Anyone completed the Bounty Event?

Ayelinna

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I have 4 kingpin kills and the sniper to visit yet tonight then I'll be golden and I already have guildies lined up to help with them all so barring some unplanned event I'll finish tonight. And I have a ton of token saved up too so I'm expecting to be able to cap rep again once the weekly cap resets and I MIGHT still have some tokens left over for a second week.

Just got 100% for the bounty event on my achievements, all there is to do now is use up my reputation tokens so I can buy the gear :D

Has anyone else rushed through it?

I finished my last bounties and got my Wanted Dead or Alive title Saturday morning. Now I'm just farming rep and have enough saved up to max out my reputation for the next 4 weeks.

Yeah I hit 100% and got the Wanted: Dead Or Alive title on Sunday. That's the main thing I was after, I'm not that bothered about the rep items, the armour and weapons are pretty ugly. Will probably get the Treek customisation and mount though.

I really enjoyed the Bounty Hunter event, it gave me a chance to see how my different toons could handle the various Kingpins. Some fared much better than others. Biggest pushover was my dps Commando + tank Treek vs Arkan. Biggest roadblock was heal Sorc + tank Xalek vs Lord Trok - that fight took an embarrassing amount of time.

I finished my last bounties and got my Wanted Dead or Alive title Saturday morning. Now I'm just farming rep and have enough saved up to max out my reputation for the next 4 weeks.

This. I'll be getting my dead or alive title today (unless I get more "help" on Tatooine -_-) and have mapped out the trophies I need to get where I want to.

The moment I saw that title I knew I wanted to power through this event and get everything I need a soon as possible. I made it a point to have enough trophies to cap the Czerka rep this week without doing anything then once the event is over it's back to Czerka for me!

I really love the speeders you get from the BBA and Czerka. I'm one of those people that has a specific speeder for each AC to match their theme, and my bounty hunter absolutely need the BBA speeder. Not many speeders look good on a body type 3 without making you look like a fat guy in a little coat.

I got all my shiny titles this weekend, so I'm good.

I should've probably kept going to hoard more reputation items but... meh, can't be bothered after doing the same thing for so many days in a row.

I'll finish the rep when it comes back. :o

100% since day 3. Would have been day 2 but i dun killed one of my kingpins I was supposed to capture. Kind of bummed about the no purple rep tokens... Im a fan of getting the event rep items out of my inventory ASAP. guess its going to be an extra week or two this time.

These event bring out the GET R DUN in me... i feel the need to rush through them the first couple days in case I decide to have a real life on the weekends.

Edited by SlimsPicken

Same here. I'm now hoarding rep trophies and contracts to unlock all kingpins on my characters so I can help out others in the future events.

Just got 100% for the bounty event on my achievements, all there is to do now is use up my reputation tokens so I can buy the gear :D

Has anyone else rushed through it?

Only thing worth getting is the droid pet and the drake imo

Yeah I got my title yesterday. I'm a little dissapointed how they make these recurring events that can pretty easily be completed in a single week. It seems they may have put the henchmen randomize in to try and make it harder to get them all, but really. If they are going to design events with the intent of doing them once a month, there should either be:

1. 3-4 times the amount of things done so it's pretty much impossible (or better yet literally impossible) to complete everything in one or two events. Rep doesn't count here, I'm talking achievements and things to do.

2. Have it so you can complete everything in the event in one run, but add new things each subsequent run.

They messed this up with the Gree event too and it annoys me. Just sloppy/lazy design.

Edited by Arlon_Nabarlly

Yeah I got my title yesterday. I'm a little dissapointed how they make these recurring events that can pretty easily be completed in a single week. It seems they may have put the henchmen randomize in to try and make it harder to get them all, but really. If they are going to design events with the intent of doing them once a month, there should either be:

1. 3-4 times the amount of things done so it's pretty much impossible (or better yet literally impossible) to complete everything in one or two events. Rep doesn't count here, I'm talking achievements and things to do.

2. Have it so you can complete everything in the event in one run, but add new things each subsequent run.

They messed this up with the Gree event too and it annoys me. Just sloppy/lazy design.

No, no, no! I guarantee you that most of the people playing this game are not able to even come close to completing the event achievements in one week. This event will probably have to run at least 6 times before I can kill AND capture all bounties.

If you're part of the 1% that has the time to run through everything in a day, don't complain about the lack of content! You are not in the majority. Try pacing yourself, you may find that you get more enjoyment in the long run.

Nope, not even close. The event is coming back, so I don't see the point of rushing.

QFT.

No need to battle some lag (only on lower toons not able to access Voss or Alderaan or even Tattooine yet).

And the Gree event taught me no need to rush it.

Edited by Jacen_Starsolo

No, no, no! I guarantee you that most of the people playing this game are not able to even come close to completing the event achievements in one week. This event will probably have to run at least 6 times before I can kill AND capture all bounties.

If you're part of the 1% that has the time to run through everything in a day, don't complain about the lack of content! You are not in the majority. Try pacing yourself, you may find that you get more enjoyment in the long run.

So more content is somehow bad? We should play the game slower because the devs can't get it out fast enough. That's the kinda things that causes people to leave MMOs.

I posted a suggestion thread on improving recurring events. People feel free to list whether you agree or disagree. http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?p=6677180#post6677180

I 100% the achievements early yesterday morning, and I thought that it was a really fun event. I didn't get too frustrated, people were willing to help, the rewards are good, and I have a metric crap-ton of rep tokens.

I mean, the only thing that bugged me was when I was trying to find T'rubba on planets where he couldn't spawn, according to Dulfy.

The titles are great, and I love the adaptive gear that you can buy.

Now, to get that HK customization...

There are clearly two camps on this. Those that were able grind out all the achievements and bank a ton of rep tokens and those that were not able to do so. The reasons vary as to why they weren't able (no time, not enough Alts, delayed by other players, encountered bugs, etc. ) but clearly not everyone had the same experience with this event.

I think one thing that Bioware could look at for future events is having a separate achievement for completing all the objectives on a single character as well as for the whole legacy. Maybe adding item drops that require Reputation to use vs Reputation to purchase/use them so that people don't feel the need to grind out the rep just to be able to buy the item etc. It might be worth having more instanced encounters as well. Nothing major, just something along the lines of the FP at CZ-198.

Personally, I loved the event. Absolutely, loved it. Got frustrated every now and then but nothing major. But I can see how this isn't for everyone and I don't think making it harder (or more time consuming) is going to help those people.

I think one thing that Bioware could look at for future events is having a separate achievement for completing all the objectives on a single character as well as for the whole legacy. Maybe adding item drops that require Reputation to use vs Reputation to purchase/use them so that people don't feel the need to grind out the rep just to be able to buy the item etc.

This is a decent idea. The problem with it is that the achievement system isn't set up that way so it would take a major reworking of the achievement system I would think. I do like the idea of adding random drops though. I hadn't done the Gree event in 3 or 4 runs because I finished it first time and didn't feel and urge to play it again, until they added the speeder drop on Xeno. Didn't manage to get it this time so I guess I'll be trying again next time. More drops like this into events is a good idea.