Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Any word yet on returning Counselor companions?

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion
Any word yet on returning Counselor companions?

IoNonSoEVero
07.13.2018 , 02:56 PM | #21
[QUOTE=Estelindis;9624000]Of course, this is all true.
Spoiler

Spoiler

Quote:
Well you're right, but the issue in most cases here is that they presumably intended to give more appropriate chapter returns to the majority of companions when they had twice as many chapters planned. For the KotFE chapters you mentioned, and the Star Fortresses too, it was only after their release and fan response that plans were changed. But yes, why not put Ashara in KotET ch1 and Quinn in KotET ch2? Even if it meant even worse imbalance in favour of repeatable Imperial companion returns compared with the small number of Republic returns we have in chapters...
True enough. If they'd planned for the rest of the companions over three seasons, it makes sense that they wouldn't have tried to pile them all in to KOTFE. All the same, yeah, once they knew three seasons were not happening, there were a few openings in KOTET to introduce people and they should have taken them.

With Risha/Corso/Andronikos and the Profit or Plunder chapter, I think they should have just scripted it that way to start. That would have given them four LIs back, two female and two male, and two from each faction. Even if they'd just gone with Risha and Vette for that chapter, again, it would have been 1:1 with Republic and Empire.

Zemblanity
07.13.2018 , 03:42 PM | #22
Quote: Originally Posted by QuinlanSaathis View Post
You are wrong on at least two, probably more.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SsKD17SMMiM
It's good to be wrong when I'm being too negative, please keep me informed of my mistakes in the future

Estelindis
07.13.2018 , 06:51 PM | #23
Quote: Originally Posted by IoNonSoEVero View Post
Spoiler
I agree with pretty much your whole post. I'm not 100% on trying to bring four companions back in one chapter, but with everything we know now I'd say I'm maybe... 90%? It makes sense now, when we're getting a whole bunch of two-minute returns. If each of the four companions only got a few minutes' attention in the chapter, it wouldn't be much different from what they ended up with - and it would be repeatable. And Vette plus Risha is such a shame to have missed. And the theme of the chapter certainly fits the companions you mentioned. But hindsight is 20/20. We don't know what chapters were planned that we never got, but I'd be surprised if none of them would've been an even better fit for some of these companions.

Regarding the bit of spoiler box I've quoted,
Spoiler
|| My referral link || Trask Ulgo > The Progenitor > Darth Malgus ||
Satisfying returns for class companions!
Especially companions of the long-neglected consular...
~~~Felix Iresso return discussion~~~

IoNonSoEVero
07.13.2018 , 07:34 PM | #24
Quote: Originally Posted by Estelindis View Post
I agree with pretty much your whole post. I'm not 100% on trying to bring four companions back in one chapter, but with everything we know now I'd say I'm maybe... 90%? It makes sense now, when we're getting a whole bunch of two-minute returns. If each of the four companions only got a few minutes' attention in the chapter, it wouldn't be much different from what they ended up with - and it would be repeatable. And Vette plus Risha is such a shame to have missed. And the theme of the chapter certainly fits the companions you mentioned. But hindsight is 20/20. We don't know what chapters were planned that we never got, but I'd be surprised if none of them would've been an even better fit for some of these companions.

Regarding the bit of spoiler box I've quoted,
Spoiler
Agreed with all of the above. Either choice is going to be difficult for him, and there's no denying that he had terrible experiences at the hands of the Empire. I also doubt it will happen, but I really wish we would see the companions' reactions to the Alliance's decisions far more than a split second "so and so approves" every now and then.
Spoiler

I think that with characters like Felix, a third option to remain truly neutral and out of the factions in future content would have been especially appreciated. For Lana, as well. I truly cannot see her as a good match with the Republic in any way. She's proud of being Sith, and encourages you to work with the Empire on Iokath, but she also says
Spoiler

Avashnea
07.13.2018 , 07:50 PM | #25
Quote: Originally Posted by Jdast View Post
Wrong. Wrong. Wrong. You're forgetting Holiday. You know exactly what target is being CC in the difficult solo content.
No, we aren't forgetting Holiday. She's even more annoying then he is.
Typical Jedi response:
LS Sith: Hello, I just saved all the children from that burning orphanage, can I get a glass of water?
Jedi: KILL THE EVIL SITH!

Estelindis
07.14.2018 , 01:27 AM | #26
Quote: Originally Posted by IoNonSoEVero View Post
Agreed with all of the above. Either choice is going to be difficult for him, and there's no denying that he had terrible experiences at the hands of the Empire. I also doubt it will happen, but I really wish we would see the companions' reactions to the Alliance's decisions far more than a split second "so and so approves" every now and then.
Spoiler

I think that with characters like Felix, a third option to remain truly neutral and out of the factions in future content would have been especially appreciated. For Lana, as well. I truly cannot see her as a good match with the Republic in any way. She's proud of being Sith, and encourages you to work with the Empire on Iokath, but she also says
Spoiler
Definitely agree 100% with all this, especially regarding Elara. I know plenty of people complained, but I love seeing actual consequences to our actions that fit well with the characters involved.

Thanks for the discussion.
|| My referral link || Trask Ulgo > The Progenitor > Darth Malgus ||
Satisfying returns for class companions!
Especially companions of the long-neglected consular...
~~~Felix Iresso return discussion~~~

Moodymanta
07.17.2018 , 12:47 AM | #27
I'd say yes, JC has it the worst for returning companions. Odds are Tharan/Holiday, Zenith & Nadia will be the very last ones to return, and that will only be when the conflict officially resets back to Republic/Empire. Heck, I'm pretty much anticipating that the game will shut down before they get announced to return. Which is a shame since Zenith was originally supposed to be one of the Star Fortress companions (still have no idea why they scrapped that).

Tharan could've aided the Alliance in the whole analysis of the Eternal Fleet/Iokath, and Holiday would've been an interesting character foil to SCORPIO as a fellow artificial lifeform relating to the (to coin an HK phrase) "meatbags".

As for Nadia, well...I guess it would've been interesting to see her stand on her own after six years w/o her Master and see how far she'd come (like w/ Ashara). And since my male JC decided to marry her before KOTFE happened, my headcanon was that they would've rebuilt the Jedi Order together with the other Force-sensitive class companions (I like to think Senya would've taken Raina as her student to fully train her in the Force, almost as a make-up for losing Vaylin) and allowed themselves to be married.

But yeah, disappointed overall.