6.1.4 Conquest Feedback

DavidStaats

The one piece of solo content I'd bring up here that should probably be looked at is Space Combat. Those got nerfed pretty heavily with this patch (from 7500 to 2750) and that seems like an odd choice to me. Again, just like with heroics, Space Combat doesn't have much in terms of level relevant rewards. Even less, honestly, considering heroics at least give good credits. It's basically dead content at this point, so Conquest is an avenue that can at least give people a reason to try it out. I've actually had fun with it in recent times doing it for Conquest and upgraded my ship on a couple characters to try some of the harder missions. I don't think they'd really be worth the effort now.

Agree : Space combat Nerf should be adjusted. Maybe they could award it so you have to do 2-3 of them to complete it and get the 7500

Edit: I would also like to add a suggestion to add tech frags as a reward for lowbie pvp.

It’s not like tech frags aren’t rewarded for doing other low lvl content, there is a precedence already.

I just killed the first boss in Black Talon at lvl 50 and got 20 tech frags. After 4 bosses I’ve got 80 tech frags. It took me 17 mins to get that. An average 8v8 is around 12-15mins. Arena is around 6-8 mins in lowbies.

Having tech frags as a reward for lowbie pvp would add an incentive to play it as people lvl up.

40 tech frags per game for a win or 20 for a loss in lowbies would be fair.

Edited by TrixxieTriss

• Replies 361
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

^^ Yeah the railshooter was nerfed alongside the planetaries as a part of the TC patch that caused such a huge rage over here. Rage was about planetaries so Bioware adjusted only the planetaries. Nobody raged about railshooter, so it was forgotten and left in its nerfed state. Needlessly! Imo it is in a pretty good place on live servers atm.

Adding another railshooter daily repeatable for completing any of the heroic space missions would be nice.

Edited by Stradlin

It's still just shuffling chairs around with no real change to crafting which is the major point maker for the top guilds. Also nerfing the rail shooter is dumb - no one played it before, now they play it, keep it as it is

agreed

This looks awful. I would understand for example having a slope of how much each daily mission complete <planet> and defeat enemies <planet> where like Korriban has the lowest and Iokath has the highest, and if you did them all it still equaled out to about what it would be if you did all of them already... but instead you are just nuking this content. This was the bread and butter since it was nice to knock out heroic missions on each and every planet. Not happy about this, and I might drop off of doing conquest from here on out. Starfighter doesn't pop on some servers, and I don't want to spam toxic PvP all day. No thanks.

This looks awful. I would understand for example having a slope of how much each daily mission complete <planet> and defeat enemies <planet> where like Korriban has the lowest and Iokath has the highest, and if you did them all it still equaled out to about what it would be if you did all of them already... but instead you are just nuking this content. This was the bread and butter since it was nice to knock out heroic missions on each and every planet. Not happy about this, and I might drop off of doing conquest from here on out. Starfighter doesn't pop on some servers, and I don't want to spam toxic PvP all day. No thanks.

You do realize that the Defeat Enemies 1, and 2 combined actually equal to what we have on the live server right? I tested it on Monday. As for the Planetary missions they're the same at level 75 with 1 exception. You no longer get 10k from doing your 1st heroic of the day. Everything else looked the same to me for Solo/Planetary missions.

With that being said the Railshooter should be put back to what it is on live as well.

i think the complete changes are going in a wrong way.

i like the idea behind, that the rewards should be connected to the difficulty and time investment. but it shouldn't be the way, to just increase all objectives.

as a player my goal is it, to complete the conquest on each toon as fast as possible. just moving points from a tier 1 objective to a tier 2 objective won't changes the total outcome.

so why should i go for yavin with 100k points, if 50k are enough to get the personal reward? all the changes are just increasing irrelevant points to me (exept some changes like operations, gsf, ect).

today i'm doing around 240-250k points with 4 toons a day in about 45min. so in 2 days i can finish my guilds conquest task solo. with the changes, i still need 90min, but get some more points.

guilds with more than 3 players now always will go for the medium planet, but if they are more active players, for the large one. the big guilds will still share the planets and it won't change much, but increase the total income of every player. so say hello to the next inflation level.

so in my opinion, the needed guilds points should be raised, too.

10mill large, 5mill medium, 2mill small planet

i think the complete changes are going in a wrong way.

i like the idea behind, that the rewards should be connected to the difficulty and time investment. but it shouldn't be the way, to just increase all objectives.

as a player my goal is it, to complete the conquest on each toon as fast as possible. just moving points from a tier 1 objective to a tier 2 objective won't changes the total outcome.

so why should i go for yavin with 100k points, if 50k are enough to get the personal reward? all the changes are just increasing irrelevant points to me (exept some changes like operations, gsf, ect).

today i'm doing around 240-250k points with 4 toons a day in about 45min. so in 2 days i can finish my guilds conquest task solo. with the changes, i still need 90min, but get some more points.

guilds with more than 3 players now always will go for the medium planet, but if they are more active players, for the large one. the big guilds will still share the planets and it won't change much, but increase the total income of every player. so say hello to the next inflation level.

so in my opinion, the needed guilds points should be raised, too.

10mill large, 5mill medium, 2mill small planet

I am not sure you have really understood the core idea behind these changes, they have not simply buffed all conquest points, they have made a 1st pass over balancing them based in part on feedback from the player base.

If all you care about is grinding out your personal points as quickly as possible, then honestly these changes are not aimed at you, as believe it or not, not everyone plays that way.

Hi all!

As I mentioned last week, there was an additional pass on Conquests for 6.1.4 we were performing. We have this ready to go now, so I would like to take this opportunity to go over what it entails.

• Starfighter: Dominate the Stars is now an Infinite Repeat (change from Daily Repeat).
    [/'list]

In my opinion this is very bad - Starfighter matchmaker isn't working correctly (unless the goal is to make one-sided matches), so putting an continuous emphasis on winning a match will lead to more "premades vs bunch of newbs" matches (and in effect, will scare the newbs away from GSF, or they will just "sit and wait for the match to end" - or even self-destructing to end it faster in TDM).

My suggestion: Leave Dominate The Stars as one-time goal. Add infinite Medal of Bravery instead. This will promote actually *doing* something in a match, even if the match seems lost from the start.

• Missions: Heroic is now only available in the 10-49 Level Bracket (change from 10-49, 50-70, 71+) and is now an Infinite Repeat (change from Daily Repeat).
  • Many “Complete [WEEKLY] Mission” Objectives are now Daily Repeat, allowing multiple characters per Legacy to complete them.

Well, that will pull people into "doing the same planets again and again". and remove the diversity for endgame chars in my opinion...