1.5 tomorrow???!!

NinjaApacHe

We wanted to give you all a heads up that the Public Test Server will be coming down today at 12PM CDT. We do not have an ETA on when it will be back up.

Thank you for testing out Star Wars: The Old Republic on the Public Test Server!

Does this mean tomorrow HK51 arrives??? :D:rak_02:

Game Update 1.5 will not be deployed to the live servers tomorrow during maintenance - sorry to rain on the parade! Once the PTS is back up, though, please do take the time to help test if you're able!

Can you please give us incentive to test on the PTS? As of right now there is absolutely no reason to log on there.

When we can copy characters to the PTS, I'll be all over it. When characters can be wiped -- and no incentive as said already -- very little urge to go there.

Cryptic gives incentives. Not 24/7 but with each major update they call Seasons in STO, you get a tribble for testing on the actual play server. And tribbles give a buff. Some were blah and weak but at least it was a bone tossed to those who tested.

Edited by Jacen_Starsolo

Game Update 1.5 will not be deployed to the live servers tomorrow during maintenance - sorry to rain on the parade! Once the PTS is back up, though, please do take the time to help test if you're able!
No one is testing it. You might as well release it because it will have whatever bugs we currently don't know about it a month from now since no one will see most of the content.

Once the PTS is back up, though, please do take the time to help test if you're able!

PTS Character refresh = Real Testing

Allison-

Any chance we can get our current characters copied to PTS? I don't see any real testing happening until that feature comes back online. I've given up trying to test some of the hard mode stuff in my crap gear from months ago.

Can you please give us incentive to test on the PTS? As of right now there is absolutely no reason to log on there.

^This.

No character copy. I am not grinding a toon to 50 to beable to test. If Blizzard can do it EAware SHOULD do it (we know they CAN do it since they had character copy for their special massive load test just before the final moves). :rolleyes:

Edited by Urael

PTS Character refresh = Real Testing

Allison-

Any chance we can get our current characters copied to PTS? I don't see any real testing happening until that feature comes back online. I've given up trying to test some of the hard mode stuff in my crap gear from months ago.

This x infinity.

People aren't going to waste hours of paid game time leveling from scratch, just to lose access when the PTS is taken offline for extended periods, or lose the characters entirely when it's wiped.

Time to correct this with character copies or vendors that allow us to level/gear up in order to test specific content.

That's a bit of a dumb remark when you won't even allow people to copy over there latest toons and for the ones that are lucky to be on there can't do some of the content because you failed us by not giving a care package of BH comms and other things to help test to be honest I have never seen a Bioware Dev doing the testing are we your lab rats and devoted testers but instead you spit in our faces and with the support that you offer keep saying it's an unfair advantage to be given any type of comms if we are spending hours on end testing your content so it's tested to be semi bug free for the live servers shouldn't we be given something back ? We are paying subscribers and are taking away the time from our live servers to help bioware to make sure content is good enough for the others to play so why not give everyone a care package because as we all know as the content gets more extreme the ones with the gear they never helped will no longer be able to test new content.

Honestly... until the developers actually use the feedback and bug logs submitted through the PTS then what's the point of wasting time on the PTS? You all will need to also get character transfers to the PTS working before I can put any faith in the validity of the PTS...

I'm disappointed that there wasn't another bug fix patch this week. I hope that means that 1.5 will fix the many outstanding bugs and issues with 1.4 instead of introducing a host of new ones.

Please do take the time to make sure that we don't have to level from 1 to 50 and gear up just to test your stuff, because you fired everyone and have 2 developers left :)

Edited by Eszi

Only incentive I'd need is that they actually listened to our feedback and fixed the bugs, rather than rushing to release with broken patches

k let me copy mai 50's and ill gladly test

...please do take the time to help test if you're able!

Allison, with all do respect PTR is not ready for testing until:

1. Players can change level on the fly, all content needs to be tested, not just end game.

2. PTR has vendors who offer gear and mods for free for all levels range.

3. Crew skills missions cost nothing but time.

4. When companions appear according to level not buy doing story line.

5. Vendors who offer crafting mats for free.

Starting on PTR from level 1 and going trough leveling/farming materials/reverse engineering/grinding gauntlet.

I believe that many players have something more useful to do.