<Starshadow Coalition> - a new guild for new and returning players

Deregen

Are you new to SWTOR or recently returned to the game? Are you looking for a guild that's willing to take their time with flashpoints and not just rush to the end as fast as possible? Would you like a guild where you can actually contribute to things like helping decorate a flagship or a stronghold, and where everything isn't already unlocked and maxed out? Are you turned off by seeing guilds with hundreds of members?

If you answered yes to these questions, then we invite you to take a look at our guilds:

The Starshadow Coalition (Imperial)

The Sunfire League (Republic)

We are not for everyone. We are not hardcore, so if you want a guild that will run operations or flashpoints with you four times a week, that's not us. Likewise, we are not big into PvP, we aren't really roleplayers, and we're not really out to top the leaderboards in conquests every week.

Here is what we are, though:

Smaller size. Our goal is to have a total of around 20 to 30 members (players) - basically enough to enable us to run operations together for fun. We don't really want to grow beyond that number.

Exploration and story-focused. A lot of people playing SWTOR have been repeating content so long that they only want to finish it as fast as possible. Us, we're generally just as happy to spend an evening on Hoth helping you to catch baby taun tauns as we are to go push content.

Not maxed out. That means that everyone can contribute, whether it's by tossing a few credits in the guild bank from time to time, donating decorations (and helping to figure out where to put them), or even just pitching in with some crafting or gathering.

Here's some other stuff to know, just in case.

• Most of us are US PST and are semi-casual players. We won't all be in-game every day - we have lives and other commitments.
  • Most of us are still fairly low level and working our way up through the original game. We haven't hit the expansion stuff yet and probably won't for a while.
  • We strongly value community, allowing people to play at their own pace, quality over quantity, and generally being nice and mature adults to each other.
  • We're not a roleplaying guild and don't plan to be, but if you enjoy roleplaying your character a little as they encounter various situations in-game, that's cool with us.

If you're reading this looking for a guild and those all sound good to you, or even if you just have questions, please feel free to get in touch. The best way right now is to reply to this forum thread or send me a private message.

Edited by Deregen
Update

• 2 weeks later...

Updated the text above, now that we've gotten a little better established from when I first posted this thread. In the last two weeks or so, we have:

- Obtained a shiny, new, harrower-class imperial dreadnaught. It is not yet fully armed and operational, but we're working on that.

- Run flashpoints together every few evenings for several of our members who were seeing them for the first time, and a few times just for fun.

- Set up a republic version of the guild for all of our members' republic characters.

I tried to update the title but the post editor lies about being able to do that :)

Hello, I just started playing again after like 10 years.

I have a level 59 Mercenary BH and I had some good gear and materials. I also have a reasonable understanding of the game mechanics so I could help brand new players and learn some things from others.

This guild sounds like it's just what I'm looking for.

My account name is GHuntington, Main Character is named "Oudae". You can get in touch in game or reply on here. Either one is great!

I have a level 59 Mercenary BH and I had some good gear and materials. I also have a reasonable understanding of the game mechanics so I could help brand new players and learn some things from others.

My account name is GHuntington, Main Character is named "Oudae". You can get in touch in game or reply on here. Either one is great!

Great to hear from you sir, and welcome back to the game! I'll keep an eye out for you in-game this evening and send you a PM if I haven't been able to catch up with you by the time I call it a night :)

Hello,

I'm a casual player, who would like to have a solid team to do Ops and flashpoint's when ever people are available to do it. If that means once a month, then that is totally cool with me. My main objective is to get stuff done and most importantly have fun doing it as well as some laugh's. Let me know if I can join up your group. I sent you a pm as well. One more question; Do you folks have a discord ?.

Hello,

I'm a casual player, who would like to have a solid team to do Ops and flashpoint's when ever people are available to do it. If that means once a month, then that is totally cool with me. My main objective is to get stuff done and most importantly have fun doing it as well as some laugh's. Let me know if I can join up your group. I sent you a pm as well. One more question; Do you folks have a discord ?.

Hi LoneAgent! I responded to your PM. We'd be happy to have you join us! We do have a discord server - we're keeping it to just guild members right now so I can send you the link after you've joined :) In the meantime let me know you have any questions!

Just wanted to jump in to say what a nice group of people we have in Starshadow Coalition so far. I played for awhile when SWTOR first came out, but I didn't get too far before I moved onto other things. I'm merely "okay" as far a player skill and I don't know any of the fight mechanics in the flashpoints. The players in the guild are still more than happy to take me with and help me, and other less experienced players learn the encounters. If you like the idea of a smaller guild with a no pressure approach to the game, I'd encourage you to check us out.

