Is The Clone Wars still good?

JediShakespeare

:rak_02:I just watched the clone wars for the first time in a while and I was confused. Maul has metal where his crotch once was. Ahsoka has 2 lightsabers and significant *ahem* bust, and Onderon is back for the first time since KOTOR 2. I'd like your opinions on how the show has changed, if its gotten too ridiculous, and if you think the show is better now than before (if you think it ever was good at all). I stopped watching for a while after they turned the dismissed the Karen Travis style of mandalorians.

you sound like you missed ALOT, including a large portion of ahsoka's character development, he entirety of asajj's revenge arc, the whole savage oppress searching for his brother maul arc, and deathwatch torching an entire village of innocent noncombatants and using droids as target practice (Literraly)

and deathwatch torching an entire village of innocent noncombatants and using droids as target practice (Literraly)

Is it just me or did all of that get overshadowed by the fact that Ahsoka, a character that previously weren't allowed to kill living people because of design choice I guess, chopped off the heads of four people with the same care as I swat flies

Is it just me or did all of that get overshadowed by the fact that Ahsoka, a character that previously weren't allowed to kill living people because of design choice I guess, chopped off the heads of four people with the same care as I swat flies

Hinty, hint, hint of turning to the darkside? I mean I know those people were bad, but a jedi wouldn't just kill 4 people without any remorse or anything of the sort(unless of course sith I suppose). Your really only seeing jedi kill droids here, I mean hell even Anakin was torn between killing Dooku and he was the main enemy.

Edited by Wolfninjajedi

Hinty, hint, hint of turning to the darkside? I mean I know those people were bad, but a jedi wouldn't just kill 4 people without any remorse or anything of the sort(unless of course sith I suppose). Your really only seeing jedi kill droids here, I mean hell even Anakin was torn between killing Dooku and he was the main enemy.

I could see Ahsoka turning to the Dark Side. What with everything that's happening on Onderon with that love triangle.

Yes, Jedi try to avoid killing people unless absolutely necessary. It's one of the first things they are taught by Cin Drallig. Avoid decapitations and amputations. Only disarm your opponent and force his surrender.

I still like 2D CW better, the villains are much more dangerous and cunning. We got a super powerful GG, Durge and Ventress, I also like them to let Dooku mostly stay behind the battlefield and let others do the job for him. In TCW only Maul is threatening enough. That's why I think Maul's return and Satine are the best things in TCW.

I never got the notion though that it was very dark sideish, just overly brutal, she wasn't particularly angry or hateful, and it was because she was surrounded by death watch soldiers

I am on the side though that hopes she goes over to the dark side, would be an interesting turn storywise, and is a good explanation for why she's absent during episode III, why no one wants to mention it and they don't find Anakin a suitable jedi master

But I have my doubts, the show might take a too dark of a turn for what's still technically a kid's show, but I guess I can still cross my fingers

Edited by SNCommand

I never got the notion though that it was very dark sideish, just overly brutal, she wasn't particularly angry or hateful, and it was because she was surrounded by death watch soldiers

I am on the side though that hopes she goes over to the dark side, would be an interesting turn storywise, and is a good explanation for why she's absent during episode III, why no one wants to mention it and they don't find Anakin a suitable jedi master

But I have my doubts, the show might take a too dark of a turn for what's still technically a kid's show, but I guess I can still cross my fingers

I think it would make a good foreshadowing between Anakin vs Obi-Wan.

I second this. With the retcon of Galia and Piell's deaths, what could they have done now?

Am I the only one who prefers their retcons instead of the original?

Like to me, It made no sense General Grevious was a Bada** in The EU when in Ep. 3, Mace says he's a coward who will always run and hide.

Am I the only one who prefers their retcons instead of the original?

Like to me, It made no sense General Grevious was a Bada** in The EU when in Ep. 3, Mace says he's a coward who will always run and hide.

I don't know. Maybe it's me. I don't like when canon gets changed.

Anyway, Adi's death by Savage is canon now. Might as well get over it. Me, not you lol. :D

He almost killed Obi Wan in EP III.

