Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Legacy Marriage

Daath_Kane
05.19.2014 , 12:59 PM | #11
bump.

Sidenti
05.19.2014 , 01:14 PM | #12
While I like the idea, I can't even begin to imagine how the code for merging Legacies would even take shape. You're talking about interconnecting two different accounts. There's a mountain of SECURITY work that has to be done before one can even consider the nuts-and-bolts of getting the concept to work appropriately and with reasonable defenses against possible exploits.

And that's before discussing Strongholds, which haven't even been released into the wild yet. I have a feeling that, if this EVER happens, it'll be a few years from now.

Is it absolutely NECESSARY for the Legacies to merge, or can what you want be accomplished by other, less intensive means? -bp

Kremsau
05.20.2014 , 11:49 AM | #13
For me it's really the Family Tree that would be nice.

Not really looking for sharing of bound items; although it would be nice if I could finally put those Birthright items to use if my significant other was replaying a class I'd gone through. However I don't feel that's quite as necessary.

As well, I don't think you should have an option as to bringing in the whole tree vs. just the player. You can't choose family, and that includes the level 1 bounty hunter who gets no love from your significant other.

DawnAskham
05.20.2014 , 12:07 PM | #14
I can't even begin to fathom the amount of issues linking two independent accounts together for the purpose of sharing game assets and player purchased or earned benefits would cause, nor how they would ever possibly sort out de-linking and distributing shared items once the inevitable 'divorce' between two players comes into play.

If you want this for RP purposes, I'd suggest coming up with features you'd like to see which don't include sharing game assets, such as having a shared legacy name and / or having the ability to display relationship status / significant other to other players.

Kremsau
05.20.2014 , 12:41 PM | #15
I've no idea how the coding works or how legacies are implemented past what I see on screen. Possible for you to not link two existing legacies, but to create a third new legacy for the couple?

Each item could retain it's original owner, and in the event of a split any remaining items are returned to owner? If there's a rage-split and the husband NPC's the wife's stuff...so be it hunny, shouldn't have married a loon.

ScarletBlaze
05.20.2014 , 01:49 PM | #16
/bump

As this would be a nice feature to add.
A southern girl is a girl who knows full well that she can open a door for herself but prefers for the gentleman to do it because it demonstrates a sense of respect. Guild Roleplays: http://republicexplorerscorp.enjin.com/activity
Referral Link: http://www.swtor.com/r/vLlZlR

ArielaKnight
05.20.2014 , 01:56 PM | #17
Quote: Originally Posted by DawnAskham View Post
I the inevitable 'divorce' between two players comes into play.

If you want this for RP purposes, I'd suggest coming up with features you'd like to see which don't include sharing game assets, such as having a shared legacy name and / or having the ability to display relationship status / significant other to other players.
1. Inevitable divorce? Interesting way you have at looking at things. Not everyone switches or divorces people on a whim. I am wondering what you would say to a dear friend of mine who gets to play with her (r/l) boyfriend 3-4 months out of the year because of his college education.

And for some of us this may have nothing to do with roleplay as some of us are actually playing with boyfriends/girlfriends or spouses that would like to do this.

Anyways I think this is a good idea and will bump it and hope the devs will do this as this is an option for people who want to do this. This in no way says everyone has to but those that like to .
The more you act like a lady, the more he'll act like a gentleman.

DawnAskham
05.20.2014 , 06:29 PM | #18
Quote: Originally Posted by ArielaKnight View Post
1. Inevitable divorce? Interesting way you have at looking at things. Not everyone switches or divorces people on a whim. I am wondering what you would say to a dear friend of mine who gets to play with her (r/l) boyfriend 3-4 months out of the year because of his college education.

And for some of us this may have nothing to do with roleplay as some of us are actually playing with boyfriends/girlfriends or spouses that would like to do this.

Anyways I think this is a good idea and will bump it and hope the devs will do this as this is an option for people who want to do this. This in no way says everyone has to but those that like to .
I have no issues at all with an in-game RP marriage. Anything else though (such as the ability to share legacy perks and bound gear) goes well beyond just wanting to recognize your significant other in-game and opens up a pandora's box of issues.

And I stand by my statement, if the game ever added a way to join to accounts, it is inevitable that some players will eventually want a dissolution of such joining, and it would have to be designed into the feature from the start.

Daath_Kane
05.20.2014 , 10:15 PM | #19
Quote: Originally Posted by DawnAskham View Post
And I stand by my statement, if the game ever added a way to join to accounts, it is inevitable that some players will eventually want a dissolution of such joining, and it would have to be designed into the feature from the start.
Agreed, if only to keep it from becoming another suggestion in the box that takes even longer.