Finding Groups for Flashpoints is Frustrating

Can we get global channels for level ranges?

The current LFG tool is pretty terrible.

It's frustrating to try to put a group together for a flashpoint when you have potential group members scattered across different planets, on their ships, and at the space station.

I can't be in 3 or more places at once.

Either that or add a dungeon finder because right now it's almost impossible to form a group for flashpoints.

Edited by Cyntric

Joining a guild shouldn't be a requirement for doing a flashpoint.

What if my guild is full of 50s and I'm looking to do a level 20 flashpoint?

You know that person in your life who still listens to casette players because they absolutely refuse to change? Prepare to argue with those people...

I stopped doing them at L12. I just can't be bothered spending 30 mins or more just standing in the fleet spamming LFG. Sometimes, the game will think I'm AFK so it will boot me LOL!

I've only done Hammer Station. :(

Edited by xioix

Join a guild

</thread>

So there's a guild where there's a tank, healer, 2 dps, from L10 to L50 that are online at any time ready to group with you? I want to join this guild!

Edited by xioix

I stopped doing them at L12. I just can't be bothered spending 30 mins just standing in the fleet spamming LFG.

I've only done Hammer Station. :(

You'd be spending the same amount of time AFKing in Stormwind waiting for a queue.

I have only don't the level 10 Flashpoint too.

I tried to form groups for the others but I stopped after spending what seemed like forever on the space station and only getting 1 other person who was interested.

I want to spend my time PLAYING the game I pay for not sitting on my thumb waiting for people to join me.

You'd be spending the same amount of time AFKing in Stormwind waiting for a queue.

While leveling I would not be spending time in the station waiting on a queue. I would be out leveling as time passed.

At level 50 sure you can make that argument. This isn't about level 50. This is about finding groups for flashpoints while leveling.

I'm an officer for what is probably the most successful Imperial guild on my server so far (not gloating, using it to make a point), and even then finding a group for flashpoints is pretty difficult. We have 290ish members and 1-50 level range but it just seems like nobody wants to do flashpoints, for the most part, on the server as a whole.. As an example, I sat in the fleet for an hour and a half to find a group for The Foundry, I flew to planets with the same level range and asked in their general chats and still practically no interest. Guildmates don't usually want to do it, either. I've given up trying to find a group for The Red Reaper and groups for Colicoid War Game are few and far between to say the least. The only constant groups I see are for Black Talon/Esseles, Hammer Station, and Athiss. Then we get some for Mandalorian Raiders, Then people get to Cademimu and can't find a group for their life and they give up after that. This is just my experience on my server, however. Anyone else on a server with lazy/unwilling/unsocial (whatever word you want to use) players when it comes to flashpoints?

I'm one of those 'lazy' players. I'd love to do a flashpoint, but at level 33 I have not done a single one yet. I typically grey out areas before I am even done with all the solo quests. I make a special effort to sit around for the Heriocs, sometimes even going back to 'old' planets to do a grey mission just for the storyline. I guess with the extra effort involved in Flashpoint grouping I just never seem to feel the urge to go through the hassle.

I'd like to try some, but can't be bothered when the other content is begging to be played.

You know that person in your life who still listens to casette players because they absolutely refuse to change? Prepare to argue with those people...

You sir win the Internet for today. That is exactly the mentality that seems to crawl its way out in the general forum...

I would love for them to...

Just take the current /who LFG and make it its own tab, All players currently on the server using the LFG tool already built into the game will show up in a nice list. Hell add check boxes for things you would like to do, That way you could easily sort. You still would have to whisper and group up on your own but you can now easily see everyone whos looking to group instead of spaming chat..

It can be. there have been times when I hit the sweet spot and could find group after group after group and there have been times when I spent half an hour trying to form a group only to realize it wasn't going to happe.

Of course it helps that I almost always play tanks or healers. I have been doing stuff in fleet (crafting, managing inventory, training etc etc) and have witnessed people spamming LFG for a lot longer (hour +) only have findally give up. This is really bad for the game. People need to run flashpoints at the appropriate levels.

As to the LFG setting on your social window. There are 3 problems with that;

1) A lot of players are not even aware of it

2) The "comment window" is so short you can't put anything meaningful into it

3) Even if you get what you want in the comment window, it resets when zone to new place replaces it with the generic text "LFG" which is not helpful

Join a guild

</thread>

It seems to me that if people Coalesce into seperate groups and only play with eeach other that would destroy any community the server could have had.

pree 1 button and wait or

/1 lfg dps BT

repeat for about 5 to 15 minutes and finally found someone

/1 lf2m heals/tank BT

repeat for about another 5 minutes

/1 lf1m tank BT

repeat this for like 10-50 minutes cause you'll never know when you may get one

Edited by Kabloosh

LFG tab wouldn't be bad.

