Soa bugs

What I see there is "The theory I've seen the most" and "Others in other Soa threads have speculated". I am sorry, but in what universe is hear-say substantial information?

What part of

"I can confirm Steps A and B leading to result C"

is difficult? It's rumors to him, but you're ignoring the fact that I'm saying, as plain as can be, that what he is saying is exactly how it's occurring. If I have to fraps our Hardmode Shield not breaking on the Rocks next week, I'll gladly do it.

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

What I see there is "The theory I've seen the most" and "Others in other Soa threads have speculated". I am sorry, but in what universe is hear-say substantial information?

Ah...it's more clear now. You just don't believe that anyone walks in there and kills him every week without having to deal with a million bugs.

The fight is completable when having every bug, minus the Shield not wearing off in transition. This is not survivable (1 tick, maybe.)

You can overcome the Lightning Orbs. That's the biggest issue. If you have to take 30 seconds to pop it, then you have to take 30 seconds to pop it. Wait for that Rakata Med Pac to come up, or Deionized to wear off. Whatever the case may be. If you run through it and it doesn't pop, don't keep running through it. Get topped off, try again.

You can prevent the 30% Toss bug. Yeah, it sucks when the shield doesn't break. It's a good thing that his berserk won't kill your tank. You can afford to waste 2, 3, or even 4 statues on this fight. Most we've had for a kill was 11, on our first kill, with 2 DPS dead for a majority of phase 3. We've since cleaned that up to 5-6.

You can prevent Pillars from disappearing by resetting active operations after every wipe.

I've never said "this fight is impossible to do with the bugs.". My argument has been more of the stance of "we shouldn't have to formulate strategies based on potential bugs"

We two shot him a week ago, and then spent 3 hours on him this week. We just had a rough go with orbs this week.

I've never said "this fight is impossible to do with the bugs.". My argument has been more of the stance of "we shouldn't have to formulate strategies based on potential bugs"

Very much this. I'm glad I looked at this thread between wipes, once I stopped putting him on the rocks the pillar broke his shield every time. Only other thing I'd like to see added to this fight (yes it would make it easier) is some shadow or symbol underneath the pillar to show you the spot he needs to be in, even with my camera zoomed all the way out it's still a little annoying setting it up just right, I admit I've gotten hit before trying to get it just right, I'd love a marker of some kind.

Very much this. I'm glad I looked at this thread between wipes, once I stopped putting him on the rocks the pillar broke his shield every time. Only other thing I'd like to see added to this fight (yes it would make it easier) is some shadow or symbol underneath the pillar to show you the spot he needs to be in, even with my camera zoomed all the way out it's still a little annoying setting it up just right, I admit I've gotten hit before trying to get it just right, I'd love a marker of some kind.

Now this is a good idea. Some sort of target outlining the dimensions of the area the pylon would hit. This way, if the rocks are the buggy issue, you would have a better idea of where you can position him where it should work just fine.

These are not "avoidable" bugs. These are not "Learn to play" issues. These are mechanical flaws of the encounter, period. They don't happen on every attempt.

This.

I've never encountered such a buggy raid boss even on other games test servers.

You misunderstood what he's saying. He's not saying the player is teleported to the middle of the platform and falls to his death, he's saying the player is teleported to the entranced of the encounter.

This week, we had an enormous amount of bugs on Soa, while last week we had none. Two weeks ago, massive amounts of bugs.

Inb4 "you're not doing the encounter correctly." We are.

Inb4 "blah blah poopsickle blah." Not to be elitist, but any kind of those troll comments have no bearing on me. Top world WoW raiders etc.

This isn't e-peen building, this is "dont insult me with asking me to unplug my router from the wall for 30 seconds" kind of information. We know what we're doing.

On to the bugs!

Lightning Orbs not exploding on contact.

Example: Orbs on Player 1 and Player 2. Player 1 pops his orb, leaving only player 2 and his orb. Player 2 isolates himself away from the raid, and lets the orb close in. Player 2 runs through the orb, and it doesn't explode. Player 2 tries again, it doesn't explode again. The third time of running through the orb, it finally explodes.

Combat Resurrection not working as intended.

Starting off by stating that we know the difference of when a combat resurrection is available to use, and when it isn't. Not having the debuff, I expect that we should be able to use the abilities of the classes we bring. "Target cannot benefit" is the error we receive most. An inquisitor Vanish and out of combat resurrection also yields the "Target cannot benefit" bug.

Combat Resurrection not working as intended pt2.

Imperial Agent Operative Resuscitation Probe will resurrect a fallen player, however, The sorcerer Reanimation will not raise an ally. On some fights, the Sorcerer Reanimation will work, but the Resuscitation Probe will not.

Real Life Example: Player popping his lightning orb gets knocked down to 50%. He is on cooldown from the Sorc shield, so he could not negate a large portion of the damage. Immedietely, he is picked for Toss. Knowing he is going to die, I tell both the Operative and Sorcerer to be ready to battle res. Player lands, dies. Operative tries to res, "Cannot benefit." Sorcerer tries to res, and it works! On other attempts, the Sorcerer res will get the "cannot benefit" line, but the Operative resurrection will go through no problem.

In some circumstances, we have an Inquisitor Assassin vanish/cloak and attempt an out of combat resurrection (to save the battle res for later). Sometimes this works as intended. Sometimes RNG gets us via a toss or mind trap, interrupting the process. This is fine, as it's part of fight design. However, sometimes the out of combat res getting the "cannot benefit" bug, is not part of fight design. Especially when the Operative tries to res afterwards, and cannot. But the sorcerer is actually able to get the Reanimation off.

Combat Resurrection not working as intended p3.

