Running bug

Darth__Reaver

So this is not a big deal to me but I thought I'd bring this up since in the past this has rarely happened "but" recently it's been happening at least twice a day. When I go to run forward sometimes it makes me auto run forward (and it can not stop unless you press S to go backwards. Even if you go backwards your no moving and your too. Is still walking forward. Only way to solve this is too logout of game and back in. Not really a big deal to me since it takes what? 10 seconds to log in and out. However I figured I'd mention this since I feel its a little common. I have tried everything but only logout works. Number key dont work dying dont work... Well getting in a conversation works too it stops the bug. So just wanted you to know.

So this is not a big deal to me but I thought I'd bring this up since in the past this has rarely happened "but" recently it's been happening at least twice a day. When I go to run forward sometimes it makes me auto run forward (and it can not stop unless you press S to go backwards. Even if you go backwards your no moving and your too. Is still walking forward. Only way to solve this is too logout of game and back in. Not really a big deal to me since it takes what? 10 seconds to log in and out. However I figured I'd mention this since I feel its a little common. I have tried everything but only logout works. Number key dont work dying dont work... Well getting in a conversation works too it stops the bug. So just wanted you to know.

Ok this started happening to me too. I finished a conversation on Hoth, and was stuck in running forward mode. I tried every key and mouse press I could, nothing worked to make me stop running like Forrest Gump. I zoned to the space station from Hoth, and it stopped, but as soon as I went back to Hoth it started again. I logged out, and hopefully it will fix itself.

I just wanted you to know you weren't crazy :)

I remember this.. haven't had it in over a year myself, but I recall being able to break out of it by mad button mashing, directional, jumping, mouse clicking, I just mashed everything and the situation would resolve itself.

Would be nice if they could fix this, but I figured, since this is less fussy that logging to get rid of the issue, I'd share.

• 3 weeks later...
This happens to me every time i finish a class quest conversation if I open my preferences and change the key for autorun as soon as I hit apply or ok it stops. So I've been binding and unbinding that key but it is rather annoying to have to do this after so many conversations and if I'm spinning which happens sometimes it is a tad dizzying.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...
Bump!!!! You mean to tell me this crap has been going on since 2014???? Are freaking serious its a major bug!!!! I have sent numerous bug reports in about this i will keep bumping this thread until its resolved. It rarely happens but it happens in clusters and when it does happen its so freaking ridiculous every 10 mins it happens and I have to log in and out and its on my youngest toon this only happens to you people need to start doing your jobs Edited by NakodaTheJedi

Well i be dipped in butter milk. (butter milk yuck)

I had this happen from time to time my self. Just always thought my key board was just dirty and the keys needed cleaning.

So its a freaking Bug Huh?

Well Then BW. Get, ON'Nit!

Edited by Sith-Viscera

Well i be dipped in butter milk. (butter milk yuck)

I had this happen from time to time my self. Just always thought my key board was just dirty and the keys needed cleaning.

So its a freaking Bug Huh?

Well Then BW. Get, ON'Nit!

no its not your keyboard I thought the same thing it'll happen to me right when a convo ends. I press no keys. it happens on 3 different computers in my house one being a brand new asus it's not my keyboard.

no its not your keyboard I thought the same thing it'll happen to me right when a convo ends. I press no keys. it happens on 3 different computers in my house one being a brand new asus it's not my keyboard.

Well i am glad i came across this thread then. I really thought it was my KB.

So thanks for all the enlightenment.................