And I don't want to hear "they're fixing it in 5.6 with earning UC from disintegration."

There's still a lot of dislike of the GC/CXP/RNG system even among the few of us who still remain in spite of that system, and BW just continues to stick with it.

What's the definition of insanity again?

I don't mean to attack you. I vehemently oppose this system and am always tempted to rebut arguments in favor of it because BW, being legalistic, can look at posts like yours and say "The community likes the GC/CXP/RNG, so let's keep it. And, then we can say 'We listen to our players'."

I still love the starfox style space combat as well. But I wish the population was higher so that more GSF matches popped. No pre-70 PVP pops at all anymore. But i think server merges will solve that (hopefully).
Are you referring to GSF or the PVE space missions?

I'll admit, I think GSF improved with this last update. I played a few matches since 5.5 dropped, and I kinda enjoyed them. I even did the weekly, and it didnt' feel like a grind at all.

I know it's hardly talked about anymore, but I like the PVE space missions. But, for whatever reason, like the macrobinoculars and seeker droid, they haven't really received any updates since their debut. If PVE space missions did get any updates after launch, then they haven't received any updates in a good while. Which is kinda sad.

Anyhow, just saying i still enjoy the game as much as I did on day 1.

Oh: And I love the great new pet companion in the cartel store. Got mine last night... he's great :D

In spite of my GC/CXP/RNG rant, I really am glad you are here and enjoying the game. :)

There were/are some people here that I truly wonder if they subscribe SOLELY to complain on the forums :eek:

And I don't want to hear "they're fixing it in 5.6 with earning UC from disintegration."

What's the definition of insanity again?

The definition of insanity is doing the same thing over and over again and expecting a different result.

But while you may not want to hear it -- it doesn't change the fact (yes, fact) that it is a structural change.

Put differently, they are not doing the same thing over and over again. The change is fundamental. My guess is they will screw up the conversion rate to start, but the change post-Nov. 28th is structural; ergo, they are not doing the same thing over and over again. Your argument would be more persuasive if you actually gave a specific criticism about the new system.

Oh, and to the OP -- welcome back!

Dasty

Edited by Jdast

The definition of insanity is doing the same thing over and over again and expecting a different result.

Fortunately, they are not doing the same thing over and over again. The change is fundamental. My guess is they will screw up the conversion rate to start, but the change post-Nov. 28th is structural; ergo, they are not doing the same thing over and over again. Your argument would be more persuasive if you actually gave a specific criticism about the new system.

Dasty

You know the conversion rate is going to minuscule.

You know the conversion rate is going to minuscule.

Well, I certainly predict / surmise that. But this is a thread about positivity -- we can discuss it in the other thread, but I've already made clear my shared skepticism with you about the initial conversion rate.

In any case, OP -- again, welcome back! I returned almost one year ago after playing the first year of the game so, like you, it's nice to run through a bunch of stored up content.

Dasty

Edited by Jdast

But while you may not want to hear it -- it doesn't change the fact (yes, fact) that it is a structural change.

Put differently, they are not doing the same thing over and over again. The change is fundamental. My guess is they will screw up the conversion rate to start, but the change post-Nov. 28th is structural; ergo, they are not doing the same thing over and over again. Your argument would be more persuasive if you actually gave a specific criticism about the new system.

Dasty

RNG is and always has been the criticism.

What BW is doing in 5.6 is throwing a bone or the illusion of a bone to ust. Keeping the RNG in gearing is the same thing that they are doing over and over again.

You will never convince me that RNG as a method of gearing, the way that GC implements it, is a good way of gearing. You don't need to search that long and hard in the forums to understand why I think (and others) think it is bad.

I'm not too worried about the negative nancy types. Those who enjoy something dont owe anyone an explaination because other people disagree. Pretty sad that on a post where someone was genuinely trying to express appreciation, there was still gonna be a guy / gal that comes in with a tirade.

Ah well though, i'm off doing my thing and enjoying the game. Now to figure this decorating thing out...

I'm not too worried about the negative nancy types. Those who enjoy something dont owe anyone an explaination because other people disagree. Pretty sad that on a post where someone was genuinely trying to express appreciation, there was still gonna be a guy / gal that comes in with a tirade.

Ah well though, i'm off doing my thing and enjoying the game. Now to figure this decorating thing out...

I'm sorry I got on my soapbox.

While I hold strong to my views on CXP/GC/RNG, I do genuinely like this game. Otherwise, why would I stay a subscriber?

Yes, this game can improve, and I and I believe others, offer criticism because we like the game so much that we want to see it succeed. I think some bad decisions have been made for this game, but that doesn't mean the game is ruined. I think with the right creative talent and leadership, the game can once again produce good content.

I may not agree with every single thing Keith has done while lead producer, but overall, I think he is good for this game. And, I believe that he genuinely wants to improve the game and that his heart is in the right place.