This isn't limited to Soa, but to Resurrection in general. Some times when a player is raised, it will not bring him back into the battle. Instead, it teleports him to outside the instance, away from the fight. We killed Soa on an attempt where this actually occured, and the played involved had to run back into the operation, and fall 5,000 meters to his death so he could receive loot.

Platforms, Mind Traps.

Two weeks ago we constantly had this issue. If people are stuck in Mind Trap when the fight ends, there was a high percentage chance that the platforms would not respawn. We just got in the habit of resetting the instance after every wipe. We shouldn't have to do this, however. There needs to be a debuff that kills people inside Mind Trap after X amount of time (45-60 seconds?) to allow the fight to properly reset.

Toss.

People getting tossed and not landing in the middle is a rare issue. I can't touch on this much since it hasn't happened to us more than once.

Toss , Lightning Orb combo

If the person targeted by Lightning Orb simultaneously gets picked by Toss, the orb will go to the middle and evade away. This isn't usually a problem, but it can align itself to where the Orb is trying to evade in the middle, when the person lands from the Toss. Toss land damage + instant orb explosion = unnecessary RNG death. This is not fun, this is not "part of the fight." Getting hit for 20k+ for not doing anything wrong is not proper fight design.

Corpse bug

If someone dies in phase 2, but a combat resurrection isn't available yet due to debuff, the body falls to the bottom of the arena for phase 3. However, the body isn't visible for several minutes. Engaging Soa at 29% for p3, the body is not visible. However, by the time Soa reaches 10% or so, the body is now visible where it should have been for the duration of phase 3. Need to fix the X Y Z axis issues with corpses dying on phase 2.

Pillars.

Pillars can and will hit Soa smack in the forehead, and his shield will not break. He will be dead center of the fissured ground, and his shield will not break. If he is not enraged, the tank just eats the pillar too to make sure that it goes off. Tank will take the 40% damage from the pillar, but Soa's shield remains intact.

Also, there have be instances where the tank and Soa will not get hit by the pillar despite being within 5 meters of the Fissure, however, a player that is 20+ meters away from the Fissure markings will instantly be killed by the pillar.

Soa, 5 meters away : No shield breaking.

Bounty Hunter, 20 meters away : Dead.

Charged pylons.

One attempt this week, Soa decided to not drop his shield stacks during the platform transition. We start on the west side, work our way down, and kill every pylon. Despite killing every single pylon (8-9?), we got to the bottom to discover that Soa still had 3 stacks of his Lightning Shield.

We've now, again, established that every single ability of Soa's is bugged. This is depressing, because Soa is an extremely fun fight. It's a complex fight. But it feels like the programming was far too complex for whoever was in charge of this encounter.

A fight shouldn't have -every single mechanic- bugged in some way, three months after release, and multiple months prior of beta testing. It's irresponsible.

And just for the lulz, other bugs we encountered this week:

Gharj skipped everything this week. Thus, no adds, no platform switching, no pounce, no frenzy. At the end of the fight, he did a frenzy, and the platform we were supposed to go to was 200 meters away. The rock path was coming from where the main platform SHOULD have been, but wasn't. We had to trek through lava to get to the new platform. At this time, the fight began following typical protocol.

Bonethrasher's 360 degree cleave. We know that in actuality, his body is switching targets faster than the animation can keep up to give the 'illusion' of a 360 degree cleave. It's more of a graphical annoyance than a bug. Solution is to obviously just take yourself out of the fight for 15 seconds while you wait for the debuff to fall off. DPS timer isn't so intense that you can't dip out for a short time.

Foreman Crusher: Boss despawned in the middle of the encounter, resetting himself instantly with the four adds around him.

Don't forget the Heavy fabricator droid that spawns countless droids on top of each other bug. i have pretty much given up hope that bioware will address this bug ever. they just don't seem to care that the 2 operations they have in their game are buggy as hell. its a crap shoot if any of these ops will bug out you have to roll the dice and see what happens.

Don't forget the Heavy fabricator droid that spawns countless droids on top of each other bug. i have pretty much given up hope that bioware will address this bug ever. they just don't seem to care that the 2 operations they have in their game are buggy as hell. its a crap shoot if any of these ops will bug out you have to roll the dice and see what happens.

Ahah, I forgot about Fabricator. He teleports to the ceiling sometimes, for some reason unknown to me. Tanking him, and then all of a sudden, Poof. Ceiling.

But I'm not sure if him spawning multiple droids on top of eachother is a bug? You're supposed to handle them throughout the fight.

We had a new bug tonight on Soa.

We one shot Soa tonight, as the fight worked completely as intended. Lightning Orbs exploded when they were supposed to, and Shield broke on every pillar. This has got to be a bug. This is UNACCEPTABLE.

We one shot Soa tonight, as the fight worked completely as intended. Lightning Orbs exploded when they were supposed to, and Shield broke on every pillar. This has got to be a bug. This is UNACCEPTABLE.

Id like to see that bug in NM mode, just once.

Edited by Annexium

That's not working as intended

This is how my guild's first NM kill went down actually, we spent over 2 hours trying to down him on Tuesday night and called the raid. our next raid day we do NM karaggas, roll up and 1 shot Soa. Everything worked perfectly, no one got owned by landing on a ball, the pillars all actually were where they were supposed to be. Needless to say this 1 shot miracle never happened again. Although, we have since gotten the infernal.

From what ive seem though it seems your best chance for an easy nearly bugless encounter is on the first try. Dont ever ever wipe the fight on a transition phase or you can kiss the floor goodbye.

Edited by Bruteuus

the bug we got this week was around 3% of the boss Hp left he would mind trap the tank and reset. back to full health leaving all of us down at the bottom and him back up top. it did this every attempt for about an hour.

He do this in P3 if you are only there with one Tank.

He traps the tank, agro reset -> no one on agro list -> reset.

It's just another bug.

• 7 years later...