Because Obi-wan Dropped his lightsaber... before then he had cut off 2 of his arms in less than 15 seconds of the fight starting(Literally less than 15 seconds) and then disarmed Grevious with a Force Push.

Edited by BrandonSM

Because Obi-wan Dropped his lightsaber... before then he had cut off 2 of his arms in less than 15 seconds of the fight starting(Literally less than 15 seconds) and then disarmed Grevious with a Force Push.

Now Grievous has magnetic feet doesn't he? He does in the ROTS game. If so, that would make Obi-Wan's Force Push incredibly powerful. Not only pushing someone of noticeable weight, but also magnetized to the ground.

But yeah. Obi-Wan picked his awesome attack apart. That's Soresu for ya.

Edited by Aurbere

And GG still got 2 arms, he once beat 7 Jedi(killed 4) without using his other 2 hands. In the movie he was just not using the right tactic, that Fan style could do no damage but lower his mobility, he rarely used it in 2D.

Now Grievous has magnetic feet doesn't he? He does in the ROTS game. If so, that would make Obi-Wan's Force Push incredibly powerful. Not only pushing someone of noticeable weight, but also magnetized to the ground.

But yeah. Obi-Wan picked his awesome attack apart. That's Soresu for ya.

Yeah, I noticed that too. I think they were trying to emphasize Obi-wans Force Push for the later fight against Anakin. According to somewhere and I forget where unfortunately, Obi-wan had the most powerful Force Push in the JO of that time, and Anakin's growing Dark-Sideness managed to match it.

And GG still got 2 arms, he once beat 7 Jedi(killed 4) without using his other 2 hands. In the movie he was just not using the right tactic, that Fan style could do no damage but lower his mobility, he rarely used it in 2D.

G-Canon Movies overrules that 2D Movie. And your missing the disarmed part and the fact that in the fight he fled in that little wheel vehicle.

He fled in the fight against Obi-wan!

Yeah, I noticed that too. I think they were trying to emphasize Obi-wans Force Push for the later fight against Anakin. According to somewhere and I forget where unfortunately, Obi-wan had the most powerful Force Push in the JO of that time, and Anakin's growing Dark-Sideness managed to match it.

I think it's on his wiki page that his Force Push is the most powerful in the Jedi Order. That means his push is more powerful than Yoda's. But Yoda beats him in Force Wave and other powerful abilities.

Just to match Skywalker in power is no mean feat. Obi-Wan is truly one of the best ever.

G-Canon Movies overrules that 2D Movie. And your missing the disarmed part and the fact that in the fight he fled in that little wheel vehicle.

He fled in the fight against Obi-wan!

G canon novel also stated he was very powerful and could hold against Mace Windu for a while.

G canon novel also stated he was very powerful and could hold against Mace Windu for a while.

He actually did fight Mace and Fisto for some time on Coruscant before they Force Pushed him out of the train car they were fighting in.

But in a straight up fight, Mace Windu wins. Kit Fisto would win also.

Edited by Aurbere

Care to quote that novel?

And I can argue with your 2D Movie for that statement if you want..

Here.

Before Obi-Wan had left Coruscant, Mace Windu had told him of facing

Grievous in single combat atop a mag-lev train during the general's daring

raid to capture Palpatine. Mace had told him how the computers slaved to

Grievous's brain had apparently analyzed even Mace's unconventionally

lethal

Vaapad and had been able to respond in kind after a single exchange.

Also

He has many, many such trophies; the four he carries with him are his

particular favorites. One belonged to the interminable K'Kruhk, whom he

had bested at Hypori; another to the Viraanntesse Jedi Jmmaar, who'd fallen at

Vandos; the other two had been created by Puroth and Nystammall, whom

Grievous had slaughtered together on the flame-grass plains of Tovarskl so

that each would know the other's death, as well as their own; these are

murders he recalls with so much pleasure that touching these

souvenirs with his hands of armorplast and durasteel brings him something

resembling joy.