Otherwise just skip the flashpoint and do it at a different time. What's to say that people would even respond to you wanting to do the flashpoint even after an LFG tab is created? It's all based on people and what time they have.

I might be looking for a group on my server for just a regular heroic quest at one hour (probably 1pm) and no one even gives a ****. But when I come back like 3 hours later, everyone and their mom wants to do the quest and people begin asking around 10 minute intervals until maybe 2:30am.

LFG tab wouldn't be bad.

Otherwise just skip the flashpoint and do it at a different time. What's to say that people would even respond to you wanting to do the flashpoint even after an LFG tab is created? It's all based on people and what time they have.

I might be looking for a group on my server for just a regular heroic quest at one hour (probably 1pm) and no one even gives a ****. But when I come back like 3 hours later, everyone and their mom wants to do the quest and people begin asking around 10 minute intervals until maybe 2:30am.

The only problem with skipping flashpoints is that when you go back and do the quest when you're higher level you get something like 5XP for completing the quest when you're done. This may just be after you already ran said flashpoint, but if you're only gonna get 5XP for it, what's the point of making it a daily quest? Just to be able to do the bonus mission again?

The only problem with skipping flashpoints is that when you go back and do the quest when you're higher level you get something like 5XP for completing the quest when you're done. This may just be after you already ran said flashpoint, but if you're only gonna get 5XP for it, what's the point of making it a daily quest? Just to be able to do the bonus mission again?

To do the flashpoint and see what it's like. That's the only reason. Of course you're going to get extremely low exp because you don't need to do the flashpoint for any other reason. There are still dailies around your level anyway.

Why even bother waiting around and NOT leveling if that's your main concern? Just ask yourself that since you brought it up. I gave you a perfectly good solution just for that reason.

My point is that if you can get a group in a short amount of time, more power to you and good luck. If you can't and no one's bothering to do it then why look stupid just asking around for 30 minutes or more on end when you could be enjoying the main aspect of the game?

To do the flashpoint and see what it's like. That's the only reason. Of course you're going to get extremely low exp because you don't need to do the flashpoint for any other reason. There are still dailies around your level anyway.

Why even bother waiting around and NOT leveling if that's your main concern? Just ask yourself that since you brought it up. I gave you a perfectly good solution just for that reason.

My point is that if you can get a group in a short amount of time, more power to you and good luck. If you can't and no one's bothering to do it then why look stupid just asking around for 30 minutes or more on end when you could be enjoying the main aspect of the game?

I definitely don't wait around when I can't find a group. But It's pretty ridiculous when I get 5XP from doing Black Talon/Esseles for the second time when I'm only level 15 and it's a 10ish flashpoint. (I know I could go do Hammer Station at 15, but that's not the point) Trust me, I'm not talking about being level 50 and wondering why BT gives me no XP. I did Foundry at level 42, I believe it's about a level 38 flashpoint, Why does a measly 4 level gap mean that I get practically nothing from it except XP from killing mobs? I The mobs weren't grey, in which case I would understand, and the bosses were still a pretty decent challenge, it's not like we ran through the place and powered through it in 20 minutes.

I really feel for you guys but I must admit I am really confused. I have yet to have to wait more then 10-15 min forming a group for flashpoints and I am on a "standard" populated server. Maybe I am just lucky...or a healer...or a leader...FIIK

P.S. I am pro global LFG channel...no harm in that.

15 minutes @ fleet spamming LFG is *STILL* too much. I don't like fleet. At all. It's laggy and general is filled with such garbage my eyes bleed. I'd like to be doing my dailies or helping guildies level up or managing my inventory on ship or doing ANYTHING other than waiting for ~5 minutes to pass so I can hit enter-uparrow-enter. Again.

Then again, there are nights like last night where I found a group in under 5 minutes and we ran 3 FPs. I was in heaven.

I definitely don't wait around when I can't find a group. But It's pretty ridiculous when I get 5XP from doing Black Talon/Esseles for the second time when I'm only level 15 and it's a 10ish flashpoint. (I know I could go do Hammer Station at 15, but that's not the point) Trust me, I'm not talking about being level 50 and wondering why BT gives me no XP. I did Foundry at level 42, I believe it's about a level 38 flashpoint, Why does a measly 4 level gap mean that I get practically nothing from it except XP from killing mobs? I The mobs weren't grey, in which case I would understand, and the bosses were still a pretty decent challenge, it's not like we ran through the place and powered through it in 20 minutes.

Ouch. 4 levels over and youre getting massive XP reductions? Was it still green? This worries me a bit as Im 32 and completely missed all of the FPs from 25 up. was planning on hitting a few tonight as they were still green but now Im having second thoughts.

I havent noticed but are there any powerleveling restrictions in place now? We had an 18 with us on BT once, but I dont remember losing any XP over it so I assume it only effects those over level.