Hi! I tried to add your character to my friends list so I could watch for you to come online, but it seems like it's not working. The name is Oudae, right? And you're on the Satele Shan server? :)

Hello Deregen,

I sent you a Pm with my info. Look me up when you get a chance.

Thank you

Yup yup, got you on friends! We just have to get our schedules to match, now. I'm keeping an eye out when I'm in game!

Let me know when you are on and I can log in to join up.

Tonight is looking terrible (work hit me with a dozen things they need done by tomorrow), but I should be on tomorrow evening (after 5ish pacific) and most of the weekend. Look for my character Nephele Sarain in game, if I don't spot you first.

Sounds intriguing.

I'm a returning player, i stopped playing for almost 5 years and returned the other week. I've got a few characters up to max level but am currently playing through KOTFE content as story is my main draw to this game.

I am from an odd timezone, i'm an Aussie (GMT +10), therefore my hours will kind of be strange, i'm also unlikely to be there for more routine events as my schedule can be erratic, which is why i generally avoid guilds in MMO's as i can never make it to the necessary commitments.

I've also got a small fortune from selling ancient cartel market items with nothing to spend it on (I could buy gear but i hate buying gear, i only like fashion items), therefore would be happy to also spend a little on guild related stuff.

However if you have long term outlooks for the guild don't expect me to be there for too long - when September hits i'll probably disappear for a month or two as Cyberpunk is coming out and that's where my spare time will be allocated.

If that all isn't too averse, i'd certainly be interested in joining.

Sounds intriguing.

I'm a returning player, i stopped playing for almost 5 years and returned the other week. I've got a few characters up to max level but am currently playing through KOTFE content as story is my main draw to this game.

I am from an odd timezone, i'm an Aussie (GMT +10), therefore my hours will kind of be strange, i'm also unlikely to be there for more routine events as my schedule can be erratic, which is why i generally avoid guilds in MMO's as i can never make it to the necessary commitments.

I've also got a small fortune from selling ancient cartel market items with nothing to spend it on (I could buy gear but i hate buying gear, i only like fashion items), therefore would be happy to also spend a little on guild related stuff.

However if you have long term outlooks for the guild don't expect me to be there for too long - when September hits i'll probably disappear for a month or two as Cyberpunk is coming out and that's where my spare time will be allocated.

If that all isn't too averse, i'd certainly be interested in joining.

LOL No worries! I might disappear too when Cyberpunk 2077 finally arrives. At least for a little while :)

If you'd like to join us and hang out on weekends and such you are more than welcome. Shoot me a PM with a character name and I can try to keep an eye out for you to invite!

• 2 weeks later...

I am a brand new player looking to join a guild that welcomes newbs. Vague idea what flashpoints and operations are :p

Still downloading the game as I type this. My IGN is Valineth

Edited by Korindinae

Hi, I recently returned to the game after about a year. I’ve been playing off and on since launch but I only have 2 70+ characters (6 in total between Imperial and Republic) I’m interested in joining.

Please PM me here with how to contact you in-game

I am a brand new player looking to join a guild that welcomes newbs. Vague idea what flashpoints and operations are :p

Still downloading the game as I type this. My IGN is Valineth

Hi Valineth! I'll try to keep an eye out for you in-game this week so we can get you in :) Welcome to TOR!

Hi, I recently returned to the game after about a year. I’ve been playing off and on since launch but I only have 2 70+ characters (6 in total between Imperial and Republic) I’m interested in joining.

Please PM me here with how to contact you in-game

PM sent! Looking forward to catching up with you this week :)

Hey!

Just in case you didn't know about this: https://swtorfancommunity.com/guilds/

That is Swtorista's page of guilds to make it easier to for players to find them.

You just go there & sign your guild up, make sure you update it like once a week so it stays up near the top to show you're active. :) Also she has a discord link on there so you people can find you through it.

GL;HF! :D

Hey!

Just in case you didn't know about this: https://swtorfancommunity.com/guilds/

That is Swtorista's page of guilds to make it easier to for players to find them.

You just go there & sign your guild up, make sure you update it like once a week so it stays up near the top to show you're active. :) Also she has a discord link on there so you people can find you through it.

GL;HF! :D

Thanks for the reminder Cap! I did set us up on that when I formed the guild but... I probably should go update it. I shall go do that today :)

• 2 weeks later...
I too have returned from launch, do you guys use a voice comms? Im pretty bad arthritic and dont want to type much.

Welcome back to the game! We tend to use voice when we're in flashpoints together right now. It's available other times, of course. Just depends who'se online and what we're